USA NETWORK PARTNERS WITH NEW YORK MAGAZINE ON CUSTOM SURVEY AND FINDS A LOT OF SEX IN THE CITY
Survey Of 411 New Yorkers Finds Manhattan Is The Randiest Borough, Married Men Are Happier With Their Spouses Than Married Women And Nearly Half Of Men Would Cheat Compared To Only a Quarter of Women
USA Network Original Drama SATISFACTION Premieres Thursday, July 17 at 10/9c on USA
NEW YORK, June 30, 2014 - USA Network and New York Magazine today unveiled the results of a survey that asked New Yorkers their thoughts on love, lust, relationships, and what it truly means to be satisfied. The survey tapped into themes in the network's provocative new original drama SATISFACTION, which explores modern marriage at its midpoint through the lens of one couple who question, "What do you do when having it all is not enough?" SATISFACTION premieres Thursday, July 17 at 10/9c on USA.
The survey found Manhanttanites to be the most sexually active, married men to be happier with their spouses than married women, men almost twice as likely to cheat than women and nearly a third of New Yorkers would cheat if there were no consequences.
The custom native advertisement featuring the survey results in infographics is in the June 30 issue of New York Magazine, on stands June 30-July 13. The results are paired with the USA Network ad for SATISFACTION. In addition to the in-book placement, the infographics will live on Vulture.com and ScienceOfUs.com along with a custom "Satisfaction" quiz that will be featured throughout the site.
"We always knew when we green lit our new drama series SATISFACTION that it would strike an emotional chord with our viewers and spark a heated debate," said USA Network Executive Vice President of Marketing and Digital, Alexandra Shapiro. "We couldn't think of a better partner than New York Magazine to capture the cultural conversation around modern love and what it truly means to be satisfied."
Some additional details on the survey results:
· Married men are happier with their spouse (47%) than married women (37%).
· New Yorkers who have sex 11 or more times a month (62%) are also much happier with their partner than those who have sex 5 or fewer times per month (33%).
· When asked what two things they need more of in their lives, 62% of New Yorkers say money and 55% say health.
· Almost half of men age 18 to 44 (47%) would cheat compared to only a quarter of women age 18 to 44 (25%).
· Nearly nine in ten New Yorkers agree that partners must be in love for the relationship to be successful. Meanwhile, only half of New Yorkers believe love is enough to keep a relationship going.
· Three out of four New Yorkers consider sexting cheating, while 69% say cybersex is cheating and 70% say phone sex is.
· If given the opportunity, 29% of New Yorkers would cheat as long as their partner would never find out.
· On average, attached New Yorkers have had 17.4 sexual partners in their lifetime. Residents of Queens report the lowest number of sex partners (10.2), while residents of Manhattan have the most (29.4).
· Only 1/3 of New Yorkers are very happy with their sex life. On average attached New Yorkers have sex 7.7 times per month. Unmarried New Yorkers are much happier with their sex life (47% very happy) compared to married New Yorkers (27% very happy).
· Women are especially suspicious of their partners, 29% report suspecting their partner of cheating compared only to 15% of men.
SATISFACTION stars Matt Passmore ("The Glades"), Stephanie Szostak ("Devil Wears Prada"), Michelle DeShon ("Hollywood Heights"), Katherine LaNasa ("The Campaign"), Blair Redford ("Switched at Birth"), and Deanna Russo ("Knight Rider"). Recurring guest stars in the first season include: Michael Vartan ("Bates Motel"), Spencer Garrett ("Yes Man"), Alyshia Ochse ("The Other Woman") and Leon Thomas III ("Victorious"). The series is from Universal Cable Productions (UCP) and executive producer/creator Sean Jablonski (SUITS, "Nip Tuck"). Russ Krasnoff ("Community") of Krasnoff/Foster also serves as executive producer.
About USA Network
The #1 network in all of basic cable for an unprecedented eight straight years, USA Network is seen in more than 102 million U.S. homes. USA offers a powerful stable of dramatic, comedic and unscripted originals. The network also features spectacular live television, a dynamic portfolio of acquired series and the best in blockbuster theatrical films and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. The award-winning website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com.
About New York Media
New York Media is the parent company of the ground-breaking magazine New York; the up-to-the-minute news and service website nymag.com; the Grub Street food site; the entertainment and culture news site Vulture; the fashion and lifestyle site The Cut; and the twice-yearly New York Weddings and New York Design Hunting magazines.