Monster Line-Up Slated for October on Cartoon Network
Ghoulish Episodes and Halloween Specials Haunt Cartoon Network All Month Long
Cartoon Network will offer a bag full of treats during the year�s scariest month to satisfy Halloween fans far and wide. Beginning Oct. 1, Scary Fridays Specials will creep onto the Fridays schedule; Oct. 25-30 will be Scary Scooby Movie Week; a three-hour block on Oct. 30 will feature the Scary Saturday Block Party; and the Billy and Mandy Dare-A-Thon will take over seven hours on Oct. 31.
Scary Fridays Specials
Get freaked out every Friday night when Scary Fridays Specials takes over Fridays, Cartoon Network�s popular prime time block of animated comedies, beginning Oct. 1 at 8 p.m. (ET, PT). Every Friday night in October will feature a Halloween-themed special, including �Billy and Mandy�s Jacked-Up Halloween� and the premiere of Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktakular and Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster.
- Oct. 1: Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktakular (PREMIERE) � Based on a book by the award-winning artist and writer Jill Thompson, this whimsical story follows Hannah Marie on an adventure one dark Halloween night. Her mean cousin is grumpy about having to babysit Hannah and cooks up a scheme to frighten her, but the scheme backfires when Hannah gets help from her Scary Godmother and quirky monster friends.
- Oct. 8: The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy � �Billy and Mandy�s Jacked-Up Halloween� � Jack, a headless prankster from Grim�s past, uses Billy to steal Grim�s scythe so he can destroy Grim and then take over the world with demons from the Netherworld.
- Oct. 15: Hamtaro � �Ham Ham Halloween� � The Ham-Ham�s are followed by a scary creature on their way to a mysterious Halloween party. But it turns out to be part of a playful prank.
- Oct. 22: The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy � �Billy and Mandy�s Jacked-Up Halloween�
- Oct. 29: Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness Monster (PREMIERE) � Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Daphne, Fred and Velma travel to Scotland to co-host the famous Highland games, where they get more than fun when they discover the Loch Ness Monster. Before the games begin, the gang must unravel the secret behind the fabled monster, who is angry that they�re holding the games on her sacred nesting ground.
- Scooby Scary Movie Week
Scooby Scary Movie Week is sure to get everyone psyched for trick-or-treating with a skin-crawling Scooby-Doo feature airing every night during the week of Oct. 25-29. Each Monday-Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT) and Friday night at 8 p.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network will air a full-length movie based on the globe-trekking adventures of the Mystery Inc. gang. The weeklong event comes to a close with the premiere of Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster on Friday, Oct. 29 at 8 p.m. (ET, PT).
- Monday, Oct. 25 � Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico � The Scooby gang goes south of the border to enjoy the Day of the Dead festivities, but the celebration comes to a screeching halt when they encounter Mexico�s version of Bigfoot, El Chupacabra, and the young snoops smell a conspiracy.
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 � Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase � Mystery Inc. faces their most electrifying case ever when they are zapped into a high-tech computer game based on their own adventures in this feature-length movie. While pursuing the Phantom Computer Virus through the video game, the gang travels from the prehistoric past to the space-age future, managing to meet up with their digital doubles along the way.
- Wednesday, Oct. 27 � Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire � Scooby-Doo and the gang attend a music festival held at Vampire Rock in Australia, but the music goes flat when they learn that a legendary Australian creature is kidnapping the musical acts and turning them into vampires. Masquerading as a heavy metal band, the Mystery Inc. gang must survive a trio of rock-�n�-roll vampires if they want to crack the outlandish Outback mystery.
- Thursday, Oct. 28 � Scooby Doo on Zombie Island � The gang is back on another adventure, this time on spooky Moonscar Island, where they investigate a haunted house on a Louisiana bayou. During their sleuthing, Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma encounter a host of creepy characters, including a sinister ghost pirate, a ghostly Civil War soldier and an island crawling with zombies.
- Friday, Oct. 29 � Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster PREMIERE
Scary Saturday Block Party
Procrastinators will be inspired to brew up last-minute costume ideas during the Scary Saturday Block Party airing on Cartoon Network on Saturday, Oct. 30, from 3-6 p.m. (ET, PT). The three-hour marathon will feature spooky episodes and specials of Cartoon Network favorites like Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Hamtaro. All times ET, PT.
- 3 p.m. � Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends � �Blooo� � After watching a scary movie on a dark and stormy night, Wilt and Eduardo are sure there is a ghost in the house. Little do they know that it�s actually just Blooregard, who is now ghostly white and snot-ridden from a cold.
- 3:30 p.m. � The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy � �Who Killed Who?� � Mandy visits an old haunted house down the street from which no one has emerged for years. Mandy wonders if she will be able to leave once she enters. �Teen Wolf� � Irwin turns into a werewolf, so Billy does the most logical thing-he enters him into a dog show.
- 4 p.m. � The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy � �Billy and Mandy�s Jacked-Up Halloween�
- 4:30 p.m. � Hamtaro � �Ham-Ham Halloween�
- 5 p.m. � Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktakular
Billy and Mandy Dare-a-Thon
As a nation prepares to trick-or-treat on Sunday, Oct. 31, Cartoon Network will devote a seven-hour marathon to The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. This tale of an unflappable little girl, a dim-witted but well-meaning boy and the Grim Reaper has become one of Cartoon Network�s top-rated original series. The Billy and Mandy Dare-a-Thon will get viewers into the Halloween spirit with the spookiest, most hilarious episodes on Sunday, Oct. 31, from 12-7 p.m. (ET, PT). The half-hour Halloween special, Billy and Mandy�s Jacked Up Halloween, will kick off the marathon as well as bring it to a close.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.1 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment. Drawing from the world�s largest cartoon library, Cartoon Network showcases unique original ventures such as Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kids Next Door, Teen Titans, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter�s Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Ed, Edd n Eddy and other Cartoon Cartoons. Cartoon Network also features Adult Swim, a late-night block of animation for grown-ups. Since its launch in 1992, Cartoon Network has remained one of ad-supported cable�s highest-rated networks. Cartoon Network�s Web site is located at http://CartoonNetwork.com (AOL Keyword: Cartoon Network).
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.