[05/23/12 - 10:31 AM] The Nation's Bravest Pilots Are Back as "Flying Wild Alaska" Returns for a Third Season Friday, June 8 on Discovery Channel In the new season, the Twetos and Era Alaska's skilled pilots operate in the worst weather Alaska has seen in decades.
[via press release from Discovery]
THE NATION'S BRAVEST PILOTS ARE BACK AS "FLYING WILD ALASKA" RETURNS FOR A THIRD SEASON FRIDAY, JUNE 8 ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL
- Providing a Lifeline to America's Last Frontier, the Twetos Battle the Worst Winter in Decades -
(Los Angeles, CA) - For the small, isolated communities of Northern Alaska, the only way in (and the only way out) is by bush plane. Here, the Tweto family - husband and wife Jim and Ferno and their daughters Ariel and Ayla - provide the only lifeline to America's last frontier via their regional airline, Era Alaska. For season 3 of FLYING WILD ALASKA, which begins Friday, June 8 at 10PM ET/PT, the Twetos and Era Alaska's skilled pilots operate in the worst weather Alaska has seen in decades.
Among the Season 3 highlights:
· Ariel Tweto continues her quest to get her pilot's license and faces the biggest obstacle of her career
· Massive solar flares wreak havoc on airplane equipment across the state
· Pilot Sarah Fraher has a sudden mid-air breach at 3,000 feet -- in -40 degree F temperatures
· Ariel joins a search and rescue team to help find a missing friend
· Pilot John Ponts is once again the rookie as he is transferred to Era's most unforgiving hub: Barrow, Alaska
· Pilot Erik Snuggerud's moose hunt turns into a fight for survival
· Pilot Doug Stewart attempts to land on a treacherous runway to fly schoolkids out for their first visit ever to the mainland
· John Kapsner and his co-pilot race to find stranded snow machiners who have been out overnight in the deadly cold
· Pilot Ben Pedersen attempts to retrieve a priest in 40 mph winds so he can deliver Easter mass in the villages
· Jim Tweto hopes to build a new cabin and gold mine, but must get 15,000 lbs of equipment across a thawing river to make his dream a reality
[04/25/17 - 07:01 AM] TBS Renews "The Detour" for Third Season "I hear from so many people who love 'The Detour,' even my hardcore comedy friends," said Thom Hinkle, senior vice president of original programming for TBS.