MTV'S SPRING BREAK 2012 TO SET LAS VEGAS ON FIRE WITH SCORCHING PERFORMANCES BY B.O.B, BIG SEAN AND ARAABMUZIK
Artists Join Previously Announced Performers Young Jeezy, Dev and The Wanted With Appearances by Cast Members From "Jersey Shore" and "The Challenge: Battle of the Exes" to Take Over the Palms Casino Resort March 20 - 22, 2012
New York, NY (March 16, 2012) - MTV, MTV2 and mtvU, MTV's 24-hour college network will once again invade Las Vegas desert with the addition of blazing performances by hip hop stars B.o.B, Big Sean and producer/artist araabMUZIK for the Spring Break 2012. These artists join the previously announced Spring Break 2012 performers Young Jeezy, Dev, The Wanted and MTV talent including "Jersey Shore's" Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola, Ronnie Ortiz Magro and Deena Nicole Cortese from "Jersey Shore," as well as Leroy and Naomi from "The Challenge: Battle of the Exes." Spring Break 2012 attendees will also be treated to an exclusive screening of the upcoming Lionsgate film The Cabin in the Woods and all new episodes of MTV shows.
For the second-consecutive year MTV is teaming up with Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas to deliver the following explosive Spring Break 2012 lineup:
Tuesday, March 20th
· Young Jeezy will bring his East Coast sound to the heart of the desert for a performance from his hit album, Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition in a pool-side performance
· B.o.B brings his electrifying show from the stage to poolside with performances of the newest tracks from his upcoming album, Strange Clouds
· MTV Spring Breakers will chill out from a day in the sun by enjoying a first look at The Cabin in the Woods weeks before it hits theatres on April 13th
· Former "Real World Las Vegas" cast members Leroy an Naomi make their Vegas return to host a screening of "The Challenge: Battle of the Exes" and hang out with The Cabin in the Woods stars Amy Acker and Kristin Connolly
Wednesday, March 21st
· Dev, whose debut album The Night The Sun Came Up is one of the most anticipated releases of 2012, gives fans a listen at the hit singles "In My Trunk" and "Backseat."
· Spring Break 2012 will also receive a British invasion with The Wanted, a band with several hits across the Atlantic that is about to blow up stateside.
· The Finally Famous artist Big Sean will kick off the week's third pool party with performances of his chart topping singles from his debut album.
· MTV's Chanel and Drama from "Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory," Lauren Hutchinson from "Savage U" and Ronnie, Sammi, Deena of "Jersey Shore" host a screening party at the Palms Casino Resort, where they will hang out with lucky spring breakers to give a sneak peek at never-before-seen MTV episodes and get the latest gossip from the show.
Thursday, March 22nd
· Super producer/artist araabMUZIK makes the pool party complete on the creating fresh beats poolside and remixing the hits creating an explosive sound for Spring Break 2012
· "Jersey Shore" cast return for another day around the pool where fans will get first looks at upcoming shows slated to air on MTV during Spring Break Week.
To find out more about the Spring Break 2012 events head over to www.springbreak.mtv.com to snag tickets to Spring Break events, check out info about our performers and celebrities appearing during the week and find out how to win a trip to Spring Break.
Official sponsors of Spring Break 2012 are SoBe(R), Lionsgate, Burger King and Warner Bros.
Students Between the ages of 21-27 can still get in on the action. Time is running out, so head to Palms Casino Resort now to secure your spot at the hottest Spring Break in 2012! For more information, visit http://www.studentcity.com/mtv-las-vegas/.
MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its Emmy(R), Grammy(R) and Peabody(R) award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. MTV's sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unparalleled customized content for young males, music fans and college students, and its online hub MTV.com is a leading destination for music, news and pop culture. MTV, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.
Broadcast to more than 750 college campuses and via top cable distributors in 700 college communities nationwide, mtvU reaches nearly 9 million U.S. college students - making it the largest, most comprehensive television network just for college students. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, mtvU can be seen in the dining areas, fitness centers, student lounges and dorm rooms of campuses throughout the U.S., as well as on cable systems from Charter Communications, Verizon FiOS TV, Suddenlink Communications, AT&T u-Verse and nearly 70 others. mtvU is dedicated to every aspect of college life, reaching students everywhere they are: on-air, online and on the campus. mtvU programs music videos from emerging artists that can't be seen anywhere else, news, student life features and initiatives that give college students the tools to advance positive social change. mtvU is always on campus, with hundreds of events per year, including exclusive concerts, giveaways, shooting mtvU series and more. For more information about mtvU, and a complete programming schedule, visit http://www.mtvU.com
About Palms Casino Resort
Palms Casino Resort, heralded as one of Las Vegas' hippest resorts, is an all-encompassing, one-stop destination. The boutique property boasts three distinct towers and a diverse mix of bars and restaurants across a 95,000-square-foot casino. Amenities include the legendary Playboy Club; ghostbar; Rain Nightclub; The Pearl Concert Theater; Moon Nightclub; N9NE Steakhouse; Nove Italiano; Little Buddha; Simon Restaurant & Lounge; The Palms Pool & Bungalows; Palms Spa and AMP Salon; Drift Spa & Hammam; Brenden Theatres, a 14-theatre Cineplex; the Fantasy Suites, including the Hardwood Suite, the only hotel room in the world with its own basketball court; and over 60,000 square-feet of meeting space. The Palms has played host to MTV's Video Music Awards, Real World: Las Vegas and Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown, and E!'s Girls Next Door feature the resort on a regular basis. Palms Casino Resort is located west of the Las Vegas Strip and I-15 on Flamingo Road. For reservation information, call toll free at (866) PALMS-RES, (866) 725-6773, or visit www.palms.com. For groups of 15 rooms or more, contact the Sales Department at (866) PALMS-MTG or (866) 725-6768.