"Law & Order: Los Angeles" and "Hawaii Five-0" Top Americans' List of Most Anticipated Fall TV Shows, According to TiVo
Survey Predicts This Year to be the Return of Suspense Series, While People Click 'Delete' on Reality TV
ALVISO, CA, September 8, 2010 - As the fall TV season gets underway, a recent poll commissioned by TiVo Inc. shows that people are most eagerly anticipating the season's crop of scripted suspense series and comedies. On the flip side, perhaps Snooki and Real Housewives fatigue is starting to set in as the public is growing tired of reality TV - 40 percent consider it the most "overdone" TV genre. With suspenseful procedurals like NCIS, Law & Order: Los Angeles, and Hawaii Five-0 topping the list of most anticipated new and returning TV series, it's no wonder that viewers say that suspense genre is their favorite.
The poll also found the following about what people will be watching this fall:
· 27% of viewers enjoy the suspense genre the most, followed by comedy (22%)
· 40% voted reality TV as the TV theme most overdone, followed by vampires and supernatural (22%)
· The most anticipated new series are Law & Order: Los Angeles (27%), Hawaii Five-0 (23%), Undercovers (13%) and The Event (13%)
· The most anticipated returning series are NCIS (24%), House (21%), and The Office (15%)
· Almost one-third of Americans watch webisodes that accompany their favorite TV shows
· Viewers most commonly find new shows based on similarity to shows they already watch
Whatever your preferences are this fall TV season, the TiVo(R) Premiere box is the ultimate living room companion that will help you discover your new favorite TV show, actor, or obsession of the year. Whether you want to catch up on the buzz-worthy shows you missed last season or find your favorite new series debuting this fall, TiVo Premiere is your one-stop shop for TV, movies, the web and music.
"The way we enjoy entertainment has undergone a dramatic shift. People want to discover not only new TV shows, but also all the entertainment the Web has to offer," said Tony Lee, vice president of marketing at TiVo. "TiVo Premiere helps you get the most out of this fall TV season, whether it's catching up on a series you missed last season, learning more about the original series of shows like Hawaii Five-0 or V, or finding the new show to fill your Lost withdrawals."
This fall season, let TiVo Premiere help you discover your new favorite show:
· The New Fall TV Guru - Tired of being the only one who didn't see Modern Family or Glee last year? Subscribe to the Fall TV Guru Guide and discover all the new shows premiering this fall.
· Follow The Emmy Winners - If you're curious about the series that swept the 2010 Emmys, like Modern Family or Mad Men, the exclusive TiVo Search and TiVo Collections features can catch you up in a matter of clicks. Find upcoming episodes and entire previous seasons on Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand or Blockbuster On Demand*.
· Follow An Actor's Career - Are you missing your favorite Lost actors and want to follow them onto their new projects? TiVo's WishList(R) search can automatically record programs with Daniel Dae Kim, or Jin, such as CBS's new Hawaii Five-0. TiVo Search can also indulge you with their other past films and projects making you can an expert on all of your favorite stars.
· Must-Watch TV Includes The Web - As almost one-third of Americans watch webisodes accompanying their favorite series, must-see entertainment now goes beyond your cable lineup. TiVo Premiere provides access to online video content through YouTube and hundreds of video podcasts, so you don't have to hunch over a laptop to watch your online favorites.
· Search In Just Seconds - The new TiVo Slide remote, available for $89.99 at tivo.com or in Best Buy has a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard for a faster search experience to take full advantage of TiVo Premiere's web features, so you can spend more time watching and less time searching.
TiVo Premiere and TiVo Premiere XL boxes as well as the TiVo Slide remote are available nationwide. TiVo products can be found at Best Buy and Amazon.com, in addition to TiVo.com.
*TiVo service is required and sold separately. Cable and Netflix subscriptions required for cable and Netflix programming, respectively and are not included in TiVo service subscription. Additional fees may apply for other broadband content. Broadband programming sources subject to availability and may change without notice.
# # #
About TiVo Inc.
Founded in 1997, TiVo Inc. (Nasdaq: TIVO - News) developed the first commercially available digital video recorder (DVR). TiVo offers the TiVo service and TiVo DVRs directly to consumers online at www.tivo.com and through third-party retailers. TiVo also distributes its technology and services through solutions tailored for cable, satellite and broadcasting companies. Since its founding, TiVo has evolved into the ultimate single solution media center by combining its patented DVR technologies and universal cable box capabilities with the ability to aggregate, search, and deliver millions of pieces of broadband, cable, and broadcast content directly to the television. An economical, one-stop-shop for in-home entertainment, TiVo's intuitive functionality and ease of use puts viewers in control by enabling them to effortlessly navigate the best digital entertainment content available through one box, with one remote, and one user interface, delivering the most dynamic user experience on the market today. TiVo also continues to weave itself into the fabric of the media industry by providing interactive advertising solutions and audience research and measurement ratings services to the television industry www.tivo.com
TiVo, the TiVo logo, and WishList are trademarks trademarks of TiVo Inc. or its subsidiaries worldwide. � 2010 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.