NICKELODEON AND "PETER RABBIT" SPRING INTO ACTION AT THE AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL TOY FAIR 2014 WITH EXCITING NEW TOY LINEUP IN NEW YORK CITY
New Collections Feature Playthings from Master Toy Licensee Cartwheel Kids,
Specialty Plush, Games and Puzzles from GUND(R) and Cardinal
NEW YORK, Feb. 19, 2014 - Nickelodeon will unveil an impressive line of Peter Rabbit-inspired products from master toy licensee Cartwheel Kids, along with GUND(R) and Cardinal this week at the American International Toy Fair in New York City. The robust lineup consists of unique and innovative products that span multiple categories including figures, playsets, role play, bath toys, specialty plush, games and activities. All products will be released this spring and fall at retailers nationwide.
Nickelodeon and master toy licensee Cartwheel Kids will introduce an adorable assortment of Peter Rabbit playthings inspired by the adventures, friendships and storytelling featured in the hit CG-animated Nick series. The line will include a grand selection of articulated figures, bath toys, role-play gear, playsets and interactive plush toys featuring the lovable characters and their environments. The collection will roll out this fall.
Nickelodeon will also debut a new specialty plush toy line from huggable plush designers GUND(R). The high-quality collection features Peter Rabbit and his friends in various plush styles and sizes ranging from 5-inches to 48-inches. Made of the finest fabrics and with precise details, Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Lily Bobtail will hop into gift, specialty and department stores, including Nordstrom, this spring.
"We are thrilled to debut our Cartwheel Kids, GUND(R) and Cardinal products to Peter Rabbit fans," said Pam Kaufman, Chief Marketing Officer and President Consumer Products, Nickelodeon. "These creations offer a fresh take on a timeless character, offering kids the opportunity to experience their own adventurous tales through imaginative play, while creating long lasting memories along the way."
"Nickelodeon has done an amazing job taking a beloved children's property like Peter Rabbit and making it fresh and contemporary, while maintaining the elements that make it special," said Vince Klaseus, CEO of Cartwheel Kids. "Our new Peter Rabbit toy line captures the essence of the TV series and encourages preschoolers to engage in fun, interactive and open-ended play."
Additionally, Nickelodeon will release brand-new Peter Rabbit-themed puzzles, wood tabletop games and skill/action games from Cardinal Industries, Inc.
Peter Rabbit 2014 product lineup includes:
· 7" Beanie Plush - Adventures can be played out with the whole collection of plush beanies or cuddle up with your favorite character. Look out, you don't want these bunnies to be caught under foot... of Mr. McGregor. Available in Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, Lily Bobtail and Cottontail Rabbit. $7.99 SRP, ages 3+.
· 12" Plush - 3 Characters Assortment - Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Lily Bobtail. Hop to it with these adorable Peter Rabbit toys. These 12-inch tall plush toys are the ideal friends for any adventure and even a great pal for bedtime. $14.99 each, ages 2+.
· Peter Talking Plush - With six exciting phrases straight from the hit TV show on Nickelodeon, Peter Rabbit will be the perfect friend for the little hopper in your life. Soft and cuddly, he can be a favorite pal for daytime adventures or a companion at bedtime. This 12-inch tall plush doll is made from soft and safe fabrics. $19.99 each, ages 2+.
· Bath Toys - A watering can, raft, and two squirting Rabbits - the perfect toy for a hopping good bath time. Peter Rabbit and Lily Bobtail figures can raft all over the tub and little ones will love the working watering can that helps them get clean. $9.99 SRP, ages 3+.
· Role Play - Boys and girls can be just like the adventurous Peter Rabbit with a pair of rabbit ears and his famous messenger bag. They will create their own adventures, following the included map to find all sorts of fun. Look close with the magnifying glass and you might even spy some radishes. $14.99, ages 3+.
· Figures Pal Two Pack - Sets include Peter Rabbit and his adorable sister Cottontail Rabbit, and Lily Bobtail with her pal Benjamin Bunny. These articulated figures are the perfect ways to play out all the adventures of the popular Nickelodeon series. $4.99 SRP, ages 2+.
· Adventure Packs - Sets include bounce wagon set with Lily Bobtail and Cottontail Rabbit, and sled launcher set with Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. Exclusive to Toys "R" Us. $9.99 SRP, ages 2+.
· Treehouse Playset - Peter Rabbit's Adventure Treehouse is full of fun and surprises. Pop open the trapdoor and speed down the slide, but watch out for Mr. Tod at the bottom. Take the elevator back up and search the skies at the lookout tower. If the skies are clear, hop on the Hang glider and zoom away.
$29.99, ages 2+.
· Hop N' Dance Peter Rabbit - Let's Hop To It! Interactive Peter Rabbit really hops and dances. With 34 exciting adventures, he will lead your youngster in hours of play and learning. They'll learn to count "Let's Hop 3 Times... One... Two... Three" and practice all the letters of the alphabet. "R is for Radishes... Radishes make me spin with happiness!" After each fun activity, Peter Rabbit will lead kids in the "Bunny Shake" the fun dance that will get them up, moving and shaking their tail. $34.99 SRP, ages 3+.
· Peter Rabbit - 11.5-inch plush toy made of the softest and finest fabric. The adventurous plush features Peter's classic jacket and satchel from the animated series. $20 SRP, ages 1+.
· Benjamin Bunny - Peter's loveable sidekick is made of huggable fabric and has a playful expression. This cuddly 12-inch friend wears a green and red winter cap with a brown jacket. $20 SRP, ages 1+.
· Lily Bobtail - The newest character to join Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny, Lily is 11 inches and made of soft gray fabric with a sweet red dress and pink sweater. Her matching headband features a darling pink flower. $20 SRP, ages 1+.
· All three characters feature a radish - Peter's favorite - sewn into their paw.
Cardinal Industries, Inc.:
· Peter Rabbit Wood Chunky Puzzle - Chunky wood pieces for little hands. Put the five pieces together to form Peter Rabbit over and over again! $10 SRP.
· Peter Rabbit Wood Clock Puzzle - A colorful wooden clock features 12 shaped wooden blocks that fit into matching slots, plus movable arms! With lots of "timely" information on the hands and clock face including markings for quarter past, half past, and more. $10 SRP.
· Peter Rabbit Wood Sound Puzzle - Listen to the sounds of your favorite Peter Rabbit characters when the puzzle pieces are correctly placed in the puzzle board! Each piece has a matching full-color picture underneath. Eye- and ear-catching puzzle enhances matching and listening skills. $15 SRP.
· Peter Rabbit Memory Match - Build your child's memory skills and see if they can remember where Peter and his friends are hiding. Classic game of Memory Match, now with a Peter Rabbit twist. $5 SRP, ages 3+.
· Peter Rabbit Foam Puzzle - A perfect introduction to puzzle-building for younger children. Comes with soft and large foam pieces, easier for little hands. This 16-piece Peter Rabbit puzzle measures 13 inches by 24 inches when assembled. $7 SRP.
· Peter Rabbit Floor Puzzle -Enjoy this super fun floor puzzle featuring Peter Rabbit. This puzzle consists of 46 pieces and measures 24 inches by 36 inches when assembled. $8 SRP.
· Peter Rabbit Puzzle in Foil Bag - Take this adorable Peter Rabbit puzzle anywhere with the re-sealable foil bag containing a 24-piece jigsaw puzzle. Puzzle size is 10.375" x 9.125". $3 SRP.
· Peter Rabbit Pop-Up Game - The classic pop-up Game now enhanced with Peter Rabbit and his friends. Will you be the first to get all your pieces home? $5 SRP, ages 3+.
About Peter Rabbit
In February 2013, Nickelodeon debuted the CG-animated preschool series, Peter Rabbit. The series is a reimagining of the popular Beatrix Potter children's books based on the beloved Peter Rabbit character, which have sold over 250 million copies worldwide and been translated into 35 languages. The series follows the adventures of Peter Rabbit and his best friends Benjamin Bunny and Lily Bobtail. Peter Rabbit features educational goals that encourage preschoolers to learn problem-solving and interpersonal skills, self-efficacy, resilience, positive re-framing and fosters an interest in nature.
About Cartwheel Kids
Cartwheel Kids LLC is wholly owned subsidiary of Xcessory International, and designs and manufactures unique and innovative playthings for children ages infant to tween including preschool toys, figures, play sets, plush, dress-up, role-play, seasonal and novelty items, and more. Led by a team of acclaimed industry veterans including Vince Klaseus, Len Mazzocco and Daniel Setton, Cartwheel Kids offers unparalleled expertise in product design and development as well as brand-building and franchise management.
Cartwheel Kids is committed to delivering quality toys rooted in imaginative play and storytelling, targeting parents and grandparents with both mass and mid-tier specialty offerings. For more information, visit http://www.cartwheelkids.com.
GUND(R), a division of Enesco, LLC, is known worldwide for its top quality, soft and huggable plush designs and gift products. Award-winning GUND(R) products appeal to all ages, from infants up, and are perfect for both play and collecting. The 116-year old company is based in Edison, New Jersey, and distributes throughout the United States and Canada as well as in Europe, Japan, Australia and South America. GUND(R) products may be found in gift, specialty, toy, book, museum and department stores and many other retail outlets. Please visit www.gund.com
About Cardinal Industries, Inc.
Cardinal Industries a privately held company, located in Long Island City, NY; manufactures more that 400 items including traditional dominoes, checkers, card games and an extensive line of Licensed games and puzzles. Cardinal has made a name for itself in licensed Puzzles and games - working with the best in class Licenses such as Disney, Marvel, Nickelodeon, Sanrio, Twentieth Century Fox, NBC, Warner Bros, Sesame Street, HIT Entertainment, Lucas, Mattel, Hasbro and more! Among the product categories in which Cardinal dominates are Puzzles - Lenticular, wood, basic, Games - signature board games, card games, Skill & Action all include innovative elements and packaging! Cardinal offers retailers one stop shopping in games and puzzles.
Nickelodeon, now in its 34th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in more than 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 19 consecutive years. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B). Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B).