CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- New York celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito will be back for a second season of NBC's reality series "The Restaurant." Executive producer Mark Burnett confirmed the news in an interview with The Age, a daily newspaper in Melbourne, Australia.
"You're hearing it from me now," Burnett said. "Rocco is returning. I haven't actually told any journalist that." No other details were revealed other than production on the second season is set to begin on Monday.
"The Restaurant's" original six-week run averaged 7.82 million viewers this past summer. NBC had previously been in talks with the show's producers (read the story) about renewing the series however nothing official had been announced until this point.
You can read Burnett's complete interview by clicking here.