TLC.com and the Makers of First Reponse(R) Partner to Deliver A CONCEPTION STORY: SIX JOURNEYS TO PREGNANCY
-- Seven-Month, Weekly Webisodes Chronicle Six Women on the Road to Motherhood --
-- Custom Created Short-Form Web Series Developed by TLC.com, Discovery Digital Media and the Makers of First Response(R) --
May 3, 2010
(New York, N.Y.) TLC.com, dedicated to sharing the extraordinary experiences of family, and the First Response(R) brand, a pioneer in women's health with a portfolio of superior fertility, ovulation and pregnancy at-home test kits, today announced a collaborative online partnership to document the lives of six dynamic women on the path to conceive. A Conception Story: Six Journeys To Pregnancy (http://tlc.com/conception) offers an intimate portrait of one of life's great moments, exploring the trials and triumphs women and couples experience on the way to the baby carriage.
Arriving today and continuing weekly for the next seven months, A Conception Story will follow six women and their families who will candidly share their emotional highs and lows of conception via their own video journals. Topics of discussion will range from fears about the difficulties of getting pregnant to thoughts on health care and the desire to become a parent. The video diaries will be produced and edited to one compelling short-form webisode per week.
Additionally, A Conception Story offers an array of elements to provide poignant views and seldom shared accounts of what countless families endure surrounding pregnancy and infertility, including:
* Periodic online Q&A highlighting common experiences and answers to a wealth of questions featuring renowned fertility specialist, Dr. Peter Ahlering of the Sher Institute;
* A robust community featuring forums, resources and information to foster support for women trying to conceive; and
* Weekly blog entries to promote mentorship and enable the women to comment on one another's experiences.
"Mirroring the programming on TLC, which celebrates life in all its incarnations, TLC.com extends that mission by offering a look into the lives of real people by engaging, informing and inspiring others," said Harold Morgenstern, Senior Vice President, Advertising Sales, Discovery Communications. "Developing �A Conception Story' with First Response reinforces TLC.com's commitment to family, and to creating custom content solutions designed to meet client needs."
"From the very first desire to conceive to celebrating those first moments of knowing you're pregnant, First Response has always been a dedicated and consistent resource for letting women know sooner," said Stacey Feldman, Vice President Marketing, First Response(R) brand at Church & Dwight, Co., Inc. "First Response and TLC.com's partnership is based on a shared belief: that women should be educated and empowered with reliable knowledge and proven facts for their exciting journey ahead."
Synopses of the six diverse, yet parallel women from across the U.S., and cast through Discovery's network of mom bloggers, talent resource center and TLC.com fan base are as follows:
* Amber-28 year-old handbag entrepreneur and stay-at-home mom to a 2 1/2 year-old son is ready for a second child. She acknowledges, "We know we can get pregnant because of our son; however, I have a tilted uterus so we are not sure how fast we can get pregnant."
* Angel-25 year-old pediatric medical student who wants a baby of her own. Though no known problems conceiving, she admits, "Young professionals are the forgotten women of the world."
* Christina-28 year-old good-humored school teacher anxiously awaits her first child. Having difficulty conceiving with her husband of three years, she confesses, "Infertility is something that nobody talks about. It's something that women are ashamed of and sweep under the rug. Yet, so many women experience it. I am one of the few and would like to tell my story."
* Heather-31 year-old stay-at-home mom of two is ready for a third baby, even a fourth. She discloses, "You would think with a third baby, nothing would be new, but with this third baby, everything is new. I know what life with two kids is like, but now it's time to learn what life with three-and possibly four will be like. Twins run in my family, so this should be interesting."
* Kristen-31 year-old marathoner and business analyst, she and her husband of two years have just begun trying. She divulges, "It pains me to hear people speak of getting pregnant when they had no intention of having children. Why can't it be us receiving the confirmation from our doctor that we are pregnant?"
* Mary-34 year-old professional who wanted to make sure she was ready for her first child. Married for more than ten years, she says, "After we got married, there were many reasons why we weren't ready for a baby. We decided we were ready in 2007...in 2009, I completed three intrauterine insemination (IUI) cycles and two in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles...I was giving myself five shots a day. I was black and blue...we spent thousands of dollars and ended up with no baby."
The online series is produced and created by TLC.com, Discovery Digital Media, First Response(R) parent company Church & Dwight Co., Inc. and Church & Dwight's media agency of record, Maxus.
ABOUT DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq:DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's number-one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 180 countries. Discovery empowers people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity through 100-plus worldwide networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Investigation Discovery and HD Theater, as well as leading consumer and educational products and services, and a diversified portfolio of digital media services including HowStuffWorks.com. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
ABOUT FIRST RESPONSE(R) PRODUCTS
For over 25 years, the makers of FIRST RESPONSE have been a pioneer in women's health with a portfolio of innovative pregnancy and ovulation at-home test kits. FIRST RESPONSE(R) Early Result Pregnancy Test is the earliest at-home test on the market and detects the pregnancy hormone hCG earlier than ever before. To help women get pregnant sooner* there is the FIRST RESPONSE Easy-Read Ovulation Test to determine their best time to try to get pregnant and FIRST RESPONSE Fertility Test for Women to help determine a women's ability to get pregnant by testing for FSH levels.
ABOUT CHURCH AND DWIGHT CO., INC
Church and Dwight, Co., Inc., headquartered in Princeton, NJ, distributes First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test and other First Response products, including First Response Gold Digital, First Response Rapid Result Pregnancy Test, First Response Easy Read Ovulation Test, First Response Daily Ovulation Test, First Response Fertility Test for Women, and Answer Pregnancy and Ovulation Tests.
*Based on directions for use