NICKELODEON UNVEILS ROBUST "SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS"
TOY AND ACTIVITY LINEUP AT NEW YORK TOY FAIR 2014
New SpongeBob-Themed Toys from Industry Leading Licensees Just Play, Fisher-Price(R)'s Imaginext(R) Brand, MEGA Bloks and NKOK, Inc., Available this Spring
NEW YORK - Feb. 19, 2014 - Nickelodeon will debut a broad new lineup of SpongeBob SquarePants products for fans of all ages during the American International Toy Fair in New York City, Feb. 16-19. The new line of products include plush, collectible figures and role play toys from master toy licensee, Just Play; playsets from Fisher-Price(R)'s Imaginext(R) brand; remote control and kid powered vehicles from NKOK, Inc. and building sets from recently announced, global construction toy licensee, MEGA Bloks.
"SpongeBob SquarePants has been entertaining kids and adults around the world for almost 15 years, and our partners have done an incredible job of creating an exciting take on the series with these new toy lines," Pam Kaufman, Chief Marketing Officer and President Consumer Products, Nickelodeon. "Fans will love recreating scenes from their favorite SpongeBob episodes, or cooking up wild new adventures of their own."
SpongeBob SquarePants 2014 product offerings include:
· SpongeBuddy SquarePants - Standing at 9.5", this life-like SpongeBob makes funny facial expressions, laughs, talks and plays the series' theme song. With more than 50 phrases and sound effects, $29.99, ages 3+.
· Talking Krabby Patty Maker -SpongeBob fans can 'make' their own Krabby Patties at home with this playset. Featuring a talking SpongeBob and realistic grilling and frying sound effects, fans can live out their Fry Cook dreams. $24.99, ages 3+.
· Medium Assorted Plush - 10.5" Soft huggable plush available in SpongeBob and Patrick. $14.99, ages 3+.
· Large Assorted Plush - 16" Jumbo microbead-filled SpongeBob and Patrick plush are easy to pick up, but hard to put down. $19.99, ages 3+
· Talking Plush Assortment -Fans can relive their favorite SpongeBob moments with these hysterical 9" talking beans. Just give them a 'whack' to hear them talk back. Available in Mermaid Man, Karate Chopper, Ripped Pants and Prehistoric Bob. $9.99, ages 3+.
· Talking Action Figures - Available in two styles, Karate Chopper SpongeBob and Jellyfishing SpongeBob, each 5.75" figure says memorable and hilarious phrases from the show. $9.99, ages 3+.
· Collectible Figures:
· An assortment of 2.5" collectible figures delivers the world of SpongeBob to the fans. Available in three styles, each two-pack is themed and captures a memorable moment from the series including "Have You Seen this Snail" and "Plankton's Army." $5.99, ages 3+.
· An assortment of 2.5" collectible figures available in two styles, each six-pack is inspired by "Dunces and Dragons" and "Hall of Fame SpongeBob." $12.99, ages 3+.
· Small Plush Assortment - 6" Fans can collect their favorite SpongeBob characters including SpongeBob, Patrick, Gary and Plankton. $5.99, ages 3+.
· SpongeBob SquarePants Glove World - This playset features Bikini Bottom's ultimate amusement park filled with thrilling rides. Players will be able to ride through the Tunnel of Glove, experience the heights of the Fiery Fist O' Pain roller coaster and more. The set includes SpongeBob and Patrick figures wearing Glove World hats, and balloon and ice cream bar accessories. $39.99, ages 3-8.
· SpongeBob SquarePants Plankton & Chumbot - Plankton is always spying on the Krusty Krab in Bikini Bottom and thhis vehicle will help him on the quest to find the Krabby Patty recipe. Includes Chumbot, and Plankton figure with backpack and propeller. Additional figures sold separately and subject to availability. $6.99, ages 3-8.
· SpongeBob SquarePants Mermaidman & Barnacle Boy - These two semi-retired superheroes are ready to help SpongeBob fans fight undersea crime in Bikini Bottom. The two-pack action figure set features Mermaidman with his mermerang (similar to a boomerang) and Barnacle Boy with his waterball. $6.99, ages 3-8.
· SpongeBob SquarePants Speed Boat - SpongeBob is off to the races in this flashy speed boat. This vehicle is sure to put fans' imaginations into high gear, creating fast-paced adventures for SpongeBob and his underwater pals. $13.99, ages 3-8.
This fall, MEGA Bloks will release six all-new Bikini Bottom themed construction vehicles and playsets featuring SpongeBob and his best pals.
Coming this fall, NKOK, Inc. will release a collection of remote control and light and sound pullback vehicles, and a race car track highlighting SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward.
Since its launch in July 1999, SpongeBob SquarePants has become one of the most beloved animated characters in TV history, and a global pop culture phenomenon. In its 14th year, the series continues to rank as the number-one animated series with kids 2-11 on all of television, as well as one of the most 'liked' animated series on Facebook, with more than 100 million fans. Over the past several years, SpongeBob has averaged more than 100 million total viewers every quarter across all Nickelodeon networks.
About Just Play
Just Play is a manufacturer and distributor of a broad range of children's consumer goods including toys, dolls, plush, role play, and health and beauty products. To learn more about Just Play's products, please visit www.JustPlayToys.com, or follow the company on Twitter (@JustPlayToys) or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/JustPlay).
Fisher-Price, Inc., a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) located in East Aurora, N.Y., is the leading brand of infant and preschool toys in the world. The company's legacy of high quality toys has enhanced early childhood development for more than 83 years. Some of the Company's best-known "classic" brands include Little People(R), Power Wheels(R) and Imaginext(R). Fisher-Price is also a leading developer of baby gear products (infant swings, bouncers, high chairs), as well as a wide array of character-based toys inspired by high quality children's programming such as Dora the Explorer(TM), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Thomas & Friends(TM). The Company's website, www.fisher-price.com, as well as its Facebook page, www.facebook.com/fisherprice provides valuable information and resources to parents and grandparents around the world.
About MEGA Bloks
MEGA Brands (TSX: MB) is a trusted family of leading global brands in construction toys, games & puzzles, arts & crafts and stationery. They offer engaging creative experiences for children, families and collectors through innovative, well-designed, affordable and high-quality products. The MEGA Brands headquarters is in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, where the company was originally founded by Rita & Victor Bertrand over 40 years ago. The Montreal facility houses an International Design Center and North America's Biggest Toy Factory, where hundreds of people make millions of MEGA BLOKS products every year.
About NKOK, Inc.
NKOK, Inc., an affiliate company of Ngai Keung Metal & Plastic Manufactory Limited, was established in October 1998 as a distribution and marketing center for US licensed products, especially in the remote control category. NKOK is dedicated to innovation, using the latest technology to produce premium quality products under these trademarks: NKOK R/C Racing(R), NKOK Junior Racing(R), High Rollerz(R), Homeplay(R) and Lil'Creator(TM). The company has diversified into crafts, role-play activities and TV licensed driven items. Some of the popular toys include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(R) remote vehicles, Halo(R) remote vehicles, SINGER(R) sewing & knitting machines and Hello Kitty(R) craft kits.
Nickelodeon, now in its 34th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in more than 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 19 consecutive years. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B). Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B).