DISCOVERY CHANNEL'S "CURIOSITY" SERIES RETURNS IN OCTOBER
(Los Angeles, Ca.) - Last fall, the Discovery Channel introduced viewers to an unprecedented new series that brought the 'I wonder?' moment to television with a unique array of provocative subjects. We explored Atlantis, the sinking of the Titanic, and fourteen other puzzling mysteries. And this October, the series looks to uncover or answer some of the most iconic and enduring mysteries of science. What actually happens to a plane when it crashes? How is a mummy made? Why do people seemingly vanish into thin air in the Bermuda Triangle? What does Yellowstone look like from under the surface? And how was Stonehenge actually built? All of these questions and more will be explored in the new season of CURIOSITY, beginning in October.
Featured topics in the upcoming season of CURIOSITY:
· Plane Crash: In this groundbreaking experiment, scientists recreate a serious (but survivable) passenger jet crash landing in order to allow experts to study the crashworthiness or the aircraft as well of the impact of crashes on the human body.
· Mummy: In this radical experiment, a dying man gifts his body to scientists attempting to uncover the secrets of Ancient Egypt's best embalmers.
· Bermuda Triangle: Scientists dive into the fabled triangle, analyzing its wrecks and testing different theories on real boats and planes in order to reveal the truth behind the legend.
· Yellowstone: Scientists use the latest imaging technology to pierce the surface of our most iconic national park and see its habitat and ecosystem from the inside out.
· Stonehenge: How did the inhabitants move ninety multi-ton stones two hundred miles across land and sea to the ancient stone circle that has stood for over 4500 years?
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 210 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 210 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 130-plus worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as US joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour
3D network. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including HowStuffWorks.com. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.