NBC LAUNCHES NEW NBC.COM APP FOR iPAD NOW AVAILABLE ON THE APP STORE
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. -- June 23, 2011 - Today NBC launched the NBC.com App for iPad on the App Store which gives fans access to content from their favorite NBC shows and features such as customization, thousands of video clips and highlights including some of the hottest SNL digital shorts from the past. The new App also features preview clips from NBC shows, photos, recaps of the latest series episodes, creative games, previews of upcoming shows and more.
The announcement was made today by Vivi Zigler, President, NBCUniversal Digital Entertainment.
"Our new NBC.com App for iPad is consistent with our commitment to personalizing the fan experience and offering unique and engaging content," said Zigler. "Now our users can access their favorite features and utilize the new customizable dashboard wherever they are."
The NBC.com App features:
· Thousands of video shorts including the best highlights and clips from all NBC shows with full screen video playback
· Exclusive photo galleries
· Interactive games, trivia and more
· Schedules and previews of upcoming shows
· Searchable content by show
· Customizable myNBC dashboard with a personalized view of the offered content including: My Feed which aggregates clips, games, photos and news from the users favorite NBC shows
The NBC.com App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
NBC.com iPad App was built with Appcelerator Titanium, the leading mobile development platform. Appcelerator provides NBC with the ability to rapidly create engaging mobile and manage it all in-house as part of their digital strategy.
NBC.com continues to offer full episodes and interactive experiences for all of its popular series online at www.nbc.com.