USA NETWORK AND "PSYCH" CAST HOST FIRST-EVER, SOCIALLY CHARGED ALL-NIGHT SLUMBER PARTY ON AIR FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15 BEGINNING AT MIDNIGHT 'TIL 6AM SATURDAY
REAL-TIME SOCIAL ACTIVATIONS ENGAGE FANS FOR SEVEN EPISODES
OVER SIX HOURS WITH ZERO SLEEP
Season 7 of PSYCH Premieres Wednesday, February 27 at 10/9c
NEW YORK - FEBRUARY 12, 2013 - Using their proven track record in Social TV, USA Network and the cast of PSYCH are teaming up with the series' devoted fanbase to socially charge the first-ever, on-air Slumber Party, Friday, February 15th, starting at midnight and concluding Saturday 6am ET. The network is reinventing the viewer's choice marathon by making it a social, real-time party in which fans share the screen with the cast while watching at home. James Roday, Dulé Hill, Maggie Lawson and Tim Omundson will ham it up on screen through custom slumber party skits, while self-professed PSYCH-Os can get in on the action through an on-air Twitter ticker, video Touts, second screen trivia and prize giveaways, and GetGlue exclusive stickers. Fans can track all the slumber Party activity via an online HQ, aptly named PSYCHVille and accessible at PSYCH.usanetwork.com. This one-of-a-kind event leads into the seventh season of PSYCH premiering on Wednesday, February 27 at 10/9c.
"Using the power of social innovation, we are redefining the traditional on-air marathon stunt by leveraging a tried and true nostalgic theme and creating compelling social offerings that make it a 'must experience' event for fans," said Alexandra Shapiro, USA's EVP, marketing & digital. "This seven-hour party will harness in real time the passion and creativity of the cast, the producers, the writers and the fans who together will give new meaning to all-night TV binge watching."
The PSYCH SLUMBER PARTY fun will go on until dawn with live activities including:
· On-Air Social Ticker - The cast and fans will tweet using #PSYCHSlumberParty to share favorite PSYCH moments and sentiments, many of which will be highlighted on air all night long.
· Live Tout-to-Air - Fans who record and upload Touts (15-second videos) using #PsychSlumberParty could see their messages on air; USA will air select Touts during each episode.
· Pre-Party Prize-a-Thon - From 10/9c - midnight, USA will get fans in a pineapple state of mind by giving away 120 prizes in 120 minutes.
· Pineapple Code Word Hunt - Unique pineapple code words appearing on air each hour will enable fans to unlock the online entry point to win a trip to the set of PSYCH.
· Prank Calls from the Cast - James Roday and Dulé Hill will send out prank calls to fans before and during the all-night slumber party.
· Get Glue Fan Stickers - Users who check in will earn limited edition slumber party stickers featuring seven original caricatures by super PSYCH fan Derek Wehrwein (@DerekWehrwein).
· Psychville - USA's social media hub at Psych.usanetwork.com will allow fans to easily follow and engage in the all-night online action.
Fans wanting to see more of PSYCH can watch a 20-episode marathon on VOD hosted by Roday and Hill who selected their favorites and personally introduce each one.
Season seven of PSYCH will explore Gus' (Hill) personal life, feature the wedding of one of the main characters and deliver new 'PSYCH-isms' crafted for the series' legions of devoted fans, affectionately known as PSYCH-Os. Parminder Nagra will recur as Gus' girlfriend, exposing his romantic side and creating jealousy with Shawn. Additional guests include Katy Mixon, Garcelle Beauvais, Jeffrey Tambor, WWE's Big Show, as well as the return of Cybill Shepherd and Kristy Swanson.
The #1 network in all of basic cable for seven consecutive years, USA Network is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. USA is a leader in scripted programming with a powerful stable of originals, spectacular live television and is home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, a broad portfolio of acquired series and entertainment events. Viewers come to USA to find television's best in critically-acclaimed and award-winning original programming. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. The award-winning website is located at www.usanetwork.com . Characters Welcome.