PARTICIPANTS ANNOUNCED FOR SEASON 4 OF THE HIT SERIES "EXTREME WEIGHT LOSS," WHICH WILL PREMIERE MAY 27 ON ABC
Chris and Heidi Powell Return as Transformation Specialists and Trainers
The hit series "Extreme Weight Loss," a unique, non-competitive show about weight-loss transformations that documents the unprecedented 365-day journey of courageous, "super-obese" participants, will make its Season 4 premiere on TUESDAY, MAY 27 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET/PT) on the ABC Television Network. In each of the 13 stand-alone, two-hour episodes, the participants -- whose lives have become unmanageable because of their weight -- will undergo a transformation not only of their bodies, but of who they are as individuals. With the proper nourishment, exercise and guidance assured by "Extreme Weight Loss," they are afforded a fresh perspective.
Here are the 17 remarkable participants whose one-year weight loss journey will be documented (their full bios are at ABC.com):
· Charita & Ty (Colorado Springs, CO; Oklahoma City, OK) - Charita/310 lbs., a mother of three who wants to be able to dance again, & Ty/480 lbs., a baseball prospect who could get a professional contract if he can get under 300 lbs. (This will be the first time in the show's history that the participants go head-to-head, with only one in this episode making it to the final weigh-in.)
· Kathie & Josh (Charlotte, NC) - Single mother/255 lbs. & her 21-year-old son/345 lbs., who lives at home.
· Bruce (Salt Lake City, UT) - Football coach/382 lbs., who wants to confront his imprisoned father, a convicted child molester, for what he says happened to him during his childhood.
· Jeff & Juliana (Denver, CO) - Father/423 lbs. & his 15-year-old daughter/265 lbs., who have a strained relationship.
· Jayce (Nashville, TN) - Country songwriter/417 lbs., who wants to be a performer.
· Melissa (Shadyside, OH) - Widow/301 lbs. who was married to an Afghanistan war veteran until he committed suicide as a result of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).
· David (St. Louis, MO) - Gourmet chef/413 lbs. who can't overcome the guilt he feels about his brother & sister's deaths.
· Brandi (Atlanta, GA) - Former Pageant Queen/329 lbs. who wants to be pretty again.
· Georgeanna (Tulsa, OK) - Pastor's wife/315 lbs. who was a former gymnast & cheerleader, but stopped pursuing both to become a mom.
· Sara (Owensboro, KY) - The first "little person"/245 lbs. ever on the show.
· Cassie (Milwaukee, WI) - Mother/347 lbs. who wants to get healthy to meet the son she gave up for adoption 18 years ago.
· Rod (Tallahassee, FL) - Drama teacher/448 lbs., who wants to come out as being gay and then pursue his dream of becoming an actor.
· Christy & Kenny (Las Vegas, NV; Oklahoma City, OK) - Christy/380 lbs., who tried to commit suicide after experiencing teenage bullying, & Kenny/410 lbs., a former Marine who wants to make his kids proud. (Their head-to-head episode is not to be missed; only one of them will make it to the final weigh-in, while the other is the first participant ever to be kicked off the show for bad behavior.)
In addition to having participants continue to work alongside transformation specialists and trainers Chris Powell and his wife, Heidi, the show is taking a unique approach in the upcoming fourth season: each participant will spend the first 90 days of the weight loss journey at the renowned University of Colorado's Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) in Aurora, CO.
Chris & Heidi, plus AHWC's medical director Holly Wyatt, MD, associate professor of medicine at the University of Colorado, will guide these individuals to safely lose up to half their body weight, ultimately revealing an amazing metamorphosis. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center offers some of the country's most advanced research and science-based expertise, focusing on a comprehensive weight loss and weight-loss management approach, including fitness, nutrition and wellness services.
"Extreme Weight Loss" is produced by Eyeworks USA. JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Matt Assmus and Brant Pinvidic are the Executive Producers.
For more information on "Extreme Weight Loss," visit ABC.com