INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY FIRES UP SEASON TWO OF ITS "HIT" SERIES "NOTHING PERSONAL: MURDER FOR HIRE"
- Actor Steve Schirripa Returns to Unravel Six Deceitful Tales of People Attempting to
Solve Ordinary Problems with Extraordinary Measures: Hiring a Hit Man -
(Silver Spring, MD) - The broken relationships featured on season two of Investigation Discovery's NOTHING PERSONAL: MURDER FOR HIRE are in vital need of professional services, though it isn't the temporary kind from therapists or love gurus. Rather, the quick fix for these rejected lovers and partners is the more permanent solution provided by a hired hit man. Actor and true-crime aficionado, Steve Schirripa, returns to guide viewers through the twists and turns of each betrayal, drawing inspiration from his own years on The Sopranos, playing Bobby Baccalieri, who himself succumbed to a murder plot. The six-episode second season of NOTHING PERSONAL: MURDER FOR HIRE premieres Wednesday, March 7 at 9 PM ET on Investigation Discovery (#NothingPersonal // @DiscoveryID).
"Hiring a hit man is now a practice shared by mafia dons and soccer moms," said Henry Schleiff, president and general manager of Investigation Discovery. "As we'll see in this new season of NOTHING PERSONAL, hit men have made their way into mainstream America and are hired today by anyone from your rival business partner, your next-door neighbor - and even, on occasion, your not-so-loving spouse."
One such case is spotlighted in the premiere episode, which recounts the recent headline-making story of Dalia Dippolito, a former escort in Florida who hatched a deadly scheme to scam her husband of two months, Michael. After stealing from him, planting drugs in his car, and attempting to poison him to death, she set up a hit using his own money to pay for the job. Dalia was "5000 percent sure" she wanted Michael dead. He missed every possible tip-off, but luckily for him an undercover cop posing as a hit man caught Dalia's whole plan on tape.
Other stories featured include:
· A voodoo sex cult leader who, facing the collapse of his empire, uses black magic to attempt a soul transfer before commissioning a naive follower to act as hit man in his own suicide;
· A con artist and expert manipulator who tricks one of his closest friends into gunning down his pregnant wife;
· The owner of Hollywood's only silent movie theatre, who becomes sugar daddy to a male hustler and is soon worth more dead than alive when he makes the companion his sole beneficiary;
· A Vietnam vet who hatches a deadly scheme to have his wife killed, until she proves tougher than she looks;
· The brother-on-brother feud that hatched behind the scenes of iconic porn film Deep Throat and ended with expertly trained killers stepping in to take care of business.
NOTHING PERSONAL: MURDER FOR HIRE is a Cineflix (NP2) Inc. production in association with Investigation Discovery. For Cineflix (NP2) Inc., Simon Lloyd and Steve Schirripa are executive producers. For Investigation Discovery, Ron Simon is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, and Henry Schleiff is president and general manager.
About Investigation Discovery
Investigation Discovery (ID) is America's leading investigation network and the fastest-growing network in television. As the source for fact-based analytical content and compelling human stories, ID probes factors that challenge our everyday understanding of culture, society and the human condition. ID delivers the highest-quality programming to more than 78.4 million U.S. households with viewer favorites that include On the Case with Paula Zahn, Disappeared, Unusual Suspects and Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets. For more information, please visit InvestigationDiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or twitter.com/DiscoveryID. Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 210 countries and territories.