OXYGEN MEDIA PARTNERS WITH BRACH'S AS SPONSOR OF FRESHMAN DOCU-SERIES "THE NEXT BIG THING: NY"
Oxygen Chosen as Sole Broadcast Partner for 2012 Campaign
NEW YORK - APRIL 25, 2012 - Oxygen Media today announced a key sponsorship with new advertiser Brach's(R) candy, which chose Oxygen as their sole broadcast partner for their 2012 brand messaging campaign. As part of the brand's efforts to transition to a younger target consumer, Brach's will partner with Oxygen for an innovative, multi-platform marketing partnership for the docu-series premiere of "The Next Big Thing: NY," which includes an in-store activation. The announcement was made prior to a star-studded Upfront party at the Dream Hotel's Penthouse in New York City, which will celebrate the network's 22 new advertisers in 2012, including Ford and Toshiba.
"The momentum remains strong following a breakout year for the network," said Jason Klarman, President, Oxygen Media. "Deep, multiplatform partnerships like this are what drive results with our engaged and passionate viewers."
A unique sponsorship, Brach's, an iconic candy company, will work with Oxygen on a season-long campaign for "The Next Big Thing: NY," which features Trapper Felides, a top New York City performance coach and musical director, who gives his clients the blunt truth and tough love they need to succeed.
"This one of a kind series sponsorship represents a tremendous opportunity for Oxygen's advertisers," said Michael DuPont, Vice President, National Ad Sales, Oxygen Media. "Targeted sponsorships plug advertisers directly into Oxygen's audience of young women who are going through key transitions in their lives, including landing their first real job, getting married, and starting a family. As such, they are highly consumptive - purchasing products and services they need in each of these life stages - and are open to new brands and messaging."
Marketing partnership efforts will include on-air, online and VOD sponsorship, as well as a sweepstakes and co-branded in-store activation:
· On-Air: A custom co-branded spot will reinforce Brach's "Give A Little Brach's Because..." brand messaging. The spot will feature a star of the series as they interact with Brach's product and are rewarded for their passion and dedication to becoming "The Next Big Thing." This will serve as Brach's on-air media spot and run during Brach's commercial time. This 30-second co-branded spot will launch on-air in conjunction with the promotion for the series, and will also live on VOD and stream online at Oxygen.com.
· Character Vignettes: Oxygen will develop several Character Vignettes that will showcase the series' cast and run on-air as well as on VOD.
· Custom Sweepstakes: Oxygen's "Give a Little Brach's Because..." sweepstakes will encourage viewers to nominate a person in their lives that "Deserves a Little Brach's." The grand prize winner will receive a trip to NYC to see a Broadway play starring a cast member of "The Next Big Thing: NY," while a number of runners-up will win a year's worth of Brach's candy, along with gift certificates for a Brach's retail partner.
· In-Store Activation: The cross-platform promotion will extend to more than 10,000 retail stores nationwide, where Brach's and Oxygen co-branding will be visible on shelf talkers and end cap displays.
· Online: On the digital side, Brach's will sponsor the premiere and finale episodes of OxygenLive that will serve to connect viewers with the series' stars.
"Brach's is very excited for this unique sponsorship with Oxygen Media," said Liam Killeen, CEO, Brach's. "The partnership is a perfect fit as we transition our brand and target a younger demographic."
Coming off a groundbreaking year of "bests" in 2011, the network has maintained its position in the Top 20 among ad-supported cable entertainment networks for W18-34, according to Nielsen, and has achieved 15% growth in upfront revenue. 2011 marked Oxygen's best year ever on VOD, as well as its youngest year ever in Prime (36.5), Sales Prime (37.7) and Total Day (37.8). Last year, the network aired 49 telecasts that delivered over 1 million total viewers, and 12 telecasts that delivered over 2 million total viewers. During the "Bad Girls Club" seasons run in 2011, Oxygen secured the #1 cable entertainment network spot in the Monday 9pm hour among W18-34, out-delivering two broadcast networks. Oxygen out delivered at least one broadcast network 24 times among W18-34 in the Monday 9pm hour.
On air Source: Nielsen Media Research L7, Full year 2011. Cable ranks includes ad supported cable entertainment networks, in more than 50% of the daypart, cvg rating.
About Oxygen Media
Oxygen Media is a multiplatform lifestyle brand that delivers relevant and engaging content to young women who like to "live out loud." Oxygen is rewriting the rulebook for women's media by changing how the world sees entertainment from a young woman's point of view. Through a vast array of unconventional and original content, including "The Glee Project," "Best Ink," "Bad Girls Club" and "Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood," the growing cable network is the premier destination to find unique and groundbreaking unscripted programming. "The Glee Project" is a winner of a 2012 Gracie Award which honors programming created for women, by women and about women for "Outstanding Reality Show." A social media trendsetter, Oxygen is a leading force in engaging modern young women, wherever they are, with popular, award winning features online including www.OxygenLive.com, the real time social viewing party that is also available as an app for the iPhone and iPad. Oxygen is available in 79 million homes, and can be found online and on mobile devices at www.oxygen.com. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/OxygenPR. Oxygen Media is a service of NBCUniversal.