MTV NEWS TO PRESENT "ADAM YAUCH: REMEMBERING A BEASTIE BOY" TONIGHT AT 8PM ET/PT ON MTV
Special Encore to Air at 11pm ET/ PT on MTV2
New York, NY (May 4, 2012) - MTV is celebrating the life and career of Beastie Boys co-founder Adam Yauch:
· Tonight at 8pm ET/PT, MTV News will present a one-hour special "Adam Yauch: Remembering a Beastie Boy" LIVE from its Times Square newsroom on MTV and simulcast on mtvU. The special will be hosted by MTV News' Sway Calloway and highlight the Beastie Boys and Adam's career through music videos, performances, MTV moments and remembrances from his peers, including Biz Markie and more. In addition, "Adam Yauch: Remembering a Beastie Boy" will be live streamed simultaneously on MTV.com.
The special will re-air at 11pm ET/PT on MTV2 and throughout the weekend on MTV Hits and MTV Jams.
· MTV2's "Sucker Free Countdown" will dedicate Sunday's episode, airing at 11pm ET/PT on MTV2, to MCA kicking off the show with the Beastie Boys "SABOTAGE" music video and featuring dedication tweets from major artists and fans throughout the show.
· mtvU, MTV Hits and MTV Jams are playing wall-to-wall Beastie Boys music videos until 8pm ET/PT when the special airs on MTV, and themed music video hours throughout the weekend.
· MTV has given the audience the chance to share their grief publicly via the networks' Twitter (@MTV with hashtag #RIPMCA), Facebook and Tumblr accounts.
· MTV's International channels will join in the Beastie Boys tribute airing dedicated music programming and news updates on-air, online and via social media.
Ongoing coverage of Adam's passing can be found at MTVNews.com. If you'd like to embed "Adam Yauch: Remembering a Beastie Boy" on your site - please contact Mariana.Agathoklis@mtvstaff.com.
MTV News is the authority for music, movies and pop culture news for the Millennial audience, producing a diverse mix of daily news stories, insider specials, weekly series, live red carpet shows, exclusive music video and movie premieres, as well as exclusive artist and celebrity interviews on-air, online, via mobile and across social media.
MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its Emmy(R), Grammy(R) and Peabody(R) award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. MTV's sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unparalleled customized content for young males, music fans and college students, and its online hub MTV.com is a leading destination for music, news and pop culture. MTV, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.