[02/21/06 - 12:00 AM]
Emmy-Winning Actor Susan Saint James Makes Her Return to the Small Screen on "Law & Order: Svu" Tuesday, February 28th at 10 PM ET/PT

EMMY-WINNING ACTOR SUSAN SAINT JAMES MAKES HER RETURN TO THE SMALL SCREEN ON "LAW & ORDER: SVU" TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH AT 10 PM ET/PT

"I have always been a huge fan of 'Law & Order,' especially 'SVU,' and I've always wanted a part on the show." -Susan Saint James

"I am thrilled to have been able to cast Susan Saint James on SVU, and I always think fondly of her since I won money on her name in 1985 as a contestant on 'Wheel of Fortune.'" - Executive Producer Neal Baer

NEW YORK -- February 21, 2006 -- Veteran Emmy-winning actor Susan Saint James ("Kate & Allie") returns to television in her first dramatic role in nearly a decade on NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" (Tues., Feb. 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT). In "Gone," Saint James guest stars as defense attorney Monica Bradshaw alongside "Spin City" alumni Barry Bostwick and Michael Boatman, representing a trio of teens suspected of murder in a high-profile case involving a missing Canadian girl who vanishes while on a high school trip to New York.

Saint James' role on "SVU" will mark her first appearance on a filmed drama since she starred as Sally McMillan in "McMillan and Wife" (1971-76). The role earned her numerous Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.

Following are comments made by Saint James:

On Her Return:

"The timing felt right. I have always been a huge fan of the original 'Law & Order,' dating back to the first cast, and especially 'SVU.' I've always wanted a part on the show. This is a great way to come back to work... Did I mention I am having a great time?"

On Why She Likes "SVU":

"I think the characters are so well drawn, the storylines are so well conceived and the chemistry between characters is so good. I've seen almost every episode multiple times."

On The Role She Really Wanted:

"I had always wanted to be a judge on the show. I've always had this wonderful vision of saying 'In my chambers!'"

On Her Favorite Medium:

"I love working on filmed dramas. 'Kate and Allie' was shot on tape and I did a brief stint on 'The Drew Carey Show,' which was also shot on tape, but I haven't worked on film in many years."

Saint James will now add "Law & Order" to her resume, along with her daughter Sunshine, who interned on the original series while a student at Princeton University.

Executive Producer Neal Baer is thrilled that Susan Saint James has four "S's" in it.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is a Wolf Films production in association with NBC Universal Television Studio. Dick Wolf is creator and executive producer; Neal Baer and Ted Kotcheff are executive producers.

[february 2006]

· LAW & ORDER (NBC)
· LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT (NBC)
· SPIN CITY (ABC)

[05/24/17 - 10:32 AM]
Discovery Channel Announces Summer Slate of Original Programming
Discovery Channel's summer schedule is jam-packed with a wide variety of both fan favorites and all-new programming.

[05/24/17 - 10:11 AM]
"Hood Adjacent with James Davis" Debuts on Wednesday, June 28 at 9:00 P.M. ET/PT on Comedy Central
Born and raised in South Central Los Angeles, one block away from where "shit goes down," James Davis shares his perspective on the world he grew up in and the world he grew up next to.

[05/24/17 - 09:58 AM]
A&E to Premiere "Biggie: The Life of Notorious B.I.G." (June 28) and "Who Killed Tupac?" (June 29) Under the Recently Relaunched "Biography" Banner
The first two hours of "Biggie: The Life of Notorious B.I.G." will kick-off on Wednesday, June 28 with the final hour airing Thursday, June 29.

[05/24/17 - 09:46 AM]
Video: "Game of Thrones" Season 7 - Official Trailer (HBO)
The new season rolls out Sunday, July 16 on the pay channel.

[05/24/17 - 09:01 AM]
"2017 CMT Music Awards" to Feature Superstar Pairings
In a performance sure to span multiple decades, Lady Antebellum will jam out with Earth, Wind & Fire, while country royalty, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood will perform live together for the first time on any CMT stage.

[05/24/17 - 08:40 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: "The Voice" Goes Out on Top for NBC
The Peacock wins the night among adults 18-49 while the "Dancing with the Stars"-powered ABC is the most-watched broadcaster.

[05/24/17 - 08:06 AM]
Sunday Night Live: Leslie Jones to Host 2017 "BET Awards"
The 2017 "BET Awards" will air live on Sunday, June 25 at 8 pm ET from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA on BET.

[05/24/17 - 07:57 AM]
American Heroes Channel Pays Tribute to Our Armed Forces with Third Annual "Salute to Sacrifice" Programming Event
In its third year, "Salute to Sacrifice" is a multiplatform campaign dedicated to celebrating the heroes who selflessly defend our freedom, while creating a national dialogue for issues our veterans and troops face each day.

[05/24/17 - 07:53 AM]
NFL Pro Bowl Returns to Orlando - Will Air on ESPN and ABC
The annual matchup of AFC vs. NFC stars will begin at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 28, 2018 at Camping World Stadium.

[05/23/17 - 04:39 PM]
A Storm is Brewing as TNT's Hit Series "The Last Ship" Returns with a Thrilling Two-Hour Premiere on Aug. 20
Through its first three seasons, the show has ranked one of basic cable's Top 10 summer dramas with adults 18-49.

[05/23/17 - 01:17 PM]
Catch the Premiere of "Big & Little," Tomorrow Night on TLC After "My 600-lb Life: Where Are They Now"
The two-part special follows two morbidly obese little people as they embark on a weight loss journey led by fitness guru and fellow little person, Allison Warrell.

[05/23/17 - 12:38 PM]
Comedy Central Announces Series Extension for "The President Show"
"I'm so grateful that Comedy Central has decided to end its tenure as a cable network by renewing 'The President Show,'" said Anthony Atamanuik.

[05/23/17 - 12:33 PM]
Starz App Now Available on Samsung Smart TVs
The app is also available on Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, iPhones and iPads running iOS 8.0 or higher, Roku(R), Sony Android TV, as well as most Android phones, tablets and TV devices.

[05/23/17 - 12:14 PM]
"T.J. Miller: Meticulously Ridiculous," Featuring the "Silicon Valley" Star in His First HBO Special, Debuts June 17
The show offers his offbeat take on topics such as nightmares, the differences between marijuana and alcohol, his favorite historical figure and the challenges of talking about death.

[05/23/17 - 11:52 AM]
Nation's Leading True Crime Network Investigation Discovery Explores the Fall of 'America's Dad' in "Bill Cosby: An American Scandal"
This one-hour special takes viewers deep inside the secret life of Cosby and his family, shining a light on the drama and dysfunction behind this seemingly perfect household.