· Alyvia will portray a young Dolly Parton in the upcoming NBC movie "Coat of Many Colors."
· She was told she got the role when Dolly surprised her with the good news during her call back audition.
· Alyvia is 7 years old and will be 8 on July 27.
· Alyvia has two other sisters who are also actresses and her mom, Barbara Alyn Woods, was a regular on "One Tree Hill."
· Alyvia most recently had a role in the Lifetime movie spoof "A Deadly Adoption," with Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig. She has also appeared as Jenny in "Masters of Sex" and Grace in "Transparent."
· "Coat of Many Colors" is based on the inspiring true story of living legend Dolly Parton's remarkable upbringing. This once-in-a-lifetime movie special takes us inside the tight-knit Parton family as they struggle to overcome devastating tragedy and discover the healing power of love, faith, and a raggedy patchwork coat that helped make Dolly who she is today.
· The film is neither a biopic, musical nor about Dolly's whole life and performing career. It's a family-oriented faith-based story about the incidents in her and her family's life around the time she was 9 years old.
· Alyvia will play a 9-year-old Dolly.
· The film is set in the Tennessee Great Smokey Mountains in 1955.
· No premiere date for the movie has been announced.
· Writer: Pamela K. Long
· Executive producers: Sam Haskell, Dolly Parton, Pamela K. Long
· Production companies: Magnolia Hill Entertainment and DP Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television