WARNER BROS. TAKES THE "TITANS" OUT OF THE BOX
STUDIO POPS UP A FREE, FUN FAMILY-FRIENDLY "LAWN CON"
DESTINATION FOR COMIC-CON(R) 2013, COMPLETE WITH
LIVE DJS AND PICNIC-STYLE SEATING
Pose with Gigantic Blowups of Teen Titans Go!'s Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin and
Starfire; Explore Life-Size LEGO(R) Model of The Hobbit Trilogy's Bag End and
Characters; Check Out Life-Size LEGO(R) Models of DC Comics' Batman, Robin and
The Joker; and Hitch a Ride with the Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo
BURBANK, Calif. (July 16, 2013) - Warner Bros. Entertainment takes over the grounds at San Diego's Bayfront Park throughout Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 to prove the pop culture convention isn't just for big kids - there's tons of family fun to be had (for free!) with wee ones, too. Popping up a colorful assortment of characters and replicas from Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Warner Bros. Pictures, the free and fun "Lawn Con" - located just steps from the convention floor, between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel - will be open to the public from Thursday, July 18-Sunday, July 21, and will boast some of the biggest Titans at SDCC ... literally.
· Fans can see how they measure up next to gigantic blown-up versions of Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin and Starfire - ranging from 17-30 feet tall! - from the hit Warner Bros. Animation series Teen Titans Go! (Tuesday nights at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network).
· As seen in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, fans can visit a life-size LEGO(R) model of Bag End, Bilbo Baggins' underground home, complete with characters Gandalf, Dwalin and Bilbo, himself, among others. To see the making of these life-size builds, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_CFCkXy4o. [The Hobbit Trilogy is a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM).]
· DC Comics fans won't want to miss the chance to stand side-by-side life-size LEGO(R) models of the Dynamic Duo - Batman and Robin - as well as Super-Villain, The Joker, on display.
· Scooby-Doo and the Gang wouldn't be able to solve half as many mysteries without the reliable Mystery Machine to transport them from town to town ... and it'll be parked on the lawn for all to see!
· Also on the lawn is a family picnic area with bench seating, providing the perfect spot to kick back and grab a snack, day or evening (with lighting for night).
· Plus, groove to the sounds of a live DJ, sponsored by Eventmaker! Different DJs will be performing Thursday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Fans and their families can visit the "Lawn Con" displays each day throughout Comic-Con in Bayfront Park's grassy expanse behind the convention center.
For continuing info on the Studio's plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter @Comic_Con.