TLC GOES INSIDE THE WORLD OF COMPETITIVE ALL-STAR CHEERLEADING WITH "CHEER PERFECTION"
New special, from the producers of TODDLERS & TIARAS, premieres July 11 at 10/9c.
(Los Angeles, CA) - These aren't your average pom-pom girls - and their moms will make sure you know it. Trained by champion coach Alisha Dunlap, the pint-sized athletes of all-star cheerleading perform roundoffs and handsprings that demand every ounce of their precision and fitness. In TLC's newest special CHEER PERFECTION, the producers behind Toddlers & Tiaras explore this dynamic world, where cheerleading is as competitive for the parents as it is the kids. The special airs Wednesday, July 11, 10pm ET/PT.
Alisha expectsperfection from every child who steps on the floor of her Arkansas cheerleading gym - and she shows them just how to achieve it. Her gym's ultra-competitive moms wouldn't have it any other way, knowing their own status in the gym is tied to how talented their daughters are as cheerleaders. The special follows a week leading into tryouts for a new elite team, and captures the talent, drama, and rivalries that emerge as the young competitors - and their moms - do everything it takes to make the team. As some fight through injuries to show off their potential, others crack under the pressure, all in the hopes of displaying CHEER PERFECTION.
The women featured in CHEER PERFECTION include:
· Alisha, the head coach and co-owner of Cheer Time Revolution. A nationals-winning coach, Alisha trains champions and expects perfection. At the same time, no one can doubt her heart and her dedication to bringing the best out of her cheerleaders, and no one cheers louder than her when her trainees succeed. Her talented daughter Cassidee gets no special favors, but shows just as much enthusiasm as her mother. Alisha's husband, RD, works with her at the gym, and they have two additional daughters, Cambree and Chanlee.
· Ann, the mother of Torrann, sees herself as the top of the gym's pecking order. Passionate about winning, her perspective is "I don't spend all this money to lose."
· Bonnie, new to the gym, is the mother of Alana. She is determined to make Alisha notice her daughter, which could lead to a rivalry with Ann.
· Mandy, the mother of Olivia, puts her faith in Alisha to make her daughter a top cheerleader.
· Shannon, the mother of Brooke, finds herself caught between her desire to win and her fear for her daughter's injured back.
CHEER PERFECTION is produced for TLC by Authentic Entertainment. Executive Producers are Lauren Lexton, Tom Rogan and Michael Gara.