USA NETWORK'S "NASHVILLE STAR" LAUNCHES EXPANDED WEBSITE FOR SEASON FOUR PREMIERE ON TUESDAY, MARCH 14
New Features to Include On-Demand Digital Downloads of Contestant and Select Guest Star Performances
NEW YORK -- March 14, 2006 -- When the fourth season of USA Network's top-rated country music series NASHVILLE STAR debuts at 10 PM on Tuesday, March 14th, the new crop of contestants won't be the only new feature for fans to enjoy. As part of an expansive digital redesign of the hit show's website, USA Network's marketing team has partnered with Crowfly Digital Entertainment and Reveille to be one of the first reality talent competition series to offer on-demand music downloads of contestant and select guest star performances following each telecast. The digital downloads will be available exclusively through the NASHVILLE STAR website (nashvillestar.usanetwork.com).
Other new site features include: streaming video of weekly contestant performances; an interactive music video maker that will enable fans to create their own music videos; an exclusive behind-the-scenes web series hosted by Nashville-based comedian Wix Wichmann; video contestant blogs and host blogs with the new season's co-hosts, Wynonna and Cowboy Troy; an archive of broadband video content including bloopers and audition footage and a weekly podcast created by the Muzik Mafia's Two-Foot Fred.
"NASHVILLE STAR is all about the fans, both in the theater for the live events and those at home watching on television each week -- their participation is key to the success of the show," said Alexandra Shapiro, USA Network's vice president, marketing and brand strategy. "We really wanted the website to be an extension of the show, providing the fans with an entirely new level of interactive participation. The technology from Crowfly is a phenomenal addition to the site and is advancing the way music shows can live beyond the one hour telecast."
Crowfly founder and CEO, Eric Geadelmann added, "As a Music City-based company that was created to enable artists to better utilize technology to forge deeper relationships with their fans, we are especially enthusiastic about working with the premiere country music television series to help launch the careers of these very talented emerging artists."
Crowfly's digital media management and delivery system is an innovative new technology and service offering that is being used by top performers as a way of offering their fans the opportunity to download high quality recordings of live performances from concert tours. Beginning the night of the series premiere (10PM ET/9PM CT) and continuing throughout the season, viewers can go directly to the NASHVILLE STAR website and enter a branded downloading and buying experience. The site will feature live recordings of contestants and select guest star performances throughout the season -- both covers of hit songs and original music -- which fans will be able to download for $.99 charge per song.
Other features of the site include:
* BEHIND-THE-SCENES WEB SERIES - Hosted by Nashville-based comedian Wix Wichmann, the exclusive series will give fans an up close behind-the-scenes look at the contestants and their lives as they proceed through the competition. It will also feature interviews with Wynonna and Cowboy Troy as well as some great moments with the show's guest judges and audience members.
* CREATE YOUR OWN MUSIC VIDEO - Interactive animated music video allows users to upload their own images to be inserted onto the faces of country music singers. Users will be given a choice of two songs for their 'singer' to perform and will be able to e-mail the created videos to friends.
* HOST BLOGS - Weekly blogs written by co-hosts Wynonna and Troy relating their experiences as artists to what's happening with the contestants each week. Additionally, Wynonna and Troy will alternate each week in giving performance tips to the contestants.
* CONTESTANT BLOGS - Weekly video blogs from each contestant still in the competition, as well as exit interviews with departing contestants and behind-the-scenes rehearsal footage.
* TOUGHEST CUTS - Video of the 10 best performers who didn't make the final cut for the show and the best of the best audition bloopers.
* NASHVILLE STAR PODCAST - Muzik Mafia member Two-Foot Fred, will provide the series' official weekly podcast entitled, "Small Talk With Two-Foot Fred."
For photos of NASHVILLE STAR, please log on to the NBC Universal Media Village at .
Reveille develops produces and distributes new and non-traditional programming formats for television and motion pictures across a variety of genres, including comedy, drama, game, and reality for American and international markets. In addition to selling television formats for independent producers such as NBC Universal Television Studios (USA Network, Sci Fi Channel), BBC Worldwide, Renegade and Princess Productions, Reveille sells its own produced program formats such as "The Restaurant" (NBC), "Blow Out" (Bravo) and "30 Days" (FX). Reveille also distributed the internationally renowned, award-winning "911" documentary and is a world leader in creating integrated marketing opportunities for leading advertisers, developing alternative financing paradigms and selling and distributing television formats in markets worldwide. Reveille has produced projects such as, "Coupling," "The Restaurant", "The Biggest Loser" and "The Office " for NBC. Cable projects include "Blow Out" for Bravo, "The Club" on Spike, USA Network's "Nashville Star," the Morgan Spurlock project "30 Days" for FX Networks and MTV's "Date My Mom."
Crowfly Digital Entertainment (www.crowflymusic.com) is an interactive services and digital media company that provides comprehensive digital production services, web-based applications and interactive solutions to the music industry. A subsidiary of Nashville-based media and entertainment holding company, 821 Entertainment Group, Crowfly was launched mid-2005 by select recording artists, producers, technologists and music executives.
USA NETWORK is cable television's leading provider of original series and feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows, and blockbuster theatrical films. USA Network is seen in over 89 million U.S. homes. The USA Network Web site is located at www.usanetwork.com. USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.