Interactive Event to Kick Off New Season of Codename: Kids Next Door
Cartoon Network Begins Operation B.E.S.T., Seven-Week Mission to Find New Kids Next Door Operatives
The Kids Next Door will soon enlist the help of new operatives across the country in Operation B.E.S.T., a seven-week-long interactive event allowing viewers to build their own Kids Next Door Operative at CartoonNetwork.com and complete missions related to that week�s Codename: Kids Next Door world premiere episode. The interactive event will kick off the new season of the top-rated series on Friday, Oct. 29, at 6:30 p.m. (ET, PT) leading off Fridays, the popular weekend franchise showcasing Cartoon Network�s best animated comedy series.
Operation B.E.S.T. will let kids nationwide compete against each other every week in a new online Codename: Kids Next Door game. By going to CartoonNetwork.com, viewers can select the features of their operative, including speed, clothing and hair color, and lead their new Kids Next Door on a secret mission. Top scorers will be saluted each day, and each week�s winner will be crowned by Fridays hosts Tommy and Nzinga in prime time.
Codename: Kids Next Door focuses on the exploits of one of the movement�s top groups of operatives, who have their home base in an elaborate treehouse in an otherwise mundane suburb. Numbuh One (real name: Nigel Uno) is the bossy and confident leader of the group. Numbuh Two (Hoagie P. Gilligan, Jr.) is an excitable goofball and expert pilot. Numbuh Three (Kuki Sanban) is cute and flirty, but she always completes her assignments flawlessly. Numbuh Four (Wallabee Beatles), an impulsive Australian, likes to throw punches first and talk second. And Numbuh Five (Abigail Lincoln), the calm and even-tempered member of the team, steps up when some sneaking around needs to be done.
Episodes will air Friday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. (ET, PT). The schedule for the fourth season of Codename: Kids Next Door is as follows:
- Friday, Oct. 29: �OPERATION T.R.I.C.K.Y.� � It�s Halloween, and all the Kids Next Door are dressed and ready to go trick-or-treating. Everyone except Numbuh Four, a.k.a. Wallabee Beatles, who says he has better things to do with his time than prance around in a silly costume. But when he finds out that there�s candy to be had, Wally changes his attitude. Unfortunately, his candy quest is complicated by the crafty Stickybread and his horde of Candy Pirates. �OPERATION: U.N.C.O.O.L.� � Numbuh Two convinces the Kids Next Door to journey to a spooky Cyprus Treehouse in the Bayou and rescue the all-important Numbuh 73. The five stalwart superagents quickly find themselves overwhelmed by a swarm of zombie nerds.
- Friday, Nov. 5: �OPERATION: P.R.E.S.I.D.E.N.T.� � The Kids Next Door are hired by the fourth-grade class president for security detail on a very important mission. �OPERATION: H.O.S.P.I.T.A.L.� � After an operative is injured, the Kids Next Door rush to the hospital to protect the patient from a teenage attack, but soon they need some protection of their own.
- Friday, Nov. 12: �OPERATION: S.P.R.O.U.T.� � Numbuh Four accidentally eats a brussel sprout, sending the rest of the Kids Next Door on an emergency fantastic voyage to stop the dreaded vegetable from being digested. �OPERATION: H.O.U.N.D.� � Numbuh Five tells her teacher the story about a vicious dog eating her homework, but the truth about the dog is even more horrible.
- Friday, Nov. 19: �OPERATION: R.A.B.B.I.T.� � Numbuh Two and Numhuh Five venture into the deep, dark vastness of the Jungle Gym to find the second grade�s missing bunny, only to discover that an old nemesis with a horrible, yet sugary, secret awaits them. �OPERATION: F.L.U.S.H.� � While attempting to capture the Kids Next Door�s treehouse, the adult villains learn that there is no such thing as a fool-proof plan against the Toilenator. Friday, Nov. 26: �OPERATION: F.O.O.D.F.I.T.E.� � Gramma Stuffum unleashes a gastronomic grossness on the school in a rock opera. �OPERATION: C.L.U.E.S.� � When a friendly Sunday dinner with Numbuh Two�s and Numbuh Three�s families takes a dramatic turn, only Hoagie�s detective skills can solve the case.
- Friday, Dec. 3: �OPERATION: N.U.G.G.E.T.� � Numbuh Four�s discovery of a chicken nugget in a local stream creates a stampeding Chicken Nugget Rush of condiment cowboys. �OPERATION: M.A.C.A.R.O.N.I.� � The bumbling Numbuh 13 warns the Kids Next Door of a sinister adult scheme to ransack the Macaroni Museum of Art.
- Friday, Dec. 12: �OPERATION: P.O.O.L.� � When Numbuh Four�s pool becomes a portal to a negative universe, the fate of both worlds depends on Wally defeating the smartest evil genius ever.
Codename: Kids Next Door, created by Tom Warburton, airs daily on Cartoon Network and is seen by more than 14 million viewers each week. For the year to date, the show is Cartoon Network�s top-rated original series among both its primary demographic targets, kids 2-11 and kids 6-11.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.1 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment. Drawing from the world�s largest cartoon library, Cartoon Network showcases unique original ventures such as Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kids Next Door, Teen Titans, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter�s Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Ed, Edd n Eddy and other Cartoon Cartoons. Cartoon Network also features Adult Swim, a late-night block of animation for grown-ups. Since its launch in 1992, Cartoon Network has remained one of ad-supported cable�s highest-rated networks. Cartoon Network�s Web site is located at http://CartoonNetwork.com (AOL Keyword: Cartoon Network).
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.