"AUSTIN & ALLY," A COMEDY ABOUT AN UNLIKELY FRIENDSHIP, PREMIERES SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4 ON DISNEY CHANNEL
-- Talented Ensemble Cast is Ross Lynch, Laura Marano,
Raini Rodriguez and Calum Worthy --
-- Leading up to the Premiere, Global Music Sensation
Justin Bieber Performs on the Hit Series "So Random!" --
Opposites rock in "Austin & Ally," a new comedy series about an unlikely friendship, singing, songwriting and the adventures of trying to achieve one's dreams, premiering SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. The series follows polar opposites - an extroverted musician/singer, and a brilliant yet shy songwriter - who combine their talents in an attempt to create a true musical tour-de-force. Starring are newcomer Ross Lynch as Austin, Laura Marano ("Without a Trace," "Back to You") as Ally, Raini Rodriguez (Disney's "Prom," "I'm in the Band") as Trish and Calum Worthy ("Psych," "Good Luck Charlie") as Dez. Prior to the premiere of "Austin & Ally," music sensation Justin Bieber performs "Mistletoe" from his upcoming holiday album, in an all-new episode of the hit series "So Random!"
In the premiere episode, Austin is eager to release another music video, so he puts the pressure on Ally to quickly finish the lyrics. However, in her haste to complete the song, she scribbles down the lyrics in illegible handwriting, prompting Dez and Trish - who are collecting props for the music video - to gather some strange items which they think correspond to Ally's lyrics. When the odd collection of musical props and items begins arriving, they piece together the handwriting debacle and quickly work together to resolve the mix-up.
The multi-platform schedule is as follows:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11
· DisneyChannel.com will launch the "Austin & Ally" super site featuring new videos, games and activities including "Rocking Out" posters, which fans can create to help showcase a surprise concert the gang is planning.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22
· Free download of "Austin & Ally" preview episode available on iTunes.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25
· Preview episode of "Austin & Ally" available via Disney Channel On Demand, a video-on-demand service available to a variety of major affiliates including AT&T, Cablevision, Time Warner and Verizon customers.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
· Disney Channel preview of "Austin & Ally" with simulcast on Sprint TV and MobiTV (9:30 p.m., ET/PT), immediately following the Disney Channel Original Movie premiere of "Good Luck Charlie, It's Christmas." In the pilot episode, unbeknownst to Ally, Austin and Dez "borrow" one of her songs, record it, create a video and post it on the internet, after which it and Austin become an overnight sensation. When Trish convinces Ally to tell the world she wrote the song, Austin pleads with her to write another hit for him.
· Kids and families can tour the Sonic Boom lounge, create music tracks of their own and learn more about the show and characters at DisneyChannel.com.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
· Preview episode of "Austin & Ally" available on DisneyChannel.com, Mobile VOD (AT&T, Sprint and Verizon) and Microsoft Xbox.
· Premiere episode of "Austin & Ally" available via Disney Channel On Demand, a video-on-demand service available to a variety of major affiliates including AT&T, Cablevision, Time Warner and Verizon customers.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4
· All-new episode of "So Random!" on Disney Channel starring global music sensation, Justin Bieber (7:30-8:00 p.m., ET/PT).
· Disney Channel premiere of "Austin & Ally" (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) with simulcast on Sprint TV and MobiTV.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 5
· Premiere episode of "Austin & Ally" available on DisneyChannel.com, iTunes, Mobile VOD (AT&T, Sprint and Verizon) and Microsoft Xbox.
"Austin & Ally" was created and is executive-produced by Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert ("Good Burger," "Kenan & Kel," Disney Channel's "Sonny With A Chance" and "JONAS"). The pilot was directed by Shelley Jensen ("Good Luck Charlie," "Shake It Up"). The series is a production of It's A Laugh Productions, Inc. It carries a TV-G parental guideline.
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.