NICKELODEON LAUNCHES FIRST "BLAZE AND THE MONSTER MACHINES" APP, INSPIRED BY THE HIT STEM PRESCHOOL SERIES
Nickelodeon introduces the first Blaze and the Monster Machines app, inspired by the net's hit preschool series supercharged with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) curriculum. Available now, the app introduces preschoolers to STEM concepts as they race along preset courses or build their own tracks.
The app features two modes - Race and Build - which encourage children to apply critical thinking skills and explore scientific principles including acceleration, adhesion, force, friction and more. In Race mode, users help monster truck Blaze and his driver AJ compete against the other monster trucks while using problem solving skills to navigate obstacles along the way. In Build mode, kids will construct a race track and help Blaze advance with speed boosts or slow his opponents down with objects like sticky bubble gum.
· Three locations: The Badlands, The Snowy Slopes and The Monster Dome
· Environmental obstacles like an ice patch in The Snowy Slopes and Crusher-based contraptions like a pineapple blaster
· Power ups like tire chains to avoid slippery spots, soapy tires to fly through sticky patches, and hubcaps to fill the "Let's Blaze" acceleration meter
· Experiment with up to 15 STEM-related items like magnets and acceleration boost pads
· Two different driving controls - tilt and swipe
· 15 levels that progress in difficulty
· Gold, silver or bronze medals awarded to each race
· Trace a unique path for each race course
· Create and edit tracks along the way
· Save up to 12 courses in each location
The Blaze and the Monster Machines app is the latest offering of Nickelodeon's curriculum-driven preschool apps. Nick has launched more than 20 preschool apps including the newly released Nick Jr. App and other top-performing titles like PAW Patrol Rescue Run (problem-solving and social skills), Wallykazam! Letter and Word Magic (literacy), Bubble Guppies Animal School Day (science), and the award-winning Nick Jr. Draw and Play (creativity and imagination).
About Blaze and the Monster Machines
In Blaze and the Monster Machines, the amazing monster truck Blaze and his eight-year-old driver AJ have adventures that explore the physics of how things move; tackle problems through scientific inquiry and mathematics; and discover the parts needed to make everyday technologies work. Each action-packed episode is filled with monster trucks, physical humor and upbeat original songs with lyrics that highlight a STEM concept such as adhesion, friction, force, trajectory and magnetism. The series, created by Jeff Borkin (Team Umizoomi head writer) and Ellen Martin (Bubble Guppies supervising producer), airs weekdays at 10:30 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon.