Eight-Month Winning Streak Continues as Adult Swim Posts Largest November Total Day Delivery of Young Adult Demos in Ad-Supported Basic Cable History
Adult Swim Ranks #1 for Monthly Delivery of Adults 18-34, Adults 18-24 and Men 18-24
Late Night Service Also Ranks #7 for November Total Day Delivery of Adults 18-49
Charting eight straight months of young adult delivery records for the basic cable history books, Adult Swim now adds the largest November total day delivery ever of adults 18-34 and 18-24, and men 18-24 among all ad-supported basic cable, according to Nielsen Media Research. Aided by the high-profile Nov. 6 series premiere of Aaron McGruder�s The Boondocks (Sundays, 11 p.m.), the performance officially ranks Adult Swim #1 among all its basic cable network competition in November among targeted young adult demos. In addition to these achievements, the late-night service also earned the #7 ranking among all basic cable networks for November delivery of adults 18-49.
Highlights of Adult Swim�s and The Boondocks� November performance include the following:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday and Saturday, 11 p.m.-6 a.m.; Sunday, 10 p.m.-6 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 377,000�a new November record for ad-supported basic cable�and a 0.6 rating
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 223,000�a new November record for ad-supported basic cable�and a 0.8 rating
- Men 18-34 delivery totaled 241,000 and a 0.7 rating
- Men 18-24 delivery totaled 149,000�a new November record for ad-supported basic cable�and a 1.1 rating
- Adults 18-49 delivery totaled 485,000, with a 0.4 rating
The Boondocks (Sundays, 11 p.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery averaged 906,000 viewers and a 1.4 rating
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 561,000 viewers and a 2.0 rating
- Men 18-34 delivery totaled 588,000 viewers and a 1.8 rating
- Men 18-24 delivery totaled 376,000 viewers and a 2.7 rating
- Women 18-34 delivery totaled 318,000 viewers and a 1.0 rating
On an individual programming basis, Adult Swim scored nine of the top 50 programs with adults 18-34 for November among ad-supported basic cable�all presentations of Family Guy (11:30 p.m.) and The Boondocks (11 p.m.). Additionally, the service scored 16 of the Top 50 programs for the month with men 18-34, which included presentations of Family Guy, The Boondocks and Robot Chicken.
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched on Cartoon Network in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s network dedicated to edgy animated comedy and action series, both original and acquired, airing Saturday-Thursday from 11 p.m-6 a.m. (ET, PT). Adult Swim shares channel space with Cartoon Network, home to the best in original, classic and acquired programming for children and families, and is seen in 88.5 million U.S. homes.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 10/31/05-11/27/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 110,200,000 homes.