ABC ANNOUNCES THE EIGHT TALENTED SINGERS WHO WILL PARTNER WITH
KELLY CLARKSON, JOHN LEGEND, JENNIFER NETTLES AND ROBIN THICKE
ON NEW MUSIC SERIES "DUETS," PREMIERING THURSDAY, MAY 24
ABC announced today the eight young amateur singers who will partner with Superstars Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke in the network's newest music series, "Duets," premiering THURSDAY, MAY 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET).
The Duet Partners are:
· Bridget Carrington, age 34, from Farmville, Virginia, partnered with John Legend.
· Olivia Chisholm, age 21, from Charlotte, North Carolina, partnered with Robin Thicke.
· Jason Farol, age 23, from Torrance, California, partnered with Kelly Clarkson.
· Alexis Foster, age 21, from Knoxville, TN, partnered with Robin Thicke.
· John Glosson, age 32, from Douglas, Georgia, partnered with Jennifer Nettles.
· Johnny Gray, age 37, from Shoreline, Washington, partnered with John Legend.
· Jordan Meredith, age 21, from Kimberly, Wisconsin, partnered with Kelly Clarkson.
· J Rome, age 25, from Laurel, Maryland, partnered with Jennifer Nettles.
Hosted by Quddus ("Total Request Live"), "Duets" is a one-of a kind singing competition that takes the Superstars out from behind the judges' panel and onto the stage. Clarkson, Legend, Nettles and Thicke individually set out on a journey across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy of being their Duet Partners. Ultimately, each Superstar will choose two singers to be his/her partners. Together the Superstars and their partners take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts, and the winning partner will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
For a sneak peak of "Duets" click here to view.
"Duets" is a production of Keep Calm and Carry On Productions. Emmy-winner Robert Deaton (The CMA Awards) is executive producer. Emmy-Winner Charles Wachter ("Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution") is the co-executive producer. "Duets" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.