ESPN's 2014 ACC Labor Day, Thursday and Friday Football Schedule
ESPN's 2014 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) college football schedule will include a Labor Day prime time contest, five Thursday night matchups, and three Friday telecasts. Additional games will be announced. Highlights:
· ESPN's 2014 Labor Day prime-time telecast Monday, Sept. 1, at 8 p.m. ET will feature Louisville - playing its first game as a member of the ACC - against Miami (Fla.), marking the second straight season a new member of the conference will make its debut in the marquee Monday game (Pittsburgh lost to eventual National Champion Florida State last year). Louisville has won the last two games against the Hurricanes, including a 36-9 win in the 2013 Russell Athletic Bowl and a 31-7 victory in their last regular-season meeting in 2006.
· ESPN's popular Thursday night series -- ESPN College Football Primetime - will include five ACC matchups:
· Virginia Tech - which has played more Thursday night games on ESPN than any other program with 27 - will continue its streak of Thursday night appearances with two games: at Pittsburgh on October 16 and against Miami (Fla.) on October 23. Virginia Tech has also played at least one ESPN Thursday night game every year since 2002, marking the longest streak among all teams.
· Defending National Champion Florida State will visit new ACC member Louisville on October 30.
· Clemson, which finished the 2013 season with a 40-35 victory over Ohio State in the Discover Orange Bowl, will visit Wake Forest on November 6.
· Duke, coming off a 10-4 record and appearance in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, will host in-state rival North Carolina on November 20.
· ESPN networks will televise three Friday telecasts involving the ACC, including Pittsburgh at Boston College on September 5, Louisville at Syracuse on October 3 and Virginia at Virginia Tech on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
The 2014 ACC Labor Day, Thursday and Friday schedule (additional selections to be announced):
Date Time (ET) Game Network
Mon, Sep 1 8 p.m. Miami (Fla.) at Louisville ESPN
Fri, Sep 5 TBD Pittsburgh at Boston College ESPN or ESPN2
Fri, Oct 3 TBD Louisville at Syracuse ESPN or ESPN2
Thu, Oct 16 TBD Virginia Tech at Pittsburgh ESPN
Thu, Oct 23 TBD Miami (Fla.) at Virginia Tech ESPN
Thu, Oct 30 TBD Florida State at Louisville ESPN
Thu, Nov 6 TBD Clemson at Wake Forest ESPN
Thu, Nov 20 TBD North Carolina at Duke ESPN
Fri, Nov 28 TBD Virginia at Virginia Tech TBD