Cartoon Network�s Newest Original Series My Gym Partner�s a Monkey Builds to Strong Double-Digit Kids 6-11, 2-11 Gains on Feb. 24 Premiere
Cartoon Network launched its newest half-hour original animated series, My Gym Partner�s a Monkey (Friday, Feb. 24) with a two-episode premiere at 9 and 9:30 p.m. (ET) that built solid double-digit delivery and ratings gains with kids 6-11 and kids 2-11, according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. The new comedy program from Cartoon Network Studios details the everyday adventures of a 12-year-old boy who is accidentally transferred to an all-animal middle school, where animal inhabitants of the local zoo and aquarium send their young offspring, making him the only human student.
Proving that going to school literally becomes a trip to the zoo, My Gym Partner�s a Monkey continues the network�s track record of successful new series launched with strong delivery and ratings gains among target demos compared to Cartoon Network�s year-to-date average. In fact, the 9:30 p.m. telecast ranked as the #1 telecast on all television�broadcast and cable�with both boys 6-11 and boys 2-11 in the time period. Additional highlights include the following:
My Gym Partner�s a Monkey (Friday, 9 p.m.) vs. YTD Average
- Kids 6-11 delivery (754,000) increased by 5% and ratings (3.1) by 3%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,193,000) roared ahead by 14% and ratings (3.0) by 15%
- Boys 6-11 delivery (558,000) jumped by 9% and ratings (4.5) by 10%
- Boys 2-11 delivery (848,000) bounded by 18% and ratings (4.1) by 17%
My Gym Partner�s a Monkey (Friday, 9:30 p.m.) vs. YTD Average
- Kids 6-11 delivery (936,000) and ratings (3.9) both improved by 22%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,281,000) expanded by 22% and ratings (3.2) by 23%
- Boys 6-11 delivery (677,000) surged by 24% and ratings (5.5) by 25%
- Boys 2-11 delivery (863,000) leapt by 21% and ratings (4.2) by 20%
- Telecast ranked as television�s #1 program in the time period for both boys 6-11 and boys 2-11
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 88 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 2/20/06-2/26/06
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Preliminary Nielsen Media Research data, based on most current data available (Live+SD). Complete and final data (Live+7) will be available in two weeks. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 110,200,000 homes.