[02/21/06 - 12:00 AM]
Emmy-Winning Actor Susan Saint James Makes Her Return to the Small Screen on "Law & Order: Svu" Tuesday, February 28th at 10 PM ET/PT

EMMY-WINNING ACTOR SUSAN SAINT JAMES MAKES HER RETURN TO THE SMALL SCREEN ON "LAW & ORDER: SVU" TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH AT 10 PM ET/PT

"I have always been a huge fan of 'Law & Order,' especially 'SVU,' and I've always wanted a part on the show." -Susan Saint James

"I am thrilled to have been able to cast Susan Saint James on SVU, and I always think fondly of her since I won money on her name in 1985 as a contestant on 'Wheel of Fortune.'" - Executive Producer Neal Baer

NEW YORK -- February 21, 2006 -- Veteran Emmy-winning actor Susan Saint James ("Kate & Allie") returns to television in her first dramatic role in nearly a decade on NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" (Tues., Feb. 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT). In "Gone," Saint James guest stars as defense attorney Monica Bradshaw alongside "Spin City" alumni Barry Bostwick and Michael Boatman, representing a trio of teens suspected of murder in a high-profile case involving a missing Canadian girl who vanishes while on a high school trip to New York.

Saint James' role on "SVU" will mark her first appearance on a filmed drama since she starred as Sally McMillan in "McMillan and Wife" (1971-76). The role earned her numerous Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.

Following are comments made by Saint James:

On Her Return:

"The timing felt right. I have always been a huge fan of the original 'Law & Order,' dating back to the first cast, and especially 'SVU.' I've always wanted a part on the show. This is a great way to come back to work... Did I mention I am having a great time?"

On Why She Likes "SVU":

"I think the characters are so well drawn, the storylines are so well conceived and the chemistry between characters is so good. I've seen almost every episode multiple times."

On The Role She Really Wanted:

"I had always wanted to be a judge on the show. I've always had this wonderful vision of saying 'In my chambers!'"

On Her Favorite Medium:

"I love working on filmed dramas. 'Kate and Allie' was shot on tape and I did a brief stint on 'The Drew Carey Show,' which was also shot on tape, but I haven't worked on film in many years."

Saint James will now add "Law & Order" to her resume, along with her daughter Sunshine, who interned on the original series while a student at Princeton University.

Executive Producer Neal Baer is thrilled that Susan Saint James has four "S's" in it.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is a Wolf Films production in association with NBC Universal Television Studio. Dick Wolf is creator and executive producer; Neal Baer and Ted Kotcheff are executive producers.

[february 2006]

· LAW & ORDER (NBC)
· LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT (NBC)
· SPIN CITY (ABC)

[01/28/15 - 08:32 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: Special "CSI" Helps Push CBS on Top
The Eye leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[01/27/15 - 03:49 PM]
HBO Renews "Togetherness" for Second Season
The half-hour comedy is set to begin production on its second season this year in Los Angeles for debut in 2016.

[01/27/15 - 01:01 PM]
"The Biggest Loser" Winner Is Revealed Along with Dramatic Weight Loss Transformations from Season 16 Contestants in Live Finale January 29
All 20 former athletes will show off their incredible weight loss transformations.

[01/27/15 - 12:55 PM]
American Heroes Channel Has Best January Ever in Prime Delivery
American Heroes Channel spins the numbers for the month of January to date.

[01/27/15 - 12:45 PM]
Video: "Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp" - Cast Confirmation - Netflix
The eight-episode limited series tells the story of the first day of Camp Firewood's famous summer season, now fourteen years after the film's debut.

[01/27/15 - 12:38 PM]
Disney Channel's Total Day Tops Nickelodeon by Largest Margin Ever Among Tweens and Gains Biggest Advantage in Nearly 1 1/2 Years Among Kids 6-11
Disney Channel spins the numbers for the month of January to date.

[01/27/15 - 12:32 PM]
Turner Broadcasting's TBS and Adult Swim Score Demo Victories in Live + 7 Delivery for the Second Week of January
Turner spins the numbers for the month of January to date.

[01/27/15 - 12:24 PM]
Viewers Continue to Book Saturday Nights with Hallmark Channel
The Hallmark Channel spins the numbers for Saturday, January 24.

[01/27/15 - 12:07 PM]
HGTV Delivers Best Month Ever, Best Week Ever, In January 2015
HGTV spins the numbers for the month of January to date.

[01/27/15 - 12:06 PM]
"The Originals" and "Jane the Virgin" Combine to Give The CW Its Most Watched Monday in More Than Three Years
The CW spins the numbers for Monday, January 26.

[01/27/15 - 11:58 AM]
NCAA Division I Softball: ESPN Networks to Carry 400 Games
ESPN will also have extensive coverage of the 2015 NCAA Division I Softball Championship, including every game televised from the Super Regionals and Women's College World Series.

[01/27/15 - 10:19 AM]
Oscar(R) Nominees Common and John Legend to Perform Together at the Oscars(R)
"Glory," written by John Stephens (a.k.a. John Legend) and Lonnie Lynn (a.k.a. Common) for the film "Selma," is nominated for Original Song.

[01/27/15 - 10:06 AM]
Superstar Actress Katie Holmes Fixing to Join Season Three of "Ray Donovan"
Holmes will play shrewd and chic businesswoman Paige, the daughter of billionaire producer Andrew Finney (Ian McShane), who enlists Ray's services.

[01/27/15 - 09:47 AM]
"Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials" Delivers Largest Audience and Best Ratings in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 Since 2010
CBS spins the numbers for Monday, January 26.

[01/27/15 - 09:30 AM]
Hollywood Foreign Press Association and Producer Dick Clark Productions Will Bring The 73rd Annual Golden Globe(R) Awards Live Coast-to-Coast on NBC on Sunday, January 10, 2016
The Golden Globe Awards are viewed in more than 160 countries worldwide and are one of the few awards ceremonies to include both motion picture and television achievements.