[06/14/12 - 06:42 PM] Discovery Channel Announces "Mobster Confessions," Premiering Monday, June 25 at 9PM The six-part series documents "the lives of Mafia members who have come forward to share firsthand testimonies of their experiences amongst America's most notorious underground families."
[via press release from Discovery]
DISCOVERY CHANNEL ANNOUNCES "MOBSTER CONFESSIONS," PREMIERING MONDAY, JUNE 25 AT 9PM
- Six-Part Series Reveals the Insider Stories of Mafia Informants -
(Los Angeles, Ca.) -- In Discovery Channel's new series MOBSTER CONFESSIONS, Mafia informants come out of hiding to bravely tell their shocking stories while cinematic re-creations illustrate their extraordinary testimonies. The six-part series, premiering June 25 at 9PM on Discovery Channel, documents the lives of Mafia members who have come forward to share firsthand testimonies of their experiences amongst America's most notorious underground families. With re-enactments and compelling interviews, viewers will get a behind-the-scenes look into the illegal operations that eventually led to these men's arrests.
Featured in MOBSTER CONFESSIONS:
· Andrew DiDonato: A New York street thug is seduced by the power and protection of the Gambino crime family. When the family turns on him, he must choose between being hunted by the mob or working with authorities to bring them down.
· John Veasey: A troubled teen turned hitman kills for the Philadelphia mob but is later targeted by his own Mafia family. After surviving an attempted hit, he testifies against the men he once swore to protect.
· Frank Cullotta: The riches of a glittering life in Las Vegas tempt a man to do anything, even kill, for the Chicago Outfit. His world is turned upside down when an FBI sting reaches out to warn him that he's about to be whacked by his own Mafia family.
· Frank Calabrese Jr.: A son, desperate to escape the grip of his brutal Mafia father, faces a difficult decision: turn on his dad or be forced to continue a life of crime.
· Bill Cutolo Jr.: A son who idolizes his mobster father seeks revenge on his Mafia friends when his dad goes missing.
· "Big Ron" Previte: A crooked cop turned mob informant whose only motivation is money plays both sides, risking his life to help dismantle the Philadelphia mob.
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 210 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
[05/25/18 - 07:40 AM] Keith Olbermann to Expand Multi-Faceted ESPN Role Olbermann will combine select studio assignments with on-site opportunities, including calling the radio play-by-play with analyst Jim Bowden for Astros at Yankees on Memorial Day, Monday, May 28, at 1 p.m. ET on ESPN Radio.
[05/24/18 - 10:30 AM] "Baskets" Renewed for a Fourth Season on FX "'Baskets' continues to deliver thanks to the dream creative team led by Jonathan Krisel and Zach Galifianakis, and we couldn't be happier to order a fourth season to air next year," Eric Schrier said.
[05/24/18 - 09:29 AM] CMT Reveals New Summer Programming Slate "Bachelorette Weekend," premiering Thursday, August 2, follows the staff of Bach Weekend, a Nashville-based company specializing in creating once-in-a-lifetime bachelor/bachelorette experiences for would-be brides and grooms celebrating their final fling before the ring.