NBC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES FIRST EVER APP FOR "SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE"
40 Seasons. One app. Almost 800 SNL Iconic Episodes Worth of Classic Comedy, +300 Hours of Video, Never Before Released Moments, Original Digital Content, Personalized Features, and an SNL Emoji Keyboard (Emojis!) are Available Now Free on the SNL App
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - Feb. 12, 2015 - In celebration of Saturday Night Live's 40th anniversary, NBC Entertainment announces the first-ever SNL app, an innovative, personalized SNL experience that gets smarter as you go.
Simply swipe from sketch to sketch, or dive in to the 40 season library and find favorite moments by season, cast member, character and more. The SNL app is the ONLY place to get exclusive content from the show past and present and the SNL emoji keyboard.
"Forty Seasons of ground breaking television deserves a ground breaking app," said Robert Hayes, EVP, Digital NBC Entertainment. "We're proud to partner with Lorne and Saturday Night Live on a unique digital experience, one that couples over 300 hours of video with innovative functionality and exciting original content."
The SNL app for iPhone(R) is available for free on the App Store? (AppStore.com/SNL) and is coming soon to Android(TM) phones.
The SNL app is an entirely unique mobile video app, reflecting the singular nature of the 40 season library of "Saturday Night Live." The SNL app has enhanced discovery capabilities for the 5,500 plus sketches, resulting in new ways to enjoy the SNL library never before available on any site or platform. Download screenshots, emojis and videos of the app here: bit.ly/SNLAppAssets
The SNL app is:
· An app that gets smarter as you go - The personalization engine responds to what you're watching and how you watch and predicts what you want to see next. The more you interact, the more you discover clips that fit your tastes and create bespoke "episodes" of SNL featuring your favorite moments.
· A library of initially 5,500 classic and current clips - SNL's classic and current moments from 40 seasons and almost 800 episodes available in one location, on the go, right in your pocket.
· Easy, fast and fun - Video loads fast and immediately. Swipe from clip to clip in a simple user interface.
· Find clips instantly - A fast, powerful search allows you to find exactly what they're looking for, or take your time and browse by season, cast member, episode and more.
· Custom SNL emoji keyboard - The only place to find 60 classic and current SNL emojis. Your texting game just got that much better.
· Exclusive content - Watch never-before-seen moments from the show past and present.
· Mark, re-watch and share clips with ease - Curate your SNL playlist by marking favorites to watch and share instantly.
· Updated with the latest SNL video - New broadcast as well as digital-exclusive material will be updated as new episodes and new seasons air.
· A completely new way to watch Saturday Night Live anywhere you want, any time you want.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
"Saturday Night Live" is produced in association with Broadway Video. The creator and executive producer is Lorne Michaels.
NBC Entertainment Digital
The Emmy Award-winning digital team oversees NBC's Late Night, Primetime and Daytime initiatives across all digital platforms and is the leading mobile and online destination for television and interactive entertainment. Producing both derivative and web-exclusive programming and building digital products; the team extends the broadcast experience through key collaborations with partners and targeted social outreach via its robust social platforms. For full episodes visit nbc.com or get the NBC app. You can find us at @NBC on Twitter, /NBC on Facebook and @NBCTV on Instagram.