[03/27/13 - 01:27 PM]
NBC News Exclusive: Savannah Guthrie Sits Down with Cate Edwards Who Speaks Out for the First Time
Said interview will air Friday, March 29 on "Today" and "Rock Center with Brian Williams."

NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: SAVANNAH GUTHRIE SITS DOWN WITH CATE EDWARDS WHO SPEAKS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME

Exclusive Interview to Air Friday, March 29 on "Today" and "Rock Center with Brian Williams"

NEW YORK - March 27, 2013 - In a NBC News exclusive, Cate Edwards speaks out for the first time in a candid and intimate conversation with Savannah Guthrie. The eldest daughter of John Edwards, former Democratic presidential candidate, Cate Edwards opens up to Savannah Guthrie about her mother who lost a six-year battle with breast cancer and for whom she created the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation. She also discusses her father's affair, Rielle Hunter, and her half-sister Quinn. The exclusive interview will air on Friday, March 29 on "Today" and "Rock Center with Brian Williams."

Following are excerpts from the interview. If used, mandatory credit with airdate is required: Savannah Guthrie, "Today" and "Rock Center with Brian Williams" airing March 29

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: Well, it's been a little more than two years, right, since she passed? And I think if you have never lost a parent, it's hard to understand what that grief is like. But I imagine you miss her every day.

CATE EDWARDS: Yeah. For sure. Not a day goes by. You know, it's interesting. I miss her in sort of big ways and small ways. You know, it's big things that go by, like my wedding. She wasn't able to be there. But we got to talk about it. And I felt incredibly lucky that I got the chance to even have that conversation with her. And I sort of carried out some of her vision which was great to sort of feel her presence there even though she wasn't actually there. And then there are small things. I mean, I get away with bad grammar. I never used to get away with bad grammar. You know, I find a great deal online. We were super competitive about finding the best deal online.

###

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: What did you think when you first found out about what had happened with your dad and this affair? Did you first find out about it from him?

CATE EDWARDS: Yes, he told me. I guess he and my mom decided that that was, you know, how it needed to be done. So yeah, I was devastated. And I was disappointed. I mean, these are my parents. I had grown up with a lot of love in my family. And it was hard to see them go through this.

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: Were you mad?

CATE EDWARDS: Yeah, yeah, of course.

###

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: I would be remiss if I didn't ask you. Rielle Hunter. Have you ever met her?

CATE EDWARDS: I have, a long time ago, early in the campaign. SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: I'm sure she's not someone you spend a great deal of time thinking about.

CATE EDWARDS: That's correct.

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: You know, she wrote a book. And she said some pretty unpleasant things about your mom. I'm not gonna repeat them. But did that make you mad?

CATE EDWARDS: Yeah, of course. Yeah, I mean -- I just thought it was -- I thought it was a poor choice, I guess, is all I can say.

###

Don Nash is the executive producer of "Today" (Mon. - Fri. 7-11am). David Corvo is the senior executive producer, Alexandra Wallace is the executive producer and Brian Williams is the anchor and managing editor of "Rock Center with Brian Williams" (Fridays 10p/9c).

[march 2013]

· ROCK CENTER WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS (NBC)

[01/26/15 - 10:04 AM]
"Chain Reaction" Returns to GSN - 40 New Episodes of the Popular Word Association Game to Launch in 2015
This marks the first new episodes of the series since 2007.

[01/26/15 - 10:02 AM]
Donald Trump to Announce Winner of NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Live Two-Hour Telecast, Monday, Feb. 16 at 8 P.M.
Plus: look for "The Celebrity Apprentice: Top Feuds, Firings and Fails" on Monday, February 9 at 8:00/7:00c.

[01/26/15 - 10:01 AM]
David Tennant Joins "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones" for Netflix
He'll play the villainous Kilgrave, an enigmatic figure from Jessica's past, in the project.

[01/26/15 - 09:45 AM]
"The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst," Groundbreaking New Series Unraveling One of the Most Notorious Unsolved Crimes in New York History, Debuts Feb. 8, Exclusively on HBO
Other episodes of "The Jinx" debut subsequent Sundays at the same time through March 15.

[01/26/15 - 09:11 AM]
Nat Geo WILD's Fully Inflated "Fish Bowl II" Set for Super Bowl Sunday
This year Goldie is taking her show on the road, heading to a farm with a clownfish friend to visit some of Dr. Pol's closest animal pals.

[01/26/15 - 09:02 AM]
Carrie Underwood to Perform Special "Waiting All Day for a Super Bowl Fight" Feb. 1 on NBC
"I'm so honored to again be a part of the Super Bowl, this time joining NBC Sports in helping kick everything off! I can't wait to watch the game!" said Underwood.

[01/26/15 - 09:01 AM]
Will Ferrell & Kevin Hart to Appear & Ariana Grande to Perform Live on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" Feb. 1 Post-Super Bowl Show
Michael Keaton, Gwen Stefani, Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Young, Vin Diesel, Carl Reiner, Will Smith, Rosamund Pike and Jack White are among the scheduled guests to follow that week.

[01/26/15 - 09:01 AM]
The "50th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards" Will Be Extended by a Half-Hour in Celebration of Its Golden Anniversary, Sunday, April 19 on CBS
As previously announced, ACM Award winners Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan will return to co-host this super-sized night of incredible country music performances.

[01/26/15 - 08:48 AM]
"The 63rd Annual Miss Universe Pageant" Earned the Event's Top 18-49 Score Since August 23, 2009 and Was the Most-Watched Since July 23, 2006
NBC spins the numbers for Sunday, January 25.

[01/26/15 - 08:35 AM]
School's Out for Ten Skilled Cooks Battling for Grand Prize in New Food Network Series "All-Star Academy"
Ted Allen hosts the series with Bobby Flay, Alex Guarnaschelli, Curtis Stone and Michael Symon serving as judges.

[01/26/15 - 08:30 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Miss Universe Pageant" Powers NBC to Demo Victory
Plus: CBS leads the night among total viewers.

[01/26/15 - 08:03 AM]
NBC Sports Group Adds Hall of Fame Driver Dale Jarrett to NASCAR Broadcast Team
He'll serve as a pre- and post-race analyst during live coverage of select NASCAR Sprint Cup and NASCAR Xfinity Series racing on NBC and NBCSN.

[01/26/15 - 07:36 AM]
"Super" Weekend Features First-Place Chelsea Hosting Second-Place Man City This Sat. at 12:30 PM ET on NBC; Live On-Site Studio Coverage from Arizona
Rebecca Lowe will host the show beginning at 7 a.m. ET on Saturday, and continuing throughout the weekend.

[01/26/15 - 07:32 AM]
FOX NASCAR Commences 15th Year with Expanded Coverage Including NASCAR Xfinity Series
Mike Joy, Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and Larry McReynolds, the original FOX Sports broadcast team which began its NASCAR run at the 2001 Daytona 500, return to the booth for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races on FOX and FOX Sports 1.

[01/26/15 - 07:01 AM]
Frisky Turns Felonious On Investigation Discovery's New Series - "Sex Sent Me to the Slammer" Premiering February 6
Look for back-to-back half-hour episodes on Friday nights at 10:00/9:00c.