Amazon Prime Video Adds "Fleabag," a New Half Hour Series Written by and Starring "Broadchurch's" Phoebe Waller-Bridge, to its Original Lineup
Amazon has added the half hour series Fleabag, to its lineup of Amazon Original Series, which is scheduled premiere on Prime Video in the US this fall. Written by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Crashing, Broadchurch), Fleabag is a hilarious and poignant window into the mind of a dry-witted, sexual, angry, grief-riddled woman (Waller-Bridge), as she hurls herself at modern living in London. The show is based on Waller-Bridge's play Fleabag, which won an Edinburgh Fringe First Award, the Critics' Circle and Off-West End Awards for Most Promising Playwright and a Special Commendation from the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize.
"Rarely does talent as special as Phoebe Waller-Bridge appear," said Joe Lewis, Amazon's Head of Half Hour series. "From writing to acting, Fleabag is as compelling as Phoebe's talents are undeniable. We're excited to let customers laugh, cry and occasionally watch things get real awkward."
Waller-Bridge commented, "I'm over the moon to be working with Amazon on Fleabag. They are true risk-takers and it's incredibly exciting to be alongside the other amazing shows they are creating. This character is very close to my heart and I'm thrilled that she gets to cause mischief on both sides of the pond. I never imagined in a million years Amazon would be ordering something from me."
Fleabag also stars Brett Gelman (Twin Peaks), Olivia Colman (Peep Show), Bill Paterson (Outlander), Hugh Dennis (Outnumbered), Hugh Skinner (Poldark), Jamie Demetriou (People Time), Jenny Rainsford (The Smoke),and Sian Clifford (Paddy). The series is directed by Harry Bradbeer (Dickensian), and executive produced by Harry Williams and Jack Williams (The Missing).
The series is produced by Jack and Harry Williams of Two Brothers Pictures and Lydia Hampson, directed by Harry Bradbeer (Dickensian, No Offence) and is distributed by all3media International.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, kids series Tumble Leaf and Chi Raq, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
· Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR)
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, access to borrow books with the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.