One-Two Punch of Codename: Kids Next Door and Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends Leads Cartoon Network�s FRIDAYS to #1 Ranking with Kids 6-11
ADULT SWIM Programs Account for 10 of Top 50 Shows on Basic Cable Among Adults 18-34, More Than any Other Ad-Supported Basic Cable Network
Riding high with its newest pair of original series hits, Cartoon Network�s FRIDAYS (6:30 p.m.-12 a.m.) ranked #1 across the entire time period on basic cable for both ratings and delivery of kids 6-11, according to Nielsen Media Research. Codename: Kids Next Door (6:30 p.m., 10 p.m.) and Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (7 p.m., 10:30 p.m.) continued to propel the franchise, posting double-digit delivery and ratings gains across all key demos during each of their respective telecasts. Performance highlights of Cartoon Network�s weekly evening of all-original series vs. the same time periods the previous year include the following:
FRIDAYS (Friday, 6:30 p.m. � 12 a.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable in delivery, rating among kids 6-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (957,000) grew by 20% and ratings (3.9) by 18%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,385,000) improved by 18% and ratings (3.5) by 17%.
Codename: Kids Next Door (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Telecast ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable among kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (933,000) surged by 41% and ratings (3.8) by 36%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,375,000) advanced by 37% and ratings (3.5) by 40%.
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Telecast ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable among kids 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (907,000) increased by 17% and ratings (3.7) by 16%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,445,000) jumped by 40% and ratings (3.6) by 38%.
Among its young adult viewers, Cartoon Network�s phenomenal ADULT SWIM continued to dominate delivery and ratings in its time period among its target demos, growing by powerful double digits vs. its own considerable performance last year:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period for the week on basic cable among adults 18-34, adults 18-24 and men 18-24.
- Provided 10 of the top 50 ad-supported basic cable programs of the week among adults 18-34�more than any other ad-supported basic cable network.
- Adults 18-34 delivery (510,000) rose by 39% and ratings (0.8) by 33%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (249,000) expanded by 37% and ratings (0.9) by 29%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.3 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
RATING PERIOD: 11/8/04 � 11/14/04
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.