TNT to Provide Comprehensive Live Coverage of NBA All-Star 2013 in Houston
Network to Televise More Than 17 Hours of Live All-Star Coverage Feb. 14-17
BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on Feb. 15 at 9 p.m. ET; State Farm All-Star Saturday Night on Feb. 16 at 8 p.m.;
2013 NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia Motors on Feb. 17 at 7 p.m.
For the 11th consecutive year, TNT will be the exclusive home of extensive live NBA All-Star coverage including all of the marquee events from Houston in 2013. The network will present more than 17 hours of action featuring the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, Feb. 15, at 9 p.m. ET and the State Farm All-Star Saturday Night on Saturday, Feb. 16, at 8 p.m. The weekend will culminate with the 62nd annual NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia Motors on Sunday, Feb. 17, at 7 p.m. The NBA All-Star Game will showcase the league's biggest stars with the East led by Miami's LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, New York's Carmelo Anthony and Boston's Kevin Garnett facing the West including the Lakers' Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard, the Clippers' Chris Paul and Blake Griffin and Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant.
TNT's coverage from Houston will begin Thursday, Feb. 14, with the TNT NBA Tip-Off Presented by AutoTrader.com - hosted by Ernie Johnson with analysts Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal and Kenny Smith - originating live on site as part of the network's exclusive doubleheader featuring Miami vs. Oklahoma City at 8 p.m., followed by the Los Angeles Lakers vs. L.A. Clippers at 10:30 p.m. TNT's Sports Emmy Award-winning Inside the NBA presented by Hyundai, with Johnson, Barkley, O'Neal and Smith, will be live from Houston throughout the weekend including regular appearances by analyst Chris Webber.
NBA on TNT All-Star highlights:
Friday, February 15
· TNT will televise exclusive live coverage of the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge at 9 p.m. featuring the top young talent in the game including Cleveland's Kyrie Irving, Portland's Damian Lillard, New Orleans' Anthony Davis and Washington's Bradley Beal.
· Barkley and O'Neal will serve as general managers and will draft their respective teams - consisting of rookie and sophomore players -Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. during the network's one-hour pregame show.
· Matt Winer will provide play-by-play for the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge with analysts Webber and Mike Fratello and reporter Craig Sager.
· Inside the NBA, with Johnson, Barkley, O'Neal and guest analyst Karl Malone, will provide highlights and analysis at halftime and following the game.
Saturday, February 16
· State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, including the Sears Shooting Stars competition, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Contest and Sprite Slam Dunk contest, will be televised live with coverage beginning at 8 p.m.
· Kevin Harlan will call the Sears Shooting Stars, Taco Bell Skills Challenge and Foot Locker Three-Point Contest with analysts Reggie Miller and Kenny Smith. Harlan will provide commentary for the Sprite Slam Dunk contest with analysts Barkley, O'Neal and Smith. Rick Fox will serve as a correspondent throughout the evening.
· This year's State Farm All-Star Saturday Night coverage will feature a new East vs. West format, with points tallied throughout the evening, in an exciting night of competition that will also raise money for charity.
· Participants for State Farm All-Star Saturday Night will be announced during TNT's NBA pregame show Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m.
· Preceding State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, TNT will televise Open Court: All-Star presented by Gillette Fusion ProGlide at 7 p.m. The critically-acclaimed, one-hour roundtable discussion will be hosted by Johnson with Barkley, Miller, Steve Kerr, O'Neal, Kenny Smith, Webber and Steve Smith.
· Immediately following State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, TNT will televise Sir Charles at 50, a one-hour show in which Charles Barkley reflects on his legacy as he nears his 50th birthday. Johnson will conduct the interview with his Inside the NBA colleague.
Sunday, February 17
· TNT will exclusively televise the 2013 NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia Motors with coverage beginning at 7 p.m. with the NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com. Johnson will host the pre-game coverage with Barkley, O'Neal, Smith and Webber.
· Marv Albert will call the game with analysts Steve Kerr and Miller and reporters David Aldridge and Sager.
TNT Overtime, a live video player offering a companion experience during TNT's live NBA coverage, will debut a redesigned version for NBA All-Star. The player will continue to offer alternative camera angles, now in high definition, throughout TNT's on-air presentation and will now feature:
· Video Highlights - fans can play back key plays during the game via in-game highlights.
· Fan Excitement Meter & Fanscape Map - fans can feel the pulse of social conversation including which geographical areas are most engaged via social platforms and which NBA topics are receiving the most buzz during NBA All-Star events.
· On the Court - fans can easily track which players are on the court, along with in-depth statistics and the ability to compare game performance with a player's season averages.
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in televised and multimedia sports content, airing championship-level sporting events on TBS, TNT and truTV, and managing some of the most popular digital sports brands. Turner Sports' television lineup includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship, NASCAR and professional golf. The company's digital portfolio includes Bleacher Report, NCAA.com and March Madness Live, and PGA.com, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile websites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
TNT is television's destination for drama. Seen in 99 million households and ranking among cable's top networks, TNT is home to such original drama series as Rizzoli & Isles, Falling Skies, Dallas, Major Crimes, Perception, Franklin & Bash, Southland and the upcoming Monday Mornings. The network also features dramatic unscripted originals like the upcoming Boston's Finest, 72 Hours and The Hero. In addition, TNT is the cable home to popular dramas like Castle, The Mentalist, Bones, Supernatural, Smallville and Law & Order; primetime specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild Awards(R); blockbuster movies; and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR, the NBA and the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.