 |
 |
[04/29/10 - 01:51 PM] Conan O'Brien Says He Would Not Have Done What Jay Leno Did to Him - "60 Minutes" CBS further details Sunday's episode, including quotes from O'Brien. |
|
| [via press release from CBS] |
|
CONAN O'BRIEN SAYS HE WOULD NOT HAVE DONE WHAT JAY LENO DID TO HIM - "60 MINUTES"
In His First Post-Tonight Show Interview, He Tells Steve Kroft
He wasn't Even Sure NBC Really Wanted Him to Stay
Conan O'Brien says he would have left NBC rather than do what Jay Leno did to him, in his first interview since being forced off the Tonight Show. O'Brien's interview with Steve Kroft will be broadcast on 60 MINUTES, Sunday, May 2 (7:00-8:00PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
"He went and took that show back and I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed, I know -- I know me, I wouldn't have done that," O'Brien says. "If I had surrendered The Tonight Show and handed it over to somebody publicly and wished them well-- and then... six months later. But that's me, you know. Everyone's got their own, you know, way of doing things," he tells Kroft.
Asked by Kroft what he would have done, O'Brien says, "Done something else, go someplace else. I mean, that's just me."
O'Brien eventually left NBC, deciding not to play second-fiddle to Leno. He says he didn't see the point in giving his all in a relationship that seemed to have no future. "I think this relationship is going be toxic and maybe we just need to go our separate ways," he says. "That's really how it felt to me... and I started to feel that I'm not sure these people even really want me here... .I can't do it [anymore].
|
|
|
 [april 2010]  |
S |
M |
T |
W |
T |
F |
S |
| | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
|
[08/20/26 - 08:10 AM] Food Network Serves Up a Frightfully Delicious Fall in New Seasons of "Halloween Baking Championship" and "Halloween Wars" First up, on Sunday, September 13, at 9 p.m. ET/PT "Halloween Wars" will return with host Jonathan Bennett and a "Back from the Dead" theme featuring all-star expert pumpkin carving artists, sugar masters, and cake mavens who will face more difficult challenges than ever before.
|
[08/20/26 - 08:01 AM] "The Hunting Wives" Season 2 - First Look Images & Date Announcement Season two premieres on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 26, 2026) and will release exclusively as a Netflix branded series in nearly all countries Netflix is available.
|
[08/20/26 - 08:00 AM] The Final Reckoning Begins Emmy-Nominated "Yellowjackets" Returns for Its Final Season on November 20 on Paramount+ As the survivors race to bury their sins before rescue arrives and an old flame roars back into town with plans of her own.
|
[08/20/26 - 07:15 AM] Adult Swim Sets September 13 Premiere for Live-Action Sketch Series "The Terrors of Jordan Mendoza" Created by, starring, directed, and executive produced by Mendoza, the quarter-hour series follows a very scared man as he navigates a barrage of absurd, terrifying, and hilarious dreamscapes.
|
[08/20/26 - 07:00 AM] CBS Presents "Daughters of 9/11," Airing Friday, Sept. 11 Twenty-five years after the deadliest terrorist attack on American soil, Elizabeth Miller, Jessica Trant and FBI special agent Frank Pellegrino confront whether the man accused of masterminding the attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM), will ever face justice.
|
[08/20/26 - 06:31 AM] Video: "Line of Fire" - Official Trailer - NBC A family of law enforcement agents bridges personal differences and crosses professional boundaries as they tackle cases for the FBI, US Marshals, Secret Service and Department of Justice.
|
[08/20/26 - 06:01 AM] Video: "Monster: The Lizzie Borden Story" - Official Trailer - Netflix Hell hath no fury like Lizzie...
|
[08/20/26 - 06:01 AM] BritBox Announces Additional Casting, Start of Production for Season Two of BAFTA-Winning Thriller "Code of Silence" The new cast includes Jonah Hauer-King, Jo Joyner, Sophie McShera, John Hollingworth, Sasha Desouza-Willock and Emily Head.
|
[08/20/26 - 06:00 AM] Video: Prime Video Debuts "The Terminal List" Season Two Teaser Trailer and Key Art, Starring Chris Pratt All eight episodes, executive produced by Chris Pratt, Antoine Fuqua, David DiGilio, and author Jack Carr, will premiere on Wednesday, October 21, 2026, exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
|
[08/20/26 - 05:31 AM] New Cast Announced for Season 2 of Award Winning Comedy "North of North" The additions include Canadian actor and comedian Bruce McCulloch as Military Mitch, an instructor who is hired to teach first-aid at the Ice Cove Community Centre.
|
[08/19/26 - 01:01 PM] FX's "Legends" Ordered to Series for FX and Hulu When the cast of "Sons of Anarchy" reunites at a fan convention after more than a decade, the line between life and art blurs as the fractured brotherhood finds itself up against a real-world threat more dangerous than anything they ever faced in their show.
|
[08/19/26 - 12:01 PM] Video: "Best Medicine" Season 2 Official Trailer - FOX TV Relationships are tested, the cases are wilder than ever, and the whole town is wondering if Dr. Best is here to stay.
|
[08/19/26 - 12:01 PM] Top 10 Most-Watched Prime Original Films & Series for the Week of August 10 "Reacher," "Sterling Point," "Off Campus," "The Traitors," and "Elle" led all original series worldwide.
|
[08/19/26 - 11:01 AM] Video: "Dalliance" - Official Trailer - Paramount+ A longtime circle of friends in their sixties is forced to confront the messy realities of life as marriages implode, new relationships ignite and old wounds resurface.
|
[08/19/26 - 10:13 AM] Date & Title Announcement: "Jamie Foxx: Take Care of Yourself" The new special from Academy Award-winning acclaimed actor, comedian, singer, and producer Jamie Foxx premieres October 7.
|
|
|
|