[04/30/10 - 01:14 PM]
Conan O'Brien Says "Not Possible" Tonight Show Lost Money on His Watch and Six Months Was Too Soon to Judge His Potential - "60 Minutes" Sunday
CBS releases more excerpts from Sunday's interview.

[via press release from CBS]

CONAN O'BRIEN SAYS "NOT POSSIBLE" TONIGHT SHOW LOST MONEY ON HIS WATCH AND SIX MONTHS WAS TOO SOON TO JUDGE HIS POTENTIAL - "60 MINUTES" SUNDAY

Conan O'Brien refutes NBC's contention that The Tonight Show he briefly hosted was losing money and also tells Steve Kroft the six months he had the show were not long enough to declare it a failure with viewers. O'Brien appears in his first interview since being forced from his Tonight Show role in a 60 MINUTES segment to be broadcast Sunday, May 2 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Reminded by Kroft that NBC Universal Chairman Jeff Zucker said that after six months, ratings indicated viewers did not want him on the show, O'Brien says, "In my opinion, I don't think that's fair or accurate. But he's entitled to his opinion. I think for anyone to say that the results were in after six months-- that doesn't ring true to me," he tells Kroft. Also reminded that NBC said The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien was losing money, Conan refutes it. "I honestly don't see how that's possible. It's really not possible. It isn't possible."

Following are excerpts from O'Brien's 60 MINUTES interview:

Regrets?

I don't regret anything. I don't regret one decision I made in that week and a half period," says the late night television comedian. "I wish it had ended differently. But, I'm fine. I do believe, and this might be my Catholic upbringing or Irish magical thinking, but I think things happen for a reason. I really do. And I think that this all happened for a reason," he tells Kroft.

Was He Screwed?

The biggest thing people come up and say to me in gas stations and restaurants, I have so many people say this to me. "Hey partner, you got screwed." I don't-- and I always tell them, "No, I didn't. I didn't get screwed. I'm-- I'm fine. It just-- it didn't work out." But I don't want people thinking, you know, that I got screwed. Because it just didn't work out.

Resolved His Issues?

No, I have not resolved all my issues. I am mostly very happy. I love this tour, it's the most thrilling thing I've done in my career. And so I'm in a really great place in a lot of ways. But I'd be lying if I said I don't-- have my moments of everything, you know, anger, disappointment-- frustration and just confusion.

[april 2010]

· 60 MINUTES (CBS)

[07/23/16 - 07:19 PM]
Video: "Vixen" Season 2 Sneak Peek Highlight Reel Comic-Con(R) 2016
The sizzle is highlighted by guest appearances from The Flash, Firestorm and Weather Wizard.

[07/23/16 - 07:18 PM]
Video: "The Flash" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel & Season 3 First Look
The exclusive highlight reel offered attendees a first look at footage from the show's fast-approaching third season.

[07/23/16 - 07:17 PM]
Video: "Arrow" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
The annual, and always on point, SDCC highlight reel featured first looks at Team Arrow 2.0 recruits Evelyn Sharp and Wild Dog.

[07/23/16 - 05:13 PM]
Video: "Scream Queens" - Panel Highlights
Check out some hilarious highlights from the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:12 PM]
Video: "The Exorcist" - Panel Highlights & Fan Reactions
The cast the creators discuss the all-new FOX show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:11 PM]
Video: "Bob's Burgers" - Panel Highlights & Cast Impressions
Take a look at some of the questions the creators and cast answered during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:10 PM]
Video: "Bones" - Panel Highlights
The cast and creators talk about the past and the future of the show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:02 PM]
New Heroes and Villains on Board for Season Two of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"
Plus: watch the panel's highlight reel that recapped all the exciting Season 1 action.

[07/23/16 - 04:30 PM]
Video: BBC America Releases First Look at Original Series "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
The series is now in production and will premiere October 22.

[07/23/16 - 04:18 PM]
Wayne Enterprises Gifted One Lucky Fan the Chance to Win $1 Million Dollars Today at the "Gotham" Comic-Con Panel
Plus: check out a sneak peek at new footage from the Season 3 premiere episode.

[07/23/16 - 03:59 PM]
Video: "Legion" Official Trailer - An Original Series from FX and Marvel
The series stars Dan Stevens, Rachel Keller, Jean Smart, Katie Aselton, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder - with Bill Irwin and Aubrey Plaza.

[07/23/16 - 03:20 PM]
The Newest Starfleet Ship in the "Star Trek" Television Franchise, The U.S.S. Discovery, Unveiled Today at Comic-Con International
The ship name will also serve as the official title for the highly anticipated new series, "Star Trek: Discovery," coming to CBS All Access in January 2017, following the premiere on the CBS Television Network.

[07/23/16 - 02:59 PM]
Syfy Renews "Wynonna Earp" from SEVEN24 Films and IDW Entertainment
The announcement came during the "Wynonna Earp" panel at Comic Con International in San Diego where the full cast appeared as guests.

[07/23/16 - 02:36 PM]
Video: "We Bare Bears" and "The Powerpuff Girls" Team Up at San Diego Comic-Con with Cartoon Network's Back-to-Back Panel Extravaganza
Never-before-seen clips from the hit shows were unveiled at the Indigo Ballroom in the Hilton Bayfront for all fans to enjoy.

[07/23/16 - 02:16 PM]
Video: Watch Two All-New "The Simpsons" Promos
Season 28 premieres Sunday, September 25 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.