[05/31/12 - 09:23 AM] "Web Therapy" Starring Lisa Kudrow To Feature David Schwimmer, Meryl Streep, Conan O'Brien, Minnie Driver, Rosie O'Donnell, Among Others The series returns to Showtime on Monday, July 2 at 11:00/10:00c.
[via press release from Showtime]
SOME NEW FRIENDS GET CAUGHT IN KUDROW'S WEB
"WEB THERAPY" Starring Lisa Kudrow To Feature David Schwimmer, Meryl Streep, Conan O'Brien, Minnie Driver, Rosie O'Donnell, Among Others
Season Two Premieres Monday, July 2nd at 11 PM ET/PT on SHOWTIME(R)
Some of the biggest names in film and television guest star in the upcoming second season of WEB THERAPY, returning on Monday, July 2nd at 11 p.m. ET/PT. The series stars Lisa Kudrow as "Fiona Wallice," the self-professed and self-serving psychotherapist who treats patients in three minute sessions via webcam. The eleven, half-hour episodes of season two find Fiona playing the woman-behind-the-man in Kip's political campaign while juggling her burgeoning career as an author and continuing to advise the hapless clients who have wandered into her web.
Below are brief character descriptions of some of the guest stars appearing this season:
- MERYL STREEP plays "Camilla Bowner," a consultant brought in by Kip's political handlers to re-orient Kip's wandering sexuality.
- DAVID SCHWIMMER plays "Newell Miller," the son of Fiona's college professor with whom she had a "romantic" encounter. Unbeknownst to Fiona and his father, Newell witnessed the traumatic event and Fiona has haunted him ever since. He is contacting her now on the advice of his new therapist to find closure, but Fiona has other ideas.
- ALAN CUMMING returns as Scottish billionaire media magnate "Austen Clarke," a new patient of Fiona's who quickly falls under her spell -- much to Fiona's romantic and professional benefit.
- ROSIE O'DONNELL plays "Maxine DeMaine," Austen's second-in-command, who is forced to edit Fiona's un-publishable book, most of which grossly offends her spiritual principles.
- CONAN O'BRIEN appears as himself, and contacts Fiona for help with a serious problem: he can't seem to express his anger at his sidekick, who often appears funnier than his boss.
- MINNIE DRIVER plays "Allegra Favreau," a B-movie actress and newly-sober reality star who options Fiona's memoir for a TV-movie starring herself.
- MOLLY SHANNON is "Kirsten Noble," a journalist and blogger whose postings on Fiona cause political problems for her husband -- but an uptick in business for Fiona.
- DAN BUCATINSKY continues as "Jerome Sokoloff," Fiona's assistant and ghost-writer, who clashes with Fiona when he shows unsettling signs of independence.
- SELMA BLAIR plays "Tammy Hines," a surrogate hired by Jerome and his wife and carrying their triplets, who arouses Fiona's suspicions when she asks for more money.
- JENNIFER ELISE COX plays "Gina Spinks," a former co-worker of Fiona's at the now-bankrupt financial firm which is under investigation by the SEC. She worships Fiona, whom she considers a mentor, but it doesn't stop her from spreading tales about Fiona during her fruitless job interviews.
- VICTOR GARBER continues as "Kip Wallice," Fiona's husband, a Philadelphia lawyer whose political ambitions -- and unconventional sexual life -- challenge Fiona's marriage and career.
- LILY TOMLIN continues as Fiona's unpredictable Bostonian mother "Putsy Hodge," whose residence in a psychiatric rehab facility has unintended consequences.
The series is created by Kudrow, Don Roos and Dan Bucatinsky for Is or Isn't Entertainment. Bucatinsky, Kudrow, Diane Charles and Ron Qurashi serve as executive producers, with Roos also serving as director. The original online WEB THERAPY episodes are sponsored by Lexus and can be seen on LStudios.com.
[04/24/15 - 10:07 AM] FYI(TM) Greenlights New Original Series "The Seven Year Switch" In the series, four couples at a crossroads in their relationship will get the chance to live with a stranger for two weeks, in an experimental marriage, to help determine what traits and characteristics in a mate could make their marriage stronger.
[04/24/15 - 09:22 AM] "Steve Harvey" Celebrates 500th Episode, Monday, April 27 Members of the studio audience will get the opportunity of a lifetime, as each day April 27 - May 1, one lucky person will be chosen to step into the "Steve Harvey Money Booth" and will be given 20 seconds to collect as much cash as they can.