Seven Straight Weeks of Double-Digit Prime Time, Kids Total Day Growth with Kids 6-11, Kids 2-11 at Cartoon Network
Ed, Edd n Eddy�s Hanky-Panky Hullabaloo Leads FRIDAYS Block to Strong Double-Digit Growth, Sets New Cartoon Network Year-to-Date Ratings Record for Single Telecast among Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11
ADULT SWIM Maintains Phenomenal Growth, Ranking #1 in Time Period
among Adults 18-34, 18-24
Cartoon Network has scored seven straight weeks of double-digit growth in prime time and kids total day among its target kids 6-11 and kids 2-11 demos, according to Nielsen Media Research. Tweens 9-14 also continued growing by solid double digits, helping the network to claim its best February ratings/delivery week ever with most key audiences. Highlights of Cartoon Network�s record-setting performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Kids� Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 a.m., kids� programming)
- Best February week ever in delivery/ratings of kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (515,000) raced ahead by 34% and ratings (2.1) by 31%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (867,000) advanced by 28% and ratings (2.2) by 29%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (338,000) grew by 30% and ratings (1.4) by 27%.
Prime Time (Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (753,000) expanded by 21% and ratings (3.1) by 19%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,202,000) jumped by 22% and ratings (3.0) by 20%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (524,000) rose by 18% and ratings (2.1) by 17%.
Long-running series favorite Ed, Edd n Eddy provided Valentine-holiday cheer to the overall FRIDAYS block (7 p.m.-12 a.m.) by setting a new record for Cartoon Network�s highest-rated 2005-to-date telecast with kids 2-11 (7 p.m.) and kids 6-11 (9 p.m. replay). The love-themed special Ed, Edd n Eddy�s Hanky-Panky Hullabaloo earned double and triple-digit growth among key demos. Highlights of the ratings/delivery performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Ed, Edd n Eddy�s Hanky-Panky Hullabaloo (Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable for ratings/delivery of kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11, boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,321,000) catapulted by 80% and ratings (5.4) by 74%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (2,032,000) mushroomed by 105% and ratings (5.1) by 104%.
Ed, Edd n Eddy�s Hanky-Panky Hullabaloo (Friday, 9 p.m. replay)
- Also ranked #1 in its time period on all television with kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11, boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,428,000) and ratings (5.9) both expanded by 168%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,991,000) surged by 158% and ratings (5.0) by 150%.
FRIDAYS (Friday, 7 p.m.-12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,106,000) increased by 57% and ratings (4.6) by 59%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,682,000) improved by 73% and ratings (4.2) by 68%.
- Aided by the franchise premiere of American Dad (Sunday, 11:30 p.m.), ADULT SWIM (Saturday-Thursday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.) also continues to dominate the late-night waters with key young adult demos:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable in delivery of adults 18-34, adults 18-24, men 18-34, men 18-24
- Adults 18-34 delivery (556,000) surged by 49% and ratings (0.9) by 50%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (278,000) ballooned by 55% and ratings (1.0) by 43%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.3 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 2/07/05-2/13/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.