Disjointed Annouce - Netflix
· Netflix has ordered Disjointed, a new comedy from blockbuster executive producer Chuck Lorre (The Big Bang Theory, Mom, Mike & Molly, Two and a Half Men), starring Academy Award(R) and Emmy(R) winner Kathy Bates (Misery, American Horror Story), via Warner Bros. Television
· The half-hour multi-camera comedy has been ordered straight to series, with an initial order of 20 episodes.
· Lorre and David Javerbaum (The Daily Show, An Act of God) are executive producers/writers of the new series, from Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television for Netflix
· Logline: Disjointed is a workplace comedy starring Kathy Bates as a lifelong advocate for legalization who's finally living her dream as the owner of an L.A.-area cannabis dispensary. Joining her are three budtenders, her twenty-something son and a deeply troubled security guard. All of them are more or less constantly high.
· A three-time Academy Award nominee, Bates won the lead actress Oscar(R) for Misery and was twice nominated for supporting actress, for her work in Primary Colors and About Schmidt
· In television, Bates has won two Emmy Awards - for supporting actress in a miniseries or a movie in American Horror Story: Coven, and for guest actress in a comedy series for Two and a Half Men, executive produced by Lorre - and has been nominated for a total of 13, including two lead actress noms for her starring role in Warner Bros. Television's Harry's Law