[02/21/06 - 12:00 AM]
Emmy-Winning Actor Susan Saint James Makes Her Return to the Small Screen on "Law & Order: Svu" Tuesday, February 28th at 10 PM ET/PT

"I have always been a huge fan of 'Law & Order,' especially 'SVU,' and I've always wanted a part on the show." -Susan Saint James

"I am thrilled to have been able to cast Susan Saint James on SVU, and I always think fondly of her since I won money on her name in 1985 as a contestant on 'Wheel of Fortune.'" - Executive Producer Neal Baer

NEW YORK -- February 21, 2006 -- Veteran Emmy-winning actor Susan Saint James ("Kate & Allie") returns to television in her first dramatic role in nearly a decade on NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" (Tues., Feb. 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT). In "Gone," Saint James guest stars as defense attorney Monica Bradshaw alongside "Spin City" alumni Barry Bostwick and Michael Boatman, representing a trio of teens suspected of murder in a high-profile case involving a missing Canadian girl who vanishes while on a high school trip to New York.

Saint James' role on "SVU" will mark her first appearance on a filmed drama since she starred as Sally McMillan in "McMillan and Wife" (1971-76). The role earned her numerous Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.

Following are comments made by Saint James:

On Her Return:

"The timing felt right. I have always been a huge fan of the original 'Law & Order,' dating back to the first cast, and especially 'SVU.' I've always wanted a part on the show. This is a great way to come back to work... Did I mention I am having a great time?"

On Why She Likes "SVU":

"I think the characters are so well drawn, the storylines are so well conceived and the chemistry between characters is so good. I've seen almost every episode multiple times."

On The Role She Really Wanted:

"I had always wanted to be a judge on the show. I've always had this wonderful vision of saying 'In my chambers!'"

On Her Favorite Medium:

"I love working on filmed dramas. 'Kate and Allie' was shot on tape and I did a brief stint on 'The Drew Carey Show,' which was also shot on tape, but I haven't worked on film in many years."

Saint James will now add "Law & Order" to her resume, along with her daughter Sunshine, who interned on the original series while a student at Princeton University.

Executive Producer Neal Baer is thrilled that Susan Saint James has four "S's" in it.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is a Wolf Films production in association with NBC Universal Television Studio. Dick Wolf is creator and executive producer; Neal Baer and Ted Kotcheff are executive producers.

[february 2006]

[11/27/15 - 12:19 PM]
Nearly 28 Million Watch Bears-Packers on Thanksgiving Night - Second-Most Watched NBC Primetime Game Ever
NBC further spins the numbers for Thursday, November 26.

[11/27/15 - 11:00 AM]
Video: Don't Miss an Exclusive Sneak of the Upcoming Film "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" During the Fall Finale of "Gotham"
The aforementioned fall finale airs this Monday, November 30 at 8:00/7:00c.

[11/27/15 - 08:22 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NFL Sparks Big Numbers for NBC
The Peacock's Packers-Bears showdown easily eclipses the competition last night.

[11/27/15 - 08:21 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Empire" Continues Demo Reign for FOX
Said victory comes despite a series low from the network's juggernaut.

[11/27/15 - 07:44 AM]
Bears-Packers Jumps 17% vs. The Year-Ago Game in the Metered Markets, Making It the Best-Ever NFL Primetime Thanksgiving Game (Since 2006)
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 25 and Thursday, November 26.

[11/27/15 - 07:14 AM]
"Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" Ranks as the #1 Entertainment Telecast of the Season on the Broadcast Nets in Metered Market Households
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, November 26.

[11/25/15 - 01:22 PM]
Video: Watch the All-New Extended Trailer for New FOX Action Drama "Second Chance," Starring Rob Kazinsky
The network's new drama launches Wednesday, January 13 at 9:00/8:00c.

[11/25/15 - 11:01 AM]
Disney Channel Orders a Third Season of "Girl Meets World"
Production resumes in Los Angeles in January with season three scheduled to premiere in spring 2016.

[11/25/15 - 11:00 AM]
HBO Confirms Debut Date for Animated Adult Comedy Series "Animals"
The 10-episode series will launch on Friday, February 5 at 11:30/10:30c.

[11/25/15 - 10:35 AM]
American Hero and Fan Favorite Alek Skarlatos to Join "Dancing With The Stars: Live! -- Dance All Night Tour"
Skarlatos made headlines around the world in August 2015 when he and his friends heroically overpowered a man that opened fire on a train from Amsterdam to Paris.

[11/25/15 - 10:04 AM]
Gwen Stefani and Sia to Perform on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 Telecasts of NBC's Emmy Award-Winning Series "The Voice"
Sia will perform the single "Alive" from her upcoming album "This Is Acting" while Stefani will sing her current single "Used to Love You."

[11/25/15 - 09:01 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Pulls in Front with "Dancing with the Stars" Finale
The Alphabet leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[11/25/15 - 08:42 AM]
New Debut Date for "Very Semi-Serious: A Partially Thorough Portrait of New Yorker Cartoonists"
The exclusive HBO presentation is now slated to debut Monday, December 14.

[11/25/15 - 08:36 AM]
Week Two of "Chicago Med" Is Up 50% vs. Last Season's Slot Average
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 24.

[11/25/15 - 08:33 AM]
ABC Wins the Final Tuesday of November with a Season-High Performance
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 24.