ARTISTS/CONTESTANTS NAMED FOR NEW GSN BODY PAINTING COMPETITION SERIES, "SKIN WARS," HOSTED BY REBECCA ROMIJN
Premiering Wednesday, August 6th at 9:00pm ET/PT,
Ten Artists Compete For $100,000 Cash Prize and More
July 8, 2014 (Santa Monica, CA) - GSN, the leader in game shows and competitive entertainment, announced today the talented contestants to be featured on the inaugural season of SKIN WARS, an eight-episode, hour-long competition show that seeks to find the most talented and versatile body painters in the country. The series, which debuts Wednesday, August 6 at 9:00pm ET/PT (8pm CT), also marks television's first-ever body painting competition show.
The body painting artists with "skin in the game" this season includes:
· Alan Anderson is an award winning artist from Denver who also makes a living as a firefighter and paramedic. At an early age he started creating creatures and characters on himself for Halloween parties and contests.
· Angela Roberts is the youngest of the group at 21 years old. This former college track star from Lafayette, Louisiana has used her talent and art to overcome some of the learning disabilities she's faced since an early age.
· Dutch Bihary teaches workshops around the country with his wife, in addition to owning and operating a face and body painting workshop in Seattle, WA. He started out illustrating comic books and his love of the art has evolved into a wide variety of projects, from murals, tattoo flash, and album covers to special effects makeup on film and music videos.
· Felle is a master of the air brush gun and has painted murals and more for hip hop royalty, including Jay Z, Lil Wayne, Beyonce, and Kanye West. Owner of a custom auto painting shop in Detroit, MI, he is also a member of Economic Growth for Detroit.
· Gear Boxxx is a street graffiti artist turned body painting instructor from Las Vegas. Known in the business for his talented air brushing skills, Gear loves all things anime and Bruce Lee.
· Mythica Von Griffyn, is a certified hypnotherapist, a Reiki Master, and a reverend from Denver. She also spends her time teaching spiritual body painting for healing.
· Natalie Fletcher, from Bend, OR, is trained in classic realism and technical painting, and specializes in hand painted camouflage landscapes
· Nicole Hays, from Riverview, FL is the black sheep of her family of dentists and doctors. She fell in love with art and decided to become an artist while on spring break in Florida and never left. Nicole also competes on a roller derby team and performs circus acts.
· Sean Avram, from Hinesburg, VT, was once a professional wrestler, commentator and ring announcer and is now a father of five. He is known for body painting fantasy and science fiction characters, usually on his wife, who serves as both a model and his muse.
· Shannon Holt, from Orlando, FL, got her start painting guests at high end nudist resorts. Now she travels the world, body painting at art galleries and private parties. Shannon is an animal lover and animal rescue is a big part of her life.
Hosted by actress Rebecca Romijn SKIN WARS, also boasts an impressive panel of judges, including legendary entertainer RuPaul and body painting icons Craig Tracy and Robin Slonina. The winner of the competition will receive a $100,000 cash prize, a one-year supply of paint and will be the featured guest artist at IMATS, the premiere body painting trade show in New York City.
SKIN WARS is executive produced by Michael Levitt of Michael Levitt Productions (Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, Ask Oprah's All Stars, Billboard Music Awards), Jill Goularte, Colleen Sands and Rebecca Romijn. Craig Tracy and Robin Slonina also serve as producers.
GSN is the leader in game show entertainment across multimedia. GSN presents original and classic game programming and competitive entertainment and games via its 80-million subscriber television network, a dedicated GSN.TV website and via digital game sites. GSN's cross-platform content gives game lovers the opportunity to win cash and prizes, through GSN's popular TV game shows and GSN Games' free casual games, mobile and social games, and skill-game tournaments. GSN's television network is distributed throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Canada by all major cable operators, satellite providers and telcos. GSN is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and DIRECTV. For further information, please visit GSNTV.com.