NUVOtv ANNOUNCES POWERFUL ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING SLATE FOR SPRING 2014, ADDING FOUR FIRST-RUN SERIES TO NEWORK'S PRIMETIME LINE-UP
LOS ANGELES, CA, February 6, 2014 - On the heels of the successful world premiere of DEXTER on basic cable, NUVOtv, the leading English-language destination for Latino entertainment, today revealed its dynamic programming lineup of new and returning original series for spring 2014. NUVOtv - less than a year after making global headlines by announcing a new partnership with Jennifer Lopez as its Chief Creative Officer - is expanding its commitment to high quality original content while accelerating its momentum with captivating shows that highlight its unique focus and ability to offer broadly appealing entertainment from a Latino perspective.
"Last year marked the beginning of an exciting new chapter for NUVOtv, and I believe 2014 will exceed all expectations," said Bill Hilary, EVP Programming. "With our new slate of original series, NUVOtv will continue to provide even more quality Latino entertainment across several genres. This is programming that resonates with our core young Latino audience and is equally engaging and entertaining for all viewers."
According to Hilary, NUVOtv's original slate will offer best-in-category non-fiction programming that will be both character- and story-driven. Whether focusing on up-and-coming filmmakers, love-seeking salsa dancers, comedy, music, or rookie boxers trying to make it while toiling in "Sin City," viewers will be treated to highly compelling drama by each series.
New shows premiering on the network include:
· The Collective (March 6, 8pm ET/PT), a weekly series featuring select DJs and celebrity tastemakers who will offer their personal music picks of the week and share what's trending in music, fashion, live events, viral videos, and more.
· Nu Point of View: The Emerging Latino Filmmakers (March 19, 8pm ET/PT), a quarterly film showcase hosted by the acclaimed Filly Brown star Gina Rodriguez that gives the opportunity to talented writers, producers and directors to bring their passion projects to the national stage.
· Knockout (Wednesdays beginning April 9 at 10pm ET/PT), a new competition series where rookie boxers come to Las Vegas to train with top legends of the ring including Ruben Guerrero and Floyd Mayweather Sr.
· Love and Salsa (Tuesdays beginning May 6 at 10pm ET/PT), a new match-making competition series in which contestants will have to select a partner with whom they have chemistry to create fireworks on the dance floor. This new series is executive produced by Mario Lopez, Mark Schulman of 3 Arts Entertainment and Gil Lopez of Gordo Entertainment in association with JAAM Productions.
Meanwhile, returning to NUVOtv are:
· Dexter (Season two premieres February 24, with back-to-back episodes Mondays starting at 9pm ET/PT), features Dexter Morgan as America's favorite serial killer. As a Miami forensics expert, he spends his days solving crimes and nights committing them. Golden Globe(R) winner Michael C. Hall stars in the hit Showtime Original Series, which features a stellar cast of Latino actors including recent Alma-award winner Lauren Velez, David Zayas, Aimee Garcia, Christian Camargo, Edward James Olmos and Jimmy Smits, among others.
· Stand Up & Deliver: Cabo San Lucas (Season two premiered on January 28, with new episodes Tuesdays at 10pm ET/PT), hosted by Julissa Bermudez and Jose Sarduy, this comedy program showcases the hottest up and comic comics, shot on location at the Cabo San Lucas Comedy Festival.
· Mario Lopez: One-on-One (Season two premieres June 3, with new episodes Tuesdays at 10:30pm ET/PT) with host Mario Lopez, this Hollywood insider interview show will feature a new lineup of all-star Latino talent. This returning series is also executive produced by Mario Lopez, Mark Schulman and Gil Lopez.
NUVOtv (www.myNUVOtv.com) is the premiere English-language destination for Latino entertainment, embodying the spirit, energy and richness of modern Latino culture. Providing original entertainment and lifestyle programming, NUVOtv is available in more than 32 million homes nationwide with major distribution partners: AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Cox, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FIOS. The network is widely available in all top Hispanic DMAs and most major U.S. markets including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Chicago and New York.
Iconic superstar and powerhouse entrepreneur, Jennifer Lopez serves as NUVOtv's Chief Creative Officer collaborating closely with the network on programming strategy, production and marketing.