[08/06/12 - 02:27 PM]
Kurt Sutter Issues "Sons of Anarchy" Season Five Premiere Challenge
Four of Sutter's Twitter follows could potentially come to Los Angeles and watch an episode with the cast and crew.

[via press release from FX]

I guess folks are confused about the parameters of the challenge. It's not a contest where you need to enter anything. Like last year, the challenge is to spread the word about the SOA premier on 9/11, then if we get the uptick, I choose 4 fans to join us for the celebration. Last year, I chose winners based on seniority and substantial contribution. This year it'll be more of a lottery. I'll take all my followers on Twitter (I'm assuming most people that follow on Facebook, YouTube and this blog also follow on Twitter... if not, follow now) then I'll pick four random numbers from 1 to whatever my total followers are on that day. The first four US-based names will win. I'll do what I did last year and also chose four random international winners and send them swag baskets.

I'm doing it again bitches. Can you make my motherfucking dreams come true and party with the SONS like it's 1967?

With every passing season, more and more fans are watching Sons off their DVR and other devices. Such is the future of television. SOA had a huge jump when the show caught fire between seasons one and two. We grew almost 90%, which was fucking crazy. It settled back down the next season; we only had a marginal bump between seasons two and three and then we upticked in season four to become the MOST WATCHED show ever on FX. You know I'm still semi-erect about that shit.

I know how unlikely it is to beat those numbers. Shows begin to lose viewers in later seasons and with more and more people watching the show through, you know... questionable means, it's hard to get people in front of a television these days. Destination TV is becoming a thing of the past. Especially if you have a Nielsen box in your homes.

So in SEASON FIVE the challenge is simple: ANY PERCENTAGE of a bump in 18-49 or household viewers and I pick... let's say FOUR viewers to come to Los Angeles and watch an episode of SOA with me, the cast and a few of my closest birds. We'll fly you out, put you up and turn you on. We'll also include your visit in the season 5 DVD additional content FAN APPRECIATION CHALLENGE.

So pass it on to the cyber-universe and all orbiting bodies with Nielsen boxes -- watch September 11th.

That's right, 9/11 bitches -- we're gonna blow some shit up... too soon?

I love you.

at 8/02/2012 07:42:00 AM Posted by Kurt Sutter

[august 2012]

[10/24/16 - 02:45 PM]
"Frozen," Walt Disney Animation Studios' Blockbuster Film, Makes Its Network Broadcast Premiere on ABC This Holiday Season
Look for "The Making of Frozen: A Return to Arendelle" that same night, Sunday, December 11 on the Alphabet.

[10/24/16 - 02:19 PM]
Video: MTV's "Sweet/Vicious" First Look Promos!
MTV's new series starring Eliza Bennett and Taylor Dearden and created by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson premieres November 15.

[10/24/16 - 01:21 PM]
TLC & Discovery Family to Premiere "Unichef: Uniting Through Food" on Thursday, November 17
The special will premiere at 7/6c on TLC followed by an encore presentation at 9/8c on Discovery Family Channel.

[10/24/16 - 01:20 PM]
Louis C.K., Ryan Reynolds, Tracy Morgan and More Join the Guest List as TBS's "Conan" Heads to New York for a Week of Shows
It will also continue O'Brien's string of innovative road show broadcasts from cities across the United States and around the globe.

[10/24/16 - 12:38 PM]
Food Network Gets Festive for the Holidays with the Return of "Cake Wars: Christmas"
Jonathan Bennett hosts the six hour-long episodes filled with the most over-the-top Christmas cake confections ever seen.

[10/24/16 - 11:21 AM]
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas" 2016 Original Movie Premieres
"Love Always, Santa" will kick things off Sunday, November 6 on the cable channel.

[10/24/16 - 11:15 AM]
National Geographic Channel Announces Unprecedented and Historic Global Release of "Before the Flood"
"In our minds, there is no more important story to tell, no more important issue facing our planet than that of climate change," said Courteney Monroe.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
"Underfire: The Untold Story of PFC. Tony Vaccaro," Recounting the Life of a WWII Combat Infantryman and War Photographer, Debuts Nov. 14 on HBO
The film chronicles the life and vision of this remarkable man, exploring how photography defines the way the public perceives armed conflict, and revealing the sheer difficulty of survival while taking photos in a war zone.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
The CW Orders New Seasons of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?," "Penn & Teller: Fool Us," and "Masters of Illusion" for Summer 2017
The new seasons of these series will return as part of The CW's 2017 Summer schedule, with dates and times to be announced later.

[10/24/16 - 10:23 AM]
Video: Four New Promos for FX's New Drama Series "Taboo" Starring Tom Hardy
The new original series from Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott premieres early 2017.

[10/24/16 - 10:09 AM]
Video: Amazon Releases Retro 80s Commercial for "Red Oaks" Season 2
Look for the new season to premiere on Amazon Prime Video November 11.

[10/24/16 - 09:13 AM]
Amazon Original Series "The Grand Tour" Announces Studio Recording in Nashville, TN
"The Grand Tour" will launch in 4K on Friday, November 18 exclusively for Amazon Prime members.

[10/24/16 - 08:54 AM]
Seahawks-Cardinals "SNF" Leads Preliminary Results for the Night Among the Big 4 in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Sunday, October 23.

[10/24/16 - 08:43 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Sunday Night Football" Keeps NBC on Top
The Peacock once again leads the evening among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/24/16 - 07:55 AM]
Mike Tirico to Make Horse Racing Debut as Host of NBC's Primetime Coverage of the 2016 Breeders' Cup
"What a great event and venue for my maiden voyage with our incredibly talented horse racing team," Tirico said.