DISNEY XD LAUNCHES POPULAR "GRAVITY FALLS" APP ON ANDROID AND KINDLE FIRE DEVICES
iOS Version Updated With New Challenges, Locations and
Disney XD is launching its "Gravity Falls Mystery Shack Attack" tower defense strategy game app today on select Android devices in Google Play and Kindle Fire in the Amazon Appstore for $2.99.
In the game, Li'l Gideon has called upon his minions from the great beyond to scare Dipper, Mabel and Grunkle Stan out of Gravity Falls. Players can help the trio by strategically placing an array of revamped gadgets and odd knickknacks from the Mystery Shack in the path of the creatures and other supernatural baddies.
Core features of the game include:
· Help Dipper and Mabel defend key "Gravity Falls" locations: the Mystery Shack, Dusk 2 Dawn, Arcade, Summerween Superstore and the Tent of Telepathy.
· Access to more than 20 defensive items, including the Manotaur War Horn, Gnome Launcher, Sneezing Powder and more.
· Summon the Giant Gnome Monster, Rumble McSkirmish and other Gravity Falls characters to help defend and block the minions.
All versions of the app, including iPad and iPhone, now also include the following updates:
· Challenges Gameplay Mode: Players test their building skills in 15 hand-crafted challenges, including Drats Bats!, Sneeze Attack, the Brain Train, Defend a Lot, With the Li'l and Yeti or Not, Here I Come!, among others.
· Endless Gameplay Mode: Defeat endless waves of enemies in an attempt to earn the highest score. Each wave will get progressively harder until the enemy's forces become overwhelming.
· Enhanced World Map: The new Gravity Falls world map makes it easier to select locations and challenges.
· Upgrade Shop: Grunkle Stan has opened up a new shop, serving up upgrades that permanently enhance gameplay.
· Currency: Stars: By completing areas in Story Mode and completing challenges, players can earn Stars that can be used to buy item upgrades.
"Gravity Falls" is an animated adventure comedy riddled with mystery. In it twin brother and sister, Dipper and Mabel, are sent to spend their summer vacation with their great uncle, Grunkle Stan, who enlists the siblings' help in running the Mystery Shack, a fun tourist trap he owns that overcharges unsuspecting customers. While Dipper has a hard time getting used to his new surroundings, Mabel's upbeat optimism comes in handy in her quest to find true love. When Dipper stumbles upon an elusive book, he discovers it is the key to unlocking the town's mysterious secrets, and the brother and sister duo soon realize they must rely on one another to navigate the unfamiliar place. Meanwhile, when he isn't busy trying to make a quick buck from his unsuspecting customers, Grunkle Stan guards his own secret that might hold the key to unlocking the mystery of Gravity Falls.
"Gravity Falls" stars Jason Ritter as Dipper Pines, Kristen Schaal as Mabel Pines, Alex Hirsch as Grunkle Stan and Soos, and Linda Cardellini as Wendy. Thurop Van Orman ("Adventure Time") guest stars as Li'l Gideon. "Gravity Falls" is a production of Disney Television Animation and carries a TV-Y7 parental guideline. The series airs on Disney XD and Disney Channel.
Over the past several years, the Disney/ABC Television Group has consistently unveiled innovative, award-winning multiplatform services and apps. "WATCH Disney Channel," "WATCH Disney Junior" and "WATCH Disney XD" apps make full-length episodes of popular shows available online and on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Verified pay TV customers can access live feeds of the networks, as well as access to first looks and sneak peeks. In addition to the WATCH services, other notable DATG apps include the Disney Junior Appisode app, which offers true interactive viewing, allowing kids ages 2-7 to touch, tap, swipe, tilt, shake and talk their way through various fun-filled activities embedded into episodes of some of their favorite Disney Junior shows. Disney Channel Photo Finish App enables fans to customize their personal photos with popular Disney Channel show themes and characters.