1,117,011,735 PAGE VIEWS FOR NBCOLYMPICS.COM
Gabby Douglas Most-Clicked Athlete on NBCOlympics.com
7.6 Million Devices Now Verified by Cable, Satellite & Telco Customers
NBCOlympics.com Visitors Spend More Than 27 Minutes Per Visit, More Than Twice the Time Spent During Beijing Olympics
102.6 Million Total Videos Streamed and 45 Million Live Videos Streamed Already Surpass Total for 2008 Beijing Olympics
NBC Olympics Live Extra & NBC Olympics apps Peaked at No. 1 & 2 as Top Free Apps for iPhone & iPad on App Store
LONDON - August 6, 2012 - As the second week of the London 2012 Olympic Games begins, NBCOlympics.com has surpassed one billion page views across its computer, mobile and tablet platforms, including the two NBC Olympics apps, NBC Olympics Live Extra and NBC Olympics. With six days remaining, the London Olympics page view total is 1.1 billion, nearly surpassing the total page views for the entire 2008 Beijing Olympics (1.2 billion).
Additional digital highlights include:
· Gabby Douglas (18.27 million views) leading Michael Phelps (7.04 million) by more than 11 million views as NBCOlympics.com's 'Most-Clicked Athlete';
· 7.6 million devices having been verified by cable, satellite and telco customers;
· Total video streams now over 100 million (102.6 million), which surpasses the 75.5 million total streams for the entire 2008 Beijing Olympics;
· Live video streams reaching 45 million, more than triple the total live streams for the entire Beijing Olympics (14 million);
· Visitors are spending more than 27 minutes per visit in the site (118% ahead of Beijing);
· More than seven million downloads of the NBC Olympics Live Extra and NBC Olympics apps, peaking at No. 1 and No. 2 as the Top Free apps for iPhone and iPad on App Store.
Following are more highlights of NBC Olympics' digital coverage of the 2012 London Olympics (data provided by Omniture is through Sunday, August 5):
· NBCOlympics.com has surpassed one billion page views (1.1 billion) across its computer, mobile and tablet platforms, including the two NBC Olympics apps, NBC Olympics Live Extra and NBC Olympics.
· Through the same point in the Games, London page views are outpacing Beijing (811 million) by 38 percent.
· With six days remaining, the London Olympics page view total has reached 1.1 billion, nearly surpassing the total page views for the entire 2008 Beijing Olympics (1.2 billion).
· On average, visitors to NBCOlympics.com spend more than 27 minutes per visit, 118% higher than the average time spent per user during the Beijing Olympics (12 minutes).
· Gabby Douglas -- the women's gymnastics all-around gold medalist who also won gold as a member of Team USA -- is by far the 'Most Clicked Athlete' on NBC Olympics.com with 18.27 million views, more than 11 million more than the most-decorated Olympian of all time, Michael Phelps, who won four gold and two silver medals here in London. Following are the Top 10 Most Clicked Athletes on NBCOlympics.com:
ATHLETES SPORT, COUNTRY VIEWS
Gabby Douglas Gymnast, USA 18.27 million
Michael Phelps Swimmer, USA 7.04 million
McKayla Maroney Gymnast, USA 6.04 million
Jordyn Wieber Gymnast, USA 5.94 million
Aly Raisman Gymnast, USA 3.01 million
Misty May-Treanor Beach Volleyball, USA 2.45 million
Missy Franklin Swimmer, USA 2.36 million
Usain Bolt Track & Field, Jamaica 2.33 million
Ryan Lochte Swimmer, USA 2.27 million
Serena Williams Tennis, USA 1.83 million
· Cable, satellite, and telco customers have now verified 7.6 million devices either on NBCOlympics.com or on the NBC Olympics Live Extra app, an increase of one million devices since Friday, August 3.
· This is believed to be the most device verifications ever for a single event in TV Everywhere history.
· There are approximately 100 million multi-channel homes in the U.S.
TOTAL VIDEO STREAMS
· 102.6 million, 147% more than Beijing (41.6 million) through the same period
· For entire Beijing Games: 75.5 million total streams
· 13.2 million hours of total video streamed, 121% more than Beijing (5.9 million) through the same period
· For entire Beijing Games: 9.9 million hours of video streamed
LIVE VIDEO STREAMS
· 45.2 million, 355% more than Beijing through the same period (10.0 million streams)
· London has already more than tripled the live streams for the entire Beijing Olympics (14 million)
· 8.7 million hours of live video has been streamed, 365% more than Beijing (1.9 million hours) through the same period
· London has already surpassed Beijing
· For entire Beijing: 4.0 million hours
London 2012 Beijing 2008
NBCOlympics.com computer 39.1 million 37.0 million
NBCOlympics.com mobile website 6.8 million 4.2 million
NBC Olympics Live Extra app 8.7 million NA
NBC Olympics app 3.1 million NA
MOST-WATCHED OLYMPIC LIVE STREAMS (ALL OLYMPICS)
(All were streamed only to cable, satellite and telco customers who verified their accounts, except Usain Bolt's 100m gold medal race on Aug. 5, 2012, and Michael Phelps' 200IM gold medal victory on Aug. 2, 2012)
DATE GAMES VIDEO CLIP VIDEO SPORT STREAMS
July 31, 2012 London Team USA Women's Gymnastics wins Gold Gymnastics 1,462,834
August 5, 2012 London Usain Bolt wins Men's 100m Track & Field 1,288,941
August 2, 2012 London Michael Phelps wins 200IM Gold Swimming 1,192,812
August 2, 2012 London Gabby Douglas wins Women's All-Around Gold Gymnastics 1,096,319
July 30, 2012 London Men's Gymnastics Team Gold Medal Final Gymnastics 1,067,679
July 31, 2012 London Team USA Men's Swimming wins 4x200 Gold Swimming 1,010,416
July 28, 2012 London Ryan Lochte wins 400IM Gold Swimming 891,819
July 29, 2012 London Team USA Men's Swimming earns 4x100 Silver Swimming 823,194
July 29, 2012 London Team USA Women's Gymnastics Qualifications Gymnastics 688,752
August 1, 2012 London Men's Gymnastics All-Around Gold Medal Final Gymnastics 610,335
August 22, 2008 Beijing USA Men's Basketball Semifinal Basketball 581,882