INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY AND DAYTIME DIVA WENDY WILLIAMS SAY "FORGET YOU" FOR VALENTINE'S DAY!
- FORGET YOU Week Kicks off Friday, February 7 at 8/7c Culminating in the Anti-Valentine's
Day Special, "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover" Premiering February 14
Investigation Discovery will "celebrate" Valentine's Day in its own unique style with its first-ever FORGET YOU WEEK, anchored by daytime talk personality Wendy Williams, who also hosts the original special 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER. Love hurts on ID's anti-Valentine's Day special, as we reveal breakup tactics taken by real people spurned by lousy lovers using recreations and interviews with the old flames. But before feeling the sting of Cupid's acid laced arrows, FORGET YOU WEEK primes viewers for the darkly funny special with an on-air watch & win sweepstakes, as well as digital extensions including a "Relationship Personality Quiz" and March Madness-style "Break-up Bracket."
ID kicks off the first-ever FORGET YOU week, launching Friday, February 7, where fans can tune into the 8/7c broadcast each night for a code to enter to win a $5,000 retail therapy shopping spree on www.InvestigationDiscovery.com. And lovelorn viewers have another outlet for their angst on ID's digital and social channels with the following initiatives beginning Saturday, February 1:
· Relationship Personality Quiz - take the test to see where you stand. Are you a DIVA or a DOORMAT, a BULLDOZER or HOPELESS ROMANTIC? The answer will give you useful tips to take into your next meaningful partnership with the hopes of living happily ever after.
· Break Up Bracket - A March Madness-style bracket where users will pick the best way to end it with a significant other. Whether you deliver the news in person or over the phone, or take a more insensitive tactic such as a sending an outsider to deliver the news or even a creative skywriting message -- the winning way to ditch a loser will be crowned on Valentine's Day.
· Funny Valentine's Day E-Cards- Enjoy these shareable images with tag lines like, "I've been 'arrested' by your love" or "My love for you has me serving 25 years to life"
· Selfies Without Sympathy Contest- Viewers are invited to take to Facebook and Instagram and post images of themselves with faces mostly hidden by a piece of paper on which they've written or drawn their favorite - or their own - revenge quote.
Everyone has their own list of deal breakers in a relationship, but a select few warrant the ballistic responses witnessed in ID's all-new Valentine's Day special, 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER, premiering Friday, February 14 at 10/9c . Maybe your lover never keeps his word. Maybe they're second-rate in the sack. Maybe he hates your friends or, even worse, he's cheated on you with one of them. As Paul Simon sings it, "There must be fifty ways to leave your lover." Host Wendy Williams is the viewer's best friend giving advice and relatable wisdom as she turns the camera onto breakup stories that are stranger than any tabloid rumor. Three stories of damning dismissal featured in 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER are as follows:
· It's love at first sight for Jennifer Klinkhammer and Leshaun Meane when they meet at a car show. Jennifer is so head-over-stripper heels for Leshaun that the exotic dancer offers to move him to Houston where she can be his personal sugar momma. But when Leshaun starts sampling other sweets in the candy store, Jennifer goes on a rampage to teach the lothario a lesson. Location: Chicago, IL/Houston, TX
· Truckers Roger and Kathy are on a highway of love when this couple's romance goes from 0 to 60 almost immediately. They zoom full speed ahead into marriage, but Roger can't seem to steer clear of female temptations while on the road. When Kathy catches on, she boils over and the two face off in divorce court. Roger emerges victorious but Kathy gets revenge by revving her engine and putting her pedal to the metal...right through Roger's house. Location: Muskegon County, MI
· Kierra Reed and Henry "Man Gizzle" Brown seem destined to be together. Kierra is dazzled by her boyfriend's ambition to be the next greatest rap star. But that success comes with a price. When Henry enters the club to take the stage, he becomes a totally different person...one who plays her for a fool. Kierra confronts him, hoping he'll change his tune and surprise her with a ring. Instead, this Jekyll and Hyde offers a love song gone wrong and when Kierra catches him again, she erupts with a volcanic fury that eventually lands her in jail. Location: Cincinnati, OH
50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER is produced for Investigation Discovery by Indigo Films with David M. Frank as executive producer, Carl Schick and Paul Sauer as supervising producers, and Chris Leavell as vice president of content. For Investigation Discovery, John Terp is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, Kevin Bennett is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is group president.
About Wendy Williams
Mother, wife, media mogul, entrepreneur, performer and best-selling author, Wendy Williams is best known for her long-running talk show "The Wendy Williams Show." Named one of the "35 Most Powerful People in Media" by The Hollywood Reporter in both 2012 and 2013, Williams' nationally-syndicated weekday program was hailed a "breakthrough in daytime" by The New York Times when it launched in 2009. The show now airs in 52 countries, on BET at midnight, launched its fifth season in fall 2013 and has been renewed through 2017. Prior to achieving success in daytime television, Williams built a devoted audience of fans throughout an enormously successful 23-year career in radio. "The Wendy Williams Experience" was Williams' top-rated, daily radio show. Syndicated nationally, it aired on WBLS in New York and was listened to by an audience of more than 12 million people. One of the most popular personalities in radio, Williams was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame in November of 2009 - one of only a handful of women with that honor.
About Investigation Discovery
Investigation Discovery (ID) is the leading mystery-and-suspense network on television and America's favorite "guilty pleasure." From harrowing crimes and salacious scandals to the in-depth investigations and heart-breaking mysteries that result, ID challenges our everyday understanding of culture, society and the human condition. One of our nation's fastest growing cable networks, ID delivers the highest-quality programming to nearly 85 million U.S. households and is available in both high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD). For more information, please visit InvestigationDiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or twitter.com/DiscoveryID. Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications, the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 218 countries and territories.