ESPN's 2013 Labor Day, Thursday and Friday ACC Football Schedule Announced
A Labor Day prime time game, five Thursday Night matchups, and two Friday telecasts are among the games involving Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) teams slated for ESPN's 2013 college football schedule. Additional games will be announced. Highlights include:
· ESPN's Labor Day prime time telecast on Monday, Sept. 2, at 8 p.m. ET will mark the ACC debut for Pittsburgh with the Panthers hosting defending conference champion Florida State. Florida State finished last season with a 12-2 overall record, including a win in the Discover Orange Bowl over Northern Illinois. The only eight meetings between the programs occurred between 1971 and 1983 with Pittsburgh holding a 5-3 edge in the series.
· ESPN's popular Thursday night series -- ESPN College Football Primetime - will include North Carolina at South Carolina on August 29 and four ACC matchups highlighted by:
· Clemson, coming off an 11-2 record in 2012 including a 25-24 victory over LSU in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, will make two appearances: at Atlantic Division rival NC State on September 19 and against 2012 conference championship game participant Georgia Tech, coming off a 21-7 victory over USC in the Sun Bowl, on November 14.
· Miami (Fla.) and North Carolina, the top two teams in the Coastal Division in 2012, will meet on October 17.
· ESPN networks will televise two Friday telecasts involving the ACC, including Miami (Fla.) at Pittsburgh on November 29, the Friday after Thanksgiving.
The 2013 ACC Labor Day, Thursday and Friday schedule (additional selections to be announced):
Date Time (ET) Game Network
Thu, Aug 29 TBD North Carolina at South Carolina ESPN
Mon, Sep 2 8 p.m. Florida State at Pittsburgh ESPN
Fri, Sep 6 8 p.m. Wake Forest at Boston College ESPN or ESPN2
Thu, Sep 19 TBD Clemson at NC State ESPN
Thu, Sep 26 TBD Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech ESPN
Thu, Oct 17 TBD Miami (Fla.) at North Carolina ESPN
Thu, Nov 14 TBD Georgia Tech at Clemson ESPN
Fri, Nov 29 TBD Miami (Fla.) at Pittsburgh ABC, ESPN or ESPN2