"WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE" CELEBRATES THE FILM INDUSTRY WITH "MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE WEEK"
Specialty Week to Air February 20-24,
Leading Up to the 84th Academy Awards(R) on February 26
NEW YORK (February 15, 2012) -- Grab the popcorn and settle in for "Million Dollar Movie Week" on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" with Emmy Award-winning host Meredith Vieira, airing February 20-24. Throughout the week, movie trivia buffs will appear as contestants and try to win $1 million by answering 14 movie-themed questions. The specialty week will air as a precursor to Oscar Sunday on ABC, February 26. Check local listings for "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" or go to http://www.millionairetv.com for time and channel.
See how YOU would do on "Million Dollar Movie Week!" Here's a sneak-peek at some of the movie-themed questions that will be asked on "Millionaire's" "Million Dollar Movie Week." Correct answers are in bolded italics.
1) Perhaps to the chagrin of his female fans, in which of these movies does Brad Pitt not bare his backside? (A) Legends of the Fall; (B) Interview with the Vampire; (C) Twelve Monkeys; (D) Troy
2) "You never did eat your lunch, did you?," is the first line of what classic Hitchcock film? (A) Vertigo; (B) Spellbound; (C) Notorious; (D) Psycho
3) At the end of the 2009 film "Julie & Julia," what does Julie Powell leave at the Smithsonian exhibit of Julia Child's kitchen? (A) Bottle of white wine; (B) Stick of butter; (C) French baguette; (D) Sprig of parsley
4) In "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," what is the license plate on Cameron's dad's Ferrari? (A) NRVOUS; (B) MYBABY; (C) UPTITE; (D) NOTUCH
5) In the 2011 film "The Help," Emma Stone's character, Eugenia Phelan, is known by what nickname? (A) Sunny; (B) Doodles; (C) Buzzy; (D) Skeeter
6) What hunky leading man made his acting debut playing Billy Crystal's son in the 1991 movie "City Slickers"? (A) James Franco; (B) Jake Gyllenhaal; (C) Ryan Reynolds; (D) Jeremy Renner
7) Which of these superheroes has never been portrayed in a live-action film by an actor named as People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive"? (A) Iron Man; (B) Green Lantern; (C) Batman; (D) Wolverine -- FYI: George Clooney played Batman; Hugh Jackman played Wolverine; Ryan Reynolds played Green Lantern.
8) What happens to Jack Nicholson's character at the end of "The Shining"? (A) He freezes to death; (B) He falls off the roof; (C) He is crushed by a bookcase; (D) He drives his car off a cliff
9) In the 1994 movie "Forrest Gump," Forrest meets all of these U.S. presidents except whom? (A) Dwight Eisenhower; (B) John F. Kennedy; (C) Lyndon Johnson; (D) Richard Nixon
10) In the 2011 film "Moneyball," Brad Pitt portrays the general manager of what baseball team? (A) Texas Rangers; (B) Oakland A's; (C) Chicago Cubs; (D) St. Louis Cardinals
About "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire": "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" with host Meredith Vieira is currently in its tenth season. Vieira has hosted the daytime version of "Millionaire" since the show debuted in 2002. She is a multi Emmy Award-winner and has won two Daytime Emmys for her work on "Millionaire" (2005 and 2009). Throughout her ten seasons on the show, Vieira has hosted over 1,800 episodes and handed out more than $70 million in winnings to "Millionaire" contestants. "Millionaire" is produced by Valleycrest Productions Ltd. and is distributed by Disney-ABC Domestic Television. Rich Sirop is the executive producer. In addition to serving as the host of the show, Meredith Vieira serves as co-executive producer. Visit "Millionaire's" website at http://www.millionairetv.com.