CMT INTRODUCES NEW ARTIST BRENT KEITH AS THE FOCUS OF ITS PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN IN SUPPORT OF THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THE CMT FILM "DALE"
DALE Soundtrack Now Available Exclusively at Wal-Mart and Walmart.com
NASHVILLE � August 28, 2007 � As part of CMT's aggressive promotional initiative to support the soundtrack from the original CMT Film, DALE, the network is focusing on multi-platform support of the title track, "Looking for a Road (Theme From Dale), performed by newcomer Brent Keith. The soundtrack, which also includes Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son," Bruce Springsteen's "Blood Brothers," Motley Cr�e's "Wild Side," and Brooks & Dunns' "Hard Workin' Man," is available beginning today, exclusively at Wal-Mart and walmart.com.
"CMT is excited to add Brent Keith to such a strong soundtrack," says Brian Philips, executive vice president and general manager, CMT. "We believe in Brent and the song and are putting the power of all of CMT's platforms behind the song and the video to expose them to CMT and NASCAR fans."
The comprehensive promotional campaign involving Keith includes:
- Keith's video of the theme song from the DALE soundtrack, produced by CMT and directed by Shaun Silva, made its debut in early August on CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN.
- The video is in heavy rotation on CMT and CMT Pure Country, the network's all-music digital channel.
- Keith will also make an in-studio appearance on CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN on Thursday, Aug. 30.
- CMT LOADED will feature a half-hour special on the network's premier acoustic music franchise, UNPLUGGED AT STUDIO 330, featuring Brent Keith, beginning Tuesday, Sept. 4 on CMT.com.
- The "Making of the Video" for "Looking for a Road (Theme From Dale) also is currently available on CMT LOADED and VOD.
- The single "Looking For a Road (Theme From DALE)" was serviced to some 650 country radio stations nationwide and is consistently gaining traction.
- CMT Radio syndicate will offer the hour-long special, "Looking For a Road: The DALE Soundtrack," hosted by CMT's Lance Smith and featuring the music, as well as exclusive interviews and sound bites with Brent Keith and other artists featured on the soundtrack, to over 150 CMT Radio affiliates across the country.
- CMT Radio featured Keith for a satellite radio tour with CMT Radio affiliate stations.
- Keith visiting local market radio stations for six-week CMT-sponsored radio tour showcasing the single
- The DALE soundtrack is available exclusively through Wal-Mart and Walmart.com beginning August 28. Wal-Mart will promote the film and the soundtrack via in-store displays and video on its Premiere Retail Network.
Produced by NASCAR Images and CMT Films, DALE is the only authorized film on racing legend Dale Earnhardt. DALE will premiere for three consecutive nights - Sept. 4, 5 and 6 - at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT on CMT, marking the only scheduled times the movie will air on television until its later release on DVD.
Narrated by Paul Newman, DALE is executive produced by NASCAR Images' Jay Abraham and Jim Jorden, directed by Rory Karpf and Mike Viney and written by Ryan McGee. For CMT Films, Jeff Yapp, Paul Villadolid and Lewis Bogach serve as executive producers.
Formed in 2005, CMT Films is a division of MTV Networks that uses innovative distribution methods including theatrical and television network premieres to distribute its films before premiering them on CMT and releasing for DVD sales. The first CMT Film, Toby Keith's Broken Bridges, debuted in National CineMedia theaters in September 2006, on CMT in December 2006 and on DVD January 2007. Broken Bridges went on to ship more than one million units on DVD.
CMT, a unit of Viacom's MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and Heartland entertainment, reaching more than 84 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network's digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT's broadband channel, CMT Loaded.
MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom, is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks, with 137 channels worldwide, owns and operates the following television programming services - MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN/THE N, VH1 CLASSIC, LOGO, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 13 digital services, all of these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with its audiences through its robust consumer products businesses and its more than 200 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless and interactive television services and also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.