Adult Swim Makes Ad-Supported Cable History With Largest-Ever Summer Total Day Delivery of Adults 18-34, 18-24 and Men 18-34, 18-24
#1 Ranking Among Young Adults Also Includes August 2005, with 17 of Basic Cable�s Top 50 Telecasts of the Month
Scoring four new records for ad-supported cable�s history books, Adult Swim finished the summer 2005 season with the largest total programming day delivery yet recorded among adults 18-34, adults 18-24, men 18-34 and men 18-24, according to Nielsen Media Research. The achievement underscored Adult Swim�s #1 ranking with each young adult demo for both the entire summer season as well as for August 2005. Additionally, the late-night service ranked #4 among ad-supported cable networks for delivery of adults 18-49.
Highlights of Adult Swim�s overall summer and August 2005 performance include the following:
ADULT SWIM (Summer 2005, Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-6 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 421,000, with an average 0.6 rating.
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 242,000, with an average 0.9 rating.
- Men 18-34 delivery totaled 258,000, with an average 0.8 rating.
- Men 18-24 delivery totaled 154,000, with an average 1.1 rating.
- Adults 18-49 delivery totaled 556,000, with an average 0.4 rating.
ADULT SWIM (August 2005, Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-6 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 394,000, with an average 0.6 rating.
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 221,000, with an average 0.8 rating.
- Men 18-34 delivery totaled 244,000, with an average 0.7 rating.
- Men 18-24 delivery totaled 150,000, with an average 1.1 rating.
- Adults 18-49 delivery totaled 529,000, with an average 0.4 rating.
The late-night home for adult-targeted comedy and action-anim� animation also charted 17 of the top 50 telecasts of the month in August among adults 18-34�Futurama (#14, #16, #35, #42, #44, #46), Family Guy (#18, #23, #29, #32-33, #40-41, #47-48) and Aqua Teen Hunger Force (#28, #50).
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched on Cartoon Network in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s network dedicated to edgy animated comedy and action series, both original and acquired, airing Saturday-Thursday from 11 p.m-6 a.m. (ET, PT). Adult Swim shares channel space with Cartoon Network, home to the best in original, classic and acquired programming for children and families, and is seen in over 88 million U.S. homes.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 5/30/05-8/28/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.