[02/21/06 - 12:00 AM]
Emmy-Winning Actor Susan Saint James Makes Her Return to the Small Screen on "Law & Order: Svu" Tuesday, February 28th at 10 PM ET/PT

EMMY-WINNING ACTOR SUSAN SAINT JAMES MAKES HER RETURN TO THE SMALL SCREEN ON "LAW & ORDER: SVU" TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH AT 10 PM ET/PT

"I have always been a huge fan of 'Law & Order,' especially 'SVU,' and I've always wanted a part on the show." -Susan Saint James

"I am thrilled to have been able to cast Susan Saint James on SVU, and I always think fondly of her since I won money on her name in 1985 as a contestant on 'Wheel of Fortune.'" - Executive Producer Neal Baer

NEW YORK -- February 21, 2006 -- Veteran Emmy-winning actor Susan Saint James ("Kate & Allie") returns to television in her first dramatic role in nearly a decade on NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" (Tues., Feb. 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT). In "Gone," Saint James guest stars as defense attorney Monica Bradshaw alongside "Spin City" alumni Barry Bostwick and Michael Boatman, representing a trio of teens suspected of murder in a high-profile case involving a missing Canadian girl who vanishes while on a high school trip to New York.

Saint James' role on "SVU" will mark her first appearance on a filmed drama since she starred as Sally McMillan in "McMillan and Wife" (1971-76). The role earned her numerous Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.

Following are comments made by Saint James:

On Her Return:

"The timing felt right. I have always been a huge fan of the original 'Law & Order,' dating back to the first cast, and especially 'SVU.' I've always wanted a part on the show. This is a great way to come back to work... Did I mention I am having a great time?"

On Why She Likes "SVU":

"I think the characters are so well drawn, the storylines are so well conceived and the chemistry between characters is so good. I've seen almost every episode multiple times."

On The Role She Really Wanted:

"I had always wanted to be a judge on the show. I've always had this wonderful vision of saying 'In my chambers!'"

On Her Favorite Medium:

"I love working on filmed dramas. 'Kate and Allie' was shot on tape and I did a brief stint on 'The Drew Carey Show,' which was also shot on tape, but I haven't worked on film in many years."

Saint James will now add "Law & Order" to her resume, along with her daughter Sunshine, who interned on the original series while a student at Princeton University.

Executive Producer Neal Baer is thrilled that Susan Saint James has four "S's" in it.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is a Wolf Films production in association with NBC Universal Television Studio. Dick Wolf is creator and executive producer; Neal Baer and Ted Kotcheff are executive producers.

[february 2006]

· LAW & ORDER (NBC)
· LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT (NBC)
· SPIN CITY (ABC)

[12/15/19 - 08:44 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: Holiday Classics Put CBS in Front
The Eye's latest telecast of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" tops the evening in total viewers and adults 18-49.

[12/14/19 - 08:45 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX, "WWE SmackDown" Top Demo Race
The network rides the WWE franchise to another adults 18-49 victory.

[12/13/19 - 11:44 AM]
A Call of the Wildcats, "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The Special" Debuts on ABC Owned TV Stations Beginning Saturday, Dec. 14, and Friday, Dec. 20, on Disney+
The special takes viewers to the "High School Musical" set during filming in 2005, including archived video from the "Zac Cam" behind the scenes as filmed by Zac Efron with Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Monique Coleman, Alyson Reed and Olesya Rulin.

[12/13/19 - 10:06 AM]
Jennifer Hudson Returns to "Voice" Stage Along with Black Eyed Peas, Luke Combs, Lady Antebellum, Dua Lipa and Season 16 Winner Maelyn to Perform on Live "Voice" Finale Airing Tuesday, Dec. 17
The season finale will also feature special musical collaborations with the Top 4 finalists, which will be announced soon.

[12/13/19 - 10:03 AM]
Hulu's "Little Fires Everywhere" Premieres March 18th
Based on Celeste Ng's 2017 bestseller, "Little Fires Everywhere" follows the intertwined fates of the picture-perfect Richardson family and an enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives.

[12/13/19 - 09:22 AM]
"Delicious Miss Brown" Returns with Brand-New Menu of Southern Dishes, Family Traditions and Sea Island Culture
The series returns to Food Network on Sunday, January 5.

[12/13/19 - 09:00 AM]
TBS' "Full Frontal with Samantha Bee" Visits Hong Kong
"There was a huge march the day we left of hundreds of thousands of people - I'm sure it was in celebration of us being there and not people being excited we were leaving," said Bee.

[12/13/19 - 08:22 AM]
MTV Studios and Quibi Tap Keke Palmer to Host "Singled Out"
"I am thrilled to be hosting 'Singled Out'" said Keke Palmer. "To be able to reimagine this show for my generation and on a new platform is so exciting. Can't wait for you guys to see what we have in store!"

[12/13/19 - 08:15 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "Thursday Night Football" Holds Onto Top Spot for FOX
The network leads the evening in total viewers and adults 18-49.

[12/13/19 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Dracula" - Teaser - Netflix
Claes Bang stars as Dracula in this brand-new series inspired by Bram Stoker's classic novel.

[12/12/19 - 11:15 PM]
Video: "The Gift" - Trailer - Netflix
A painter in Istanbul embarks on a personal journey as she unearths universal secrets about an Anatolian archaeological site and its link to her past.

[12/12/19 - 03:15 PM]
Amazon Studios Orders Fourth Season of the Award-Winning Comedy "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
"We were thrilled to hear that for the fourth time, we do not have to pack up and vacate the premises," said Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino.

[12/12/19 - 02:11 PM]
"Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts" Explores a Colorful Post-Apocalypse with a Cast Including Karen Fukuhara, Sterling K. Brown, John Hodgman, GZA, and More!
The animated series premieres Tuesday, January 14 on Netflix.

[12/12/19 - 01:50 PM]
Lifetime's New Documentary Film Series "Hopelessly in Love" Explores Iconic and Tragic Celebrity Unions in Pop Culture History as a Three-Week Event This January
Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes and Andre Rison; Faith Evans and Notorious B.I.G.; and Anna Nicole Smith and Larry Birkhead are the featured topics.

[12/12/19 - 01:01 PM]
IFC's "Brockmire" Swings for the Fences in Its Fourth and Final Season Premiering in March 2020
Returning for the series' final season are Amanda Peet, Tyrel Jackson Williams and Katie Finneran.