Expansion Continues for Bounce TV as Fast-Growing Net:
Adds WMAR-TV in Baltimore & WSYM-TV in Lansing,
Passes 90% of African American TV Homes;
Doubles Number of Upfront Advertisers;
Posts Double-Digit Ratings Gains Across the Board;
Acquires More Movie Titles in Deal
With Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution
ATLANTA (Sept. 24, 2014) - Bounce TV (http://bouncetv.com) launched Sept. 26, 2011 as the nation's first-ever broadcast television network designed for African American audiences. Three years after its debut, the network continues to grow in strength and popularity with affiliates, sponsors and viewers. The network announced today that:
· WMAR-TV in Baltimore, MD (E.W. Scripps Company) and WSYM-TV in Lansing, MI (Journal Broadcast Group) are the newest Bounce TV affiliates. Their additions drive the network past 90% of African American television households and 73% of U.S. TV HHs.
· National upfront advertisers have more than doubled in the past year, with the network now boasting a roster of 35 blue-chip general market sponsors across multiple categories.
· Primetime viewership is up +61% in Households, +51% in A18-49 and +54% in A25-54 September to-date vs. Sept. '13 while quarterly primetime viewership has risen by +44% in Households, +14% in A18-49 and +18% in Adults 25-54 in the third quarter to date* vs 3Q13.
· The acquisition of a package of demo-targeted motion pictures in a new film licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution (WBDTD), including: Greased Lightning starring Richard Pryor, the classic Bill Cosby-Sidney Poitier pairings Uptown Saturday Night and Let's Do It Again; Wesley Snipes starring in Boiling Point and One Night Stand; Rumble in the Bronx starring Jackie Chan; Cuba Gooding, Jr. in Judgment Night; Prince's follow-up to Purple Rain, Graffiti Bridge and more.
· Production on the new Bounce TV original series Mann & Wife will begin in November. Husband and wife team David Mann (Madea's Big Happy Family) and Tamela Mann (Sparkle), stars of the hit Tyler Perry sitcom Meet The Browns, reunite for this new sitcom, to debut in 2015.
· The season two premiere of the Bounce TV original series Family Time will be Tues. Oct. 14 at 10:00 p.m. while the season three premiere of Off The Chain will be Weds. Nov. 12 at 10:00 p.m. (All times Eastern.)
"We're accelerating plans on all fronts thanks to our dedicated affiliate partners, our supportive sponsors and our loyal-and-growing audience," commented Jonathan Katz, Bounce TV's Chief Operating Officer.
Bounce TV targets African American adults with a programming mix of original series, theatrical motion pictures, documentaries, specials, game shows and inspirational faith-based programs. Bounce TV is currently seen in 90 markets, including all of the top African American television markets, 90% of African American television homes and 73% of the total television homes in the United States.
# # #
*Source: Nielsen L+SD. Primetime (M-Su 7p-11p). September 2014 and Q3 2014 data thru 9/22/14